Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Irregular LTTC Cycle buddies!!

Replies

• Much better week this week. All slightly more straight forward. Been hitting the gym and that is making me feel different if anything! Still waiting for dear AF. Hoping she'll show up this weekend just so I can begin to see a pattern - maybe perhaps!!!

How are you lovely Irregular LTTC buddies image
  • I had a bit of a low few days, wondering if I even wanted this or not, but we're back at it now-literally! Ate vast quantities of soya this week, so hoping that might kick my oestrogen/LH into touch!

xx
  • Hey girls. Sorry I haven't been on much recently- been totally manic at work. Well this morning I woke to af. Sad but happy at the sane time!! Means my cycle has reduced from 80 odd days to 46- the shortest I have ever had!! Think it must have been the agnus castus- and I only took it for 7 days. So this time going to take it every day up to ov and see what happens!! Have you got plans for the weekend? I have a job interview on tues so have to prepare my presentation. Not fun!!
  • Hey - how did the job interview go? Hope it went well.

Looks like AF is about to show up. That has put me from a 8/9 month wait to a 46 day wait. I didn't bother with anything other than metformin this month. Will get back into Evening Primrose and see if that helps things speed up further.

Am so glad she's here. Had begun to get really antsy because she wasn't and tests were BFN.
  • It went ok thanks! Was the third round of interviews but thankfully all over now! Wait to find out on Thursday. That's good news about the af- lovely to feel vaguely normal isn't it!! What does the evening primrose do?
  • I'm taking evening primrose too-it really helps with cm and I thought it helped with cycles last month, but doesn't seem to be doing anything this cycle. I'm on day 22 (I think!) and my LH was rising, but has now disappeared again.

I'm going to look into agnus castus if I don't have any success this cycle.

My Caribbean job fell through, so I'm re-planning my life again. But now I seem back to the normal ttc milarky. I hope that means my hormones are doing something! I cried my eyes out at One Born Every Minute on 4OD last night and was googling genetics for hair colour, when I couldn't sleep! so I reckon my body is telling me something!

Hope all you guys are well, great news about the 47 day cycle, Munchie, and I hope its good news about the job for IWAB!
  • I've been wondering about Angus Castus myself. Am not sure I can take it alongside the metformin. Will have to ask the dr.

Glad the interview went well.

Shame about the carribbean Windy :roll:
  • Ok - how sad am I!? This weekend I printed out a calendar of the year - plotted on it my last two periods and have then worked out the possible time for when she shows up again. Gives me an idea when we need to be getting busy with it! DH thinks it is quite funny - at least he is on board with the master plan so to speak!
  • Hi Ladies, i havent been on here for so long now because most ladies have had 3 afs before ive even had one and it just gets me down! Im 44 now and for the last year my afs have been all over the place, 70,60+, 30 or 40+ days so its impossible to try and work out ov. I had even given up using ov kits because i was just using so many.

Ive decided to give myself the rest of this year to try then thats it.

I do feel very guilty for wanting another baby as i do already have 5 wonderful children and there are so many ladies struggling to have just one but the overpowering urge just consumes my every waking moment.

Im sorry for going on, suppose ive just kept it all to myself for so long it had to come out eventually! xx
  • Hi Debbie.

If I am totally honest I find it hard to understand your situation. That said, I do understand the frustrations of unpredictable AF cycles and how it messes with our minds. Have you tried any of the natural remedies to help things along? image
  • Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing ok. I've been taking a break from BE for a while, trying not to get too obsessed and had bit of a blip (won't go into it on here). But then on Saturday, completely unexpected, I got another af- my 2nd natural one in 7 months and only 39 days after the last one! 39!! Thats almost a normal cycle. Its a bit frustrating, as it means I was oving while away on a scout camp without hubby there (not to mention the inappropriate setting!) I feel like my body is plotting against me sometimes!

I've managed to lose about 10lbs, so whether that is helping push my body into action, I just don't know!

It looks like its been pretty quiet on here lately anyway. I hope you're just all busy baby-dancing!!
  • Hey Windy - totally understand the need for a break!

Great news about AF and the weight loss image

I am doing good - hitting the gym lots, swimming, being active (the house is so much tidier than it would normally be) and generally trying to do the right thing.

Experiencing an increase of lower abdominal pain these last few weeks. If it continues I will have to go and see the doctor again. It isn't immobilising but it isn't great either.

Bro announced their second pregnancy yesterday, 6th niece/nephew for me. Am so excited for them and thrilled that I am excited and not upset!!! It is good news :lol:
  • Hi girls. Well it's quarter to twelve on a fri eve and I am on the train coming back from a hen party and a bit drunk!! Sorry I haven't been posting much recently- like windy it has all been getting a bit much for me recently and I have been staying away for my own sanity!! On the plus side I got the job which is good because it gives me something else to concentrate on!! Will it ever happen for us? Seems so unfair when we have been waiting for so long and want it so much x
  • It'll happen! Probably when we least expect it, and we will love those little bumps more than anything in the world!

I'm in a rare positive mode! Though goodness knows why! I am hopeful of oving in next few days. Fingers crossed!
  • Hey Windy. I'm really positive at the moment too. Wondering if it is the impact of all the sunshine! It the school holidays too so that always helps! Have scheduled a couple of work days in but after that I am relaxing all the way. Is so nice being at home!

Have spotted three different jobs that I really like the look of. Haven't even mentioned them to the husband. image
  • Hey ladies - having one of those really frustrating irregular moments! Thought I was due on on Monday - is now Friday - two tests - both BFNs. So annoying - it plays with the old mind so much. Have submitted an application for a Deputy headship - have no idea if that is the right move at all!!! GRRRRRR
  • Oooh good luck munchie. I start my new job on Monday. Still with the same company but I figured that I couldn't put my life on hold. I'm just so fed up of the ttc thing now to be honest. Cd 59 and no sign of af plus almost put on over a stone since I came off the pill and can't seem to stop it. I was quite slim before but it is really starting to get me down. How are we meant to stay positive?? Can't even go on trying for a baby any more as have to stop myself posting something scathing to the two months and no bfp wingers!!! Sorry I'm being a horrible person today! Doesn't help that we live next to a village hall which is having a baby and toddler sale today - I'm trying to stay away from the windows so that I don't see them all walking past!!!
  • Thanks chick. Totally know what you mean about trying for a baby - 'after four months and finally pregnant' grated the most! I did comment on there how quick that actually is!!! I think those that just sneeze and are pregnant really don't understand how it is for others.

My weight is a nightmare as well - the gym is helping, swimming too but I could do with a boot camp!!! I need to lose a good two stone, if not more - boo. Weight loss is as dull as anything!!!!

We all have our own trigger points as to what we find really difficult. I have worked really hard to keep it all 'in perspective' although this application for the deputy headship has thrown me completely. All the what ifs - but I am what iffing over something I have no control over at all so it is a pointless exercise.

All the best for your first day tomorrow - at least it is in the same company.

As for AF - where the dickens is she?!!? She needs a severe talking to - she doesn't treat everyone the same! :roll:
  • Oh - interesting convo at work this week. Colleague confides in me that she stopped taking the pill last month - unfortunately had a very difficult month with her marriage - things all got back on track. Now her period is a week late. I gently pointed out to her that our bodies can take time to get back into the swing of things once we stop taking the pill. If she tells me she's pregnant next week it is going to take a HUGE HEAP of self control to react appropriately. Thank goodness I am a professional!!! image
  • Hey guys,

We're all a bit up and down recently, aren't we? Don't you just LOVE hormones!!

I hope you don't need to use your self-control, Munchie (is it harsh against your work-colleague? I just think it would be fairer if it took other people a bit longer to get pregnant-make them appreciate what we go through!)

IWAB, I hope your new job is going well!

I am still having the occasional pang of doubt about my ability to be a mother. Not necessariy if I'd be a good mother, just all this heartache makes you look at your life and wonder if there's more to it than just reproducing?

On the flip side, we had our follow-up appt today and I've been put on clomid. I've been given provera to induce af, then can start on 100mg. With follicle tracking. I feel like I should be happier???

It doesn't help that they informed me TODAY that I had a raised Chlamydia titre in June. They said I would have had a letter about it, but I have never received one and it hasn't been mentioned in any of my previous appointments (2 since June). So they have booked me in for a lap & dye in 4 months, if clomid hasn't worked by then. Thats a bit of a bolt out of the blue. Makes me think that they have the wrong record,as I can't imagine why no-one has mentioned that slightly important bit of information before??? Dr just said "Well, you were sent a letter in June".