Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Any ltttc cycle buddies out there??

Hi all,

Just finished af (first one in 6 months, so very excited about this!!) and I'm on cd8 today. Starting ov tests on cd10 (wed 2nd) and hoping for af or bfp on 20th. To be honest, bfp ould be amazing, but just to know my cycles are sorting themselves out without any medical interference would be nice!!!

Anyone else at around the same point, either naturally, or with clomid etc???

xxx

Replies

• Hey

Im not quite a cycle buddy as I am on CD 35, but my periods are so all over the place that even if I started the same as you after a month goodness knows where I would be!

So far have had an 76 and a 82 day cycle - hoping that this one might be a bit more normal!! But then again no sign of AF coming any time soon!

This was the first month of using Agnus Castus so Im really hoping to become vaguely normal!! Have you thought about using it?

Also my first month of using OV tests - I 'think' I got a positive 2 days ago - helpfully when I was away with work for a week!!

xx
  • I know exactly where you're coming from IWAB! My cycles were 35 days before m/c in Sept 09, but they gradually crept up every "month", until af virtually disapeared! But you're welcome to join me!

I've heard of agnus castus-is that supposed to be a sort-of natural clomid-type thing?

Congrats on the ov test positive-that sort of thing is really exciting for us, isn't it???!!! I took pictures of mine and sent them to DH!!!
  • Hi. So sorry to hear about your loss.

I think because my body is generally behaving so strangely that I daren't believe that it was a positive opk- otherwise i will be totally gutted if my period doesn't come in 2 weeks! Just wish I could feel like I had a fighting chance like the girls in ttc.

Yep- agnus castus is supposed to regulate cycles. My first month of trying it though so fingers crossed. How about you? Are you trying anything different to improve your chances?
  • Not a cycle buddy I'm afraid. Expecting AF to show up any day now. That said - that means I almost have had a normal cycle for two months on the trot. Maybe we should name ourselves - unpredictable cycle buddies image
  • Hi Windy, I'm CD8 also. I have opposite problem, my cycles are v short, last was shortest ever...19 days.

Maybe I'll look into agnus castus if consultant doesn't prescribe clomid on thurs. So nervous!
  • Jeeze, 19 day cycles-thats gotta be worse than stupidly long cycles!! That means you must spend half your time suffering af, or pms???

Munchie- I love that idea- we're the irregular cycle buddies!!!

I keep away from the ttc forums now-a-days, as its too depressing seeing all the moans about being on 2nd, 3rd or 4th months of ttc with no success. If you include the 2 wonderful months I had of pregnancy, its now 26 months of ttc!

And guess what? At cd8, I actually did a pg test today-just incase it was a bleed and not af!! Crazy crazy!
  • Oh, sorry, IWAB, I am continuing with evening primrose this month until I get positive opk, but up-ing to 1000mg per day instead of 500mg. I'm hoping it was that which helped me ov last cycle. I'm going to try that system (can't remember what its called) of every-other day from day 10, then every day for 3 days from when you get positive opk, then every other day (I think). Something like that anyway!!! You also have to lift your legs up for 10-30 mins after bding, so we shall be practising getting that bit done with least leakage! (sorry tmi!)
  • I have completely failed this cycle (going to stop calling it a month) with the whole evening primrose oil. Will start on that again next cycle.

So know what you mean about ttc forum. It's the ones where they complain of cramps and then two days later have their BFP! Man, if my cramps meant BFPs I'd have had a ridiculous number of sprogs by now!!! :lol:

Awkward convo at work today. One member of management is trying to persuade me to chase after promotion etc. How do you explain that you're really reluctant because you're ttc but at the same time you need to keep your career going just in case?You feel so false - false with them because you appear to want the promotion and false with yourself because you know that things are not as straight forward as they are for others! Very tricky.

AF has not yet showed up - grrr!!! Think I may have been fooling myself into a normal pattern there! image