Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Finally light at the end of a long tunnel

For the first time in a very long while I am feeling very upbeat today about TTC. I'm just approaching the 2 and a half years mark of TTC and have had all the tests done now to include a recent HSG which came back normal. DH's SA was a bit weird as he had well over the 'normal' count, but the motility was below the norm. Anyway, because I had a proven pregnancy in March 2008 which ended in MC, the Dr's kept telling us that we could obviously conceive and we would have to TTC for 3 years from the MC before we would be entitled to NHS assistance. So I had resigned myself to another year of disappointment. BUT, I got a letter from my consultant yesterday saying that if we have not conceived by September 2011, we are eligible to have assisted conception and will be able to meet with him to discuss our options. I want to scream from the roof tops with joy. I finally feel like a long battle is out of the way and we are finally going to get help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a natural BFP before September, but if not, I know we have finally been taken seriously. I WILL get that much wanted baby, even if it is a longer and harder journey than I could have ever imagined.

Replies

• Really glad you are feeling so positive. These boosts really help. All the best with getting the BFP before September.