Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

blood results (please help me interpret) x

hiya ladies i had some 3 and 21 day bloods done before xmas and the receptionist said they were all fine, the doc had seen them and was happy.

I was passing today and asked for a copy of these to look at can you tell me if these are normal or not?

ive checked online and am so confused if i ovulated or not!?!?

DAY 3 BLOODS:

FSH 4.4iu/L

LH Level 2.2iu/L

progesterone 2.3mmol

Thyroid function test 2.0miu/L

serum free T4 level 12.6pmol/L

DAY 21 BLOODS:

progesterone 25.0mmol/L

i hope someone can help xxx

Replies

• Hiya,

Am no expert but I think its the day 21 progesterone level that indicates ovulation, a value of 20-30 is borderline but ideally should be over 30. Was this definately done on day 21? ie if your cycles are not regular ie 28 days it could be a little out, it might be worth repeating. Mine was always just below 30 and the consultant said this was fine.

All the other tests look normal to me, if in doubt go and discuss them with your GP. Are you hoping for a referral? Dont forget that GPs are not experts in fertility.

Hope this helps a bit xxx
  • Hi Dummymummy,

I don't know the exact ranges the blood results should be, but they all seem in the correct sort-of place to me! I've never seen my results, but they were all bad, so probably wouldn't help!

I know all the units of measurement were cockeyed when I tried to research it, so it does confuse!

xx