Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fertility Score - Low Sperm Count

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has used Fertility Score and got negative results which have been confirmed by the doctor?

Reason I am asking is because my husband used the test yesterday and the test result came back negative meaning he has a low sperm count. Although he will repeat the test in a few days I'm not sure weather to accept it as it is or think that the result is wrong esp if it is negative the second time? His brother has low sperm count also and sister took a long time conceiving.

Apparently its 90% accurate & has had good reviews so I just wanted to know your options/experience with it, if any.

Have also posted in 'Trying for a baby'.

Replies

• Didn't want to R&R.. but sorry I don't know about this test.

Let DH do SA so that you could know and hopefully put ur mind at ease image
  • Hello, I am not sure if this is helpful but my partner used it (if not that one something very similar) and the result was positive. However when I then got referred to the Fertility Clinic, they wouldn't accept that test anyway and they asked him to do an 'official' one. This is to say that it may be better to just go and do it at the doc to put your mind at rest.

Good luck and I hope I understood your question right!

Mxx
  • Just for your info, my DH had the official doctors test. 3 of them which all said the same thing. 5% of his sperm were swimming and of that 5% only half had okay motility. Doctors said we would need intervention to get pregnant.

we tried for a year naturally (i know thats not long in some cases but we only had a year to try as i was having hysterectomy) anyway we found out i was pregnant just before i was confirming that i would have my hysterectomy.

I am now pg with my DH's 2nd child and my 3rd again naturally so maybe dont take the tests to heart just yet.

Hope that helps x
  • Hey

Thank you so much for your replies, mabye i'm panicing a bit too much at the moment.

I think we will definatly have to go to the doctors but i'm worried that they will just send us away and nothing will get done...

Thanks agian image
  • I have heard some stories on here about doctors not being very supportive but i will let you know how it worked for us.

My DH went to the docs and saiud that we were tryign for a baby and asked if he could get his sperm checked and the doc just gave us the forms and cup and told him what to do. It is easier for theman to get checked out first so itr shouldnt be any hardship for your doc to send off samples. doctors usually tend to drag their feet when the women needs to be checked as it is a longer process.

Just tell your partner to be firm and it shouldnt be too bad xx
  • Thanks, I hope it will be the same for us then! Can't book an appointment until Monday as we have just moved house recently we only signed up to the new doctors today.

Husband did another test last night and was the same result, I have also been writing down everything on paper in what we need to ask and have answers for when the doctor asks us things. Going to go in prepared so we aren't sent away straight away!