Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Update On Me.....

Hey all,

Some of you may know me others may not.......

Quick recap, two beautiful girls forteen and five, oldest from prev relationship, been trying since littley born, one MC at seven weeks two years ago........

I am a little bit more of a lurker than a poster of late as with nothing happening it's like nothing to tell.....

Well.......

A few months back I went to see the dr - again - but this time was seen by a lovely dr who wanted to help! She said I should start with the 21 bloods again as they hadn't been taken for a while, so last week off I troted and had yet more blood taken.

Well I went to see her yesterday and armed with the knowledeg that my CBFM had reached no peak again I headed in.

I was told that it looked from the results that I had not released an egg and may have PCOS!!!!

I was stunned after all my laporoscopy last year found nothing wrong....

Well better than that lovely Dr walsh wants me and hubby to be referred to the clinic as she has checked and although as we know with two chldren we cannot have IVF etc we can be investigated and treated for any problems arising from ovulation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo hoo - finally after nearly six long years we may start to get answers!!

Hubby promptly had to do his bit which we got straight to the hospital so that she can get the ball rolling!

I met my hubby after the appoint and burst into tears that we may just get the answers and help we need for this very longed for baby!!!!

My advice to anyone is just keep chipping away until you find the right dr to help - just think a year ago that snotty dr had me devastated that we could not have any help and to go away!!

Well I will keep you all updated of events from here on in!!!

Love a very happy MH xxx

Replies

• I'm so glad you found a sympathetic Dr, it means so much doesn't it?

It really is a lottery!

Being in the Veterinary Industry has made me realise I do have other options and there are different points of view out there-not every Dr will get on with every patient!

Very thought-provoking and inspirational post, thank you!

Good luck xx
  • Well done Hun.

I was pretty lucky my dr was great did 21 day bloods nothing, I already knew I have PCOS so she refered me pretty much straight away! I did pretty much tell her I want to b refered!!

Hubby did his bit all ok, I went for an appt ( hubby couldn't come! ) answered a few questions and she prescribed proversa to bring on AF which I finished on weds and Clomid to take 2-6 of my cycle!! Fingers crossed it works!!!

Good lucky lovely, baby dust to all x x
  • Hey sweetie. I am so pleased to read this (but also mega p*ssed off with the doc who has been dismissing you!!!). It's fab that this Dr wants to help and is almost starting from scratch again. Keep us posted! xxxxxxx
  • Getting the right dr makes all the difference! Just think last year at almost the same time I was sat in tears in the surgery cos some old bat said that she cannot and would not help as my dear you have two children go away!!!

KC, You are so funny I knew you would read this it is great news isn't it, how are you feeling you must be so excited xxx
  • :lol: I get around, don't I?! It's FAB news! There are drugs that can be used to treat PCOS, aren't there?

I'm good thanks. Very excited but M keeps me busy! xxx
  • It's lovely to have you around KC, we go along way back don't we, my hubby gets his results this week and I always think of you as showing how as long as there is one little sperm then it can work!

I will keep you updated on it all and yes there are drugs that can be used and we are allowed to have them, it's just a shame it has taken so long to get here!

Still our time may be just around the corner!!

And I have to say M is so beautiful x
  • Aw, you are so sweet. I think about you often and hope that it will just happen like it did for us even though we'd been told no way, no how. I wouldn't let the SA results influnce your positivity too much if they are low. Our consultant said they tend to be on the low side as the method of retrieval, although the best they can do, is still unreliable and not an accurate reflection of what's going on. Having said that, let's keep our fingers crossed they are sky high! image

Lots and lots of love,

K x
  • Well hubby's results are in.....

Hubby took the details over the phone and didn't take note of what each bit was can anyone tell me what they check for?

He said that everything was at nearly at 90% except for motility which was at 10%, I can only guess that is not great.....hubby has to repeat them in three weeks....

The good news is that the Dr has referred us now and is not bothering to do my scan first!

It is soo good to finally have been referred, and in all honesty it is good that we have finally checked hubby's sperm as that could have been much worse....

As the dr says he only needs one but if it has not egg to reach then.....

So now it's waiting game to get our appointment, I just hope it's soon lol but hey after nearly six years whats a few more weeks!!

Will keep you all updated xxx