Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

starting on clomid :-)

well ladies jus been to fertility clinic today and i've been put on clomid.

af is due next wednesday so can start it on cd 2-6.

i do already ov and have a regular cycle but the consultant says i need a boost. he has informed me there is a chance of mulitiple births at which my husband's face went white. hahah i thought was hilarious but i'd quite like the idea of havin a few buns in the oven... means i wouldn't have to go through all this long wait again!!!

the consultant obviously had to discuss side effects etc, does anyone have any really bad ones or are they fairly mild..

don't want to get my hopes up but man i'm so fricking excited image

han xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi han,

I'm hoping to start on clomid soon. Do you mind me asking how you got referred to fertility clinic? What other tests have you had done?

Thanks

• Options
    I've got nonuseful tips or anything yet but I'l b starting it next week when AF arrives too!!

I'm ssooooo excited too! And I'd live to have twins, I'm kinda hoping that does happen!!!

Xxxx
  • Options
    hey,

wispa: we've been ttc for 2 years and 4 months now. after 12 months we went to our gp and had tests done, 21 day bloods and hubby had semen tests. they all came back fine so gp referred us to fertility clinic. i then had a lap n dye in sept jus gone and they found endometreosis which was treated. we went back today and altho i do ovulate and have a regular cycle they've put me on clomid (a low dose) for 3 months to see if it boosts me. if that doesn't work i have to be put on a higher dose for 4 months. then if that doesn't work then we have to be referred on to another clinic for ivf.....i'm really hoping that isn't necessary tho...

how long have you been ttc. what have you had done so far??

hope this has helped a wee bit!

FAYE: i'm so mega excited i keep gigggling. how silly is that!! my af is due next wednesday so i have to start taking it on cd 2 -cd 6....i have to ring clinic on cd 1 to book in for a scan to see how many follicles i have. eeeek !

i'd love twins....when is ur af due. we could be cycle buddies

han x
  • Options
    I know exactly what u mean! I just feel so much more positive!!!

I was given proversa to get my AF as Iv not been having them as have PCOS taken my last one today so not totally sure what day I'm going to come on yet! But We'l b pretty close in cycle!!

I actually can't wait for AF to arrive never thought I'd say that!

Xxx
  • Options
    I was on clomid for 5 months and am now 16 weeks pregnant image

I would say take the pills at night and that curbs most of the side effects, sometime you might feel mega emotional but who doesn't during the LTTC lark and you may get some headaches too, but apart from that I didn't have any probs

Good luck, hope it works for you like it did for me

xx
  • Options
    ooo fingers crossed thanks for ur reply. makes me feel mega excited that this may actually work. thanks for the tips on when to take it too. not looking forward to side effects but to be honest i get headaches any way so a few more won't do any harm! and i'm so emotional anyway so i say bring it on.....hehe

FAYE i cannot wait for my af to arrive now. never in this whole time have i wanted it more badly!

this is jus soooo exciting!! imageimage

xx
  • Options
    Hi Hannah,

G/C to say good luck! You probably don't remember but I was part of a 2WW thread with you the month I started Clomid. It resulted in my BFP and I now have a gorgeous 3 month old baby girl.

I hope you get the same result!

I would also advise taking the tabs at night. I did this and had no real side effects.

GOOD LLUCK!! I'll be popping on to see how you get on.xx
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice lady's!!

Han how u doing Hun? I finished my proversa weds so just waiting for AF now!!

Can't wait for her to arrive!!! Never thought I'd say that!!

Clomid baby here I come!!

Xxxx
  • Options
    MRS DAO, of course i remember you, wow how fast has that gone, ur little girl is 3 months old. wow! awwww massive congratulations to you!

i really hope it works for me too. so so excited by all these success stories. it better bloody work for me. hahah

my af is due wed and cannot wait for her to come n get me. i will def take tablet at night! Faye: how long does it take for af to arrive after taking provera?

i'm not on that, i have a regualr cycle, 28 days plus i ovulate so a bit scared that i end up with about 20 follicles, hahah!!!

hurry up body n give me my af :-P
  • Options
    I'm not sure Han, I hope it comes soon think it should b tomo hopefully! I think I can feel it coming but not sure!!

Tomo will b 5 days since the last day I took proversa.

I just want AF to show up!! Getting impaitent now!!

Xxx
  • Options
    I was on clomid and am also now 16 weeks pregnant!

I agree with fingers crossed, take them at night it really does help. At about 9dpo I felt very very emotional, literally cried at everything and felt quite sick and a few hot flushes.

2nd month was much better and resukted in bfp!xxx
  • Options
    ooo i'm absolutely loving all these successful bfp's. i so desperately hope it works! this week has been the longest week ever, i jus want wednesday to get here and my af to arrive! COME onnnnnn time image

faye i hope ur af comes soon then u can crack on with the clomid, got my fingers crossed she comes soon xxxxx
  • Options
    well af arrived this morning at 3am... Finally!!! only 2 days late so i can ring up for my 10 day scan and start on clomid tomorrow. woop!!!

how are the other clomid ladies getting on??
  • Options
    ok so apparently i'm not starting on clomid yet and i'm so fuming i've jus cried for the last 10 mins out of shear frustration.

i tried to ring up to make my 10 day scan only to be informed by the most useless nurse ever that the doctor who does the scans is now on annual leave for a few weeks ermmmm wtf!!!!

i said well why wasn't i informed of this at my last appoint so i wouldn't actually get that excited by it all n get my hopes up and she jus said erm sorry but you can't start taking clomid yet jus wait til ur next cycle. i told her i wasn't happy about this at all and is there nobody else that could scan me and she said no so i did what any other mature woman would do n hung up then burst into tears.... so frickin mad its unreal and there is absolutely nothing i can do... why the hell didn't the doc tell me this at my appoint so i wouldn't get so excted by it all... worst part is that my af was late and actually thought i was pg so its a double blower today....

i think i need some retail therapy or a big hug :cry:
  • Options
    Oh no, I know exactly how you feel Hannah, but I feel a lot better about it now. I was expecting to be put on clomid at my last appt, as my Dr said he would see me again in 2 months, keep losing the weight (I had lost about 4kg in 3 months) and if my hsg was clear, he would start me on clomid. At the next appt, ready to start my clomid and all excited, I was told by another DR that I would need to lose another 11kg before being put on clomid!!! So either he thought I was going to lose 5.5kg in 2 months, or he didn't use his brain!!! I was gutted. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had known that from the beginning, just like you, I had built myself up for it.

I do worry that I'm pinning all my hopes on clomid and its not necessarily going to work, though.... :cry:
  • Options
    ah hun, i know its terrible isn't it. how silly is ur dr.

makes you wonder how the hell they ever made it as doctors!!

think mine is all due to lack of communication. but feel a lot more positive now, gonna try a high dose of evening primrose oil this month n see if that works, noticed a change in cm while i was on a low dose this last month but hubby was away so couldn't see if it helped...

plus my lovely husband has been brilliant n cheered me up no end, took me out n bought me a new king size bed with the comfiest mattress ever. will be delivered in 6 weeks. mega excited. and we've made a start painting the bedroom too! gives me something else to focus on instead of all this crap! i'm also allowed to start planning the spare room too so i've finally got something to think of...i'm easily pleased it seems!

i'm not too excited about using clomid, not sure its gonna work on me. read that it generally works with those who have irregular cycles but mine is 28 days every month n i ov every month too. but we'll see!

hope ur ok xxx
  • Options
    I got the impression clomid worked better on people who had no other apparent fertility problems, just unexplained infertiity???? Haha, I suppose it depends which google topic we've clicked on first!!! Bloody internet, it can convince you of anything if you look hard enough!

I'm impressed that you are waiting to start your clomid. I would probably be really naughty and start it anyway! I'm one of those types the Drs hate, as I ask lots of questions and don't always do what they say (which is ironic, as I'm a vet nurse and hate it when people ask my advice and then ignore it!)