Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Advice

Hi girls i could do with a bit of advice. My doctor sent me for some blood tests as he thought i may have PCOS they have come back all clear and my doctor kind just said there nothing much more he can do and that we just have to keep trying. I was just wondering what else could i ask him to do for me. We have been trying for two years.

Replies

• HI HUNNIBEE

i just been reading your thread, sometimes doctors dont realise how emotional this is for us TTC!!!...

has ur oh had any spermy tests done yet>? that has to be ruled out, my hubby sperm has very low motility meaning they dont swim much, we are got our 1st appt with fertility clinic on monday, they do more investigations scans, check ur tubes and do tests on oh too...if your not getting much joy with your doc u can always see another one...some people it just takes ages but i really think to put your mind at rest is pursue with docs bit more, i know i would good luck! xxx image
  • hi

go back and ask for a sperm analysis and a referral to a fertility clinic. After 2 years these should be done as matter of course x
  • Hiya,

That was kind of my experience with the first doctor I was seeing, she just wouldn't refer me to the fertility clinic despite the fact that I had been trying for two years. I also have PCOS so I expected her to know that I would have had more problems TTC anyway.

I asked to see a different doc at my surgery and he was much more sympathetic and kinder. He did some blood tests and then immediately referred me to the clinic.

If you are not happy with the service you get from your GP, my advice is to start kicking up a fuss as it can get very frustrating.

As you have PCOS you may also have blocked tubes, are you in pain at all when you ov or are on your period? I get terrible pains so that also helped, as the doc was keen to find out whether there was also something else wrong.

I hope this helps. Good luck! xx