Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Long absence...

Hi Ladies

It's been along time since I posted on here as I just needed to take a break from it all and now I feel abit cheeky coming on fro advice...

I need to loose lots of weight to improve my chances of conceiving and so far have lost 2 and a half stone. The problem I now have is the more weight I loose the longer my period is. More recently my period lasted 35 days with the last 7 days being really light and brownish. I was extra light on Friday but then started bleeding again on Sat.

My periods are also really light - any help?????

Replies

• Options
    Hi Blue,

Its just a guess and I could be totally wrong, but I'm thinking that as you are losing weight, perhaps your body is confused and once you reach your goal weight and plateau, it might just re-allign itself?

Just a thought??

How much have you got to lose, if you don't mind me asking? I had 11kg (just under 2 stone) to lose and have lost 2kg (4.4lbs). Its a real struggle!

And believe me, I kno how frustrating long periods are-I had one that lasted 3 months once!!
  • Options
    Hi Windy

Unfortunately I have about 8 stone to loose image

Am going to the Doc's on Fri to ask for a referral back to the hospital just in case there something else going on. Not going back to the hospital I went to originally though the Consultant was awful image