Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Irregular LTTC Cycle buddies!!

13»

Replies

• Hey Windy - how's you?

I decided to pull out of the job interview. The more we thought about it the more stupid an idea it became. Bearing in mind that senior management within education is up there in the top three of most stressful jobs, add to that that it is only 18 months until I hit 35 plus the need to lose weight. It just wasn't the time to take that step into the unknown.

Still waiting for AF. Can only figure that it was my mistake to take a week's break from the pills. Have set myself back completely. If my hunch is right then AF is another 3 weeks away yet.

Am just going to focus on losing weight - that has to be my number one goal. Not only for the sake of hoping for a BFP but for my own self-esteem as well! Think I am going to aim to lose a stone and then ask the dr for clomid - she has said she'll give me three months worth.

Colleague was not pregnant - phew!!!
  • Hi Guys,

I'd have to agree with you on the job application, munchie. Stress can be a major factor- and I'm sure it didn't help with my m/c too. IF I ever get pregnant again, I am going to relax my socks off!!

I am totally lost as to where I am in m cycle right now. I was given provera in order to induce af & start clomid. I was expecting af anyway, so I only took 6 days of provera, but still awaiting af and now have had a positive opk!!! What??!! So really really confused as to what I should do! Should I start provera again, or would that be dodgy so close to potential ovulation- but then, why would I ovulate days after taking progesterone (provera)??!!

Bod, could ou pls give me a hint as to what ou are up to?!
  • Can i join you ladies?

I'm ttc baby number 2. I also have irregular cycles though i thought they'd calmed down since having my son, but apparently not.

I'm currently on day 45 of cycle and my cycles have ranged from 30-53 days (that i know of, don't always record them).
  • Thanks for saying you agree on the job front Windy. If I am honest, I have felt a bit of a wally for pulling out. Especially as they didn't appoint - the candidate they wanted pulled out - hmmm - wonder who that may have been! Really big compliment but it doesn't change where my priorities need to be. I'd kick myself if I didn't give this all the best possible shot.

What's your bod up to now? I am STILL waiting for AF. Thought metformin was working a trick - now I am not so sure. Due to see the dr in early July so will be patient until then. Par for the course really!!!

Welcome Lemonpops. Congrats on managing the whole thing once round. Shame you're finding the second go so frustrating. Why can't we be those women who just sneeze and find that they're pregnant!!!! :lol:
  • Well, Munchie, life isn't over when you do have a family, so maybe the promotion will be available again???

I had a surprise af- on cd 2 and just taken my 1st clomid. I'm trying not to be too excited, as I can see myself getting very disappointed if it doesn't work! But I know I won't listen to my sensible head and we're already calling them "baby tablets"!

Welcome Lemonpops-you're in the right place for those 30-53 day cycles! Although my last 3 have been 38-40 days- whoooo!!
  • Glad to hear that AF is beginning to play fair for you.

Interesting what you say about Clomid. I am wondering whether to ask for that when I next see the doctor. The thought petrifies me. A bit of what you're saying really. Are they going to work? Do I want them to work (I know that sounds silly)? What if they don't work? Mind you - they won't let me have them until hubby gets tested. So, that will be the next conversation for us to have.

Someone just posted some pics of me on facebook - I so need to lose weight!!! image
  • Tell me about it, Munchie! Someone took a horrid picture of my back while getting changed (not on fb!) and I was horrified!! I have a fat back! Its disgusting! God knows how bad I looked before losing a stone, but I still have another 2 stone to go, really.

Just booked my scan for follicle tracking. Excited! There are lots of good reports for clomid, although it seems to work more consistantly for those without other problems, such as pcos. But I'm still hopeful!

xx
  • Hi can I join you?

I got pg first month off the pill back in august but had a mc. Cycles have been 34-60+ days since and it's getting me down. Thought they were becoming normal when I had a 34 day cycle but next month was 43!

Am in the ttc forum which is great but so many people are getting their bfp's quickly it's becoming hard to be happy for them! (that makes me an awful person doesn't it).

Me and hubby are going away travelling in a few weeks which we booked hoping sods law would step in and I'd be pg - not happened. Am very lucky to be going away but still a hole in my tummy. Not helped by my 14 friends who are all having or had babies in 2011!!
  • Hey Sue - come and join us! We totally understand where you're at. I sometimes feel like jumping up and down to jig my ovaries into action!!! We also totally get the BFP thang. It is much safer here, if you know what I mean.

Travelling sounds wonderful - a complete break image
  • Follicle tracking Windy - that sounds serious image Glad that they're doing things to help you image
  • Thanks Munchie! x
  • Thanks for welcoming me. It's so nice to have somewhere to come and talk about these things and with people that understand.

Me and OH will be offically trying once AF turns up. Day 48 and no sign yet :? so i guess i shouldn't be worrying before the fact, so to speak. But if we are trying for ages is there medication that can help regulate things?

I've just noticed that this thread is in the long term ttc section. Sorry. I just searched for irregular periods and it came up.
  • Welcome Sue! Sorry to hear about your m/c. I avoid trying for a baby totally now. I sometimes pop over to pregnancy after infertility to get myself some pma, though!

Lemonpops, don't worry, you're still in the irregular cycles group! I felt like a bit of a fraud when I first joined up, as we'd only been trying for 9 months, then I got pregnant, bt had m/c, so we hadn't really been trying in total for that long. Unfortunately, I feel totally at home now!! 2 1/2 yrs. Yay!
  • Hey ladies - am really struggling at the moment. Still no AF - three BFN's and one very fed up me. Why it won't just happen I don't know? Can't see the positives right now - just a huge sense of dread that it will never happen. image
  • Awww, Munchie, what cd are you? Or have you given up counting, its so bad?! Have you tried reflexology? Faye, on the clomid thread had success with it- either that, or it was a total coincidence!

I remember the days when I didn't have af for 6 months and loved it!! Now I'm this baby-crazed loony!!
  • Three months - haven't counted the exact days. Really thought I was falling into a proper routine. People moan about the two week wait - that agony seems to hit about every two weeks!!! Am really bloated today so can only hope that means she'll show up soon but then again...

I definitely need to find something that really helps me relax. Hanging out in the garden does, pulling up the weeds etc. Need to look into reflexology etc. Am due to see the doctor in early July so am trying to be patient until then. Even started to think adoption etc but think I am being a touch over dramatic - not that adoption is over dramatic - more that I have an over active imagination as to where I will end up with my own baby making abilities. If that makes sense!!

Hubby is being amazing about the whole thing so that is great. Wish I could have his calm about it all image

How are you doing atm?
  • Hi girls. Sorry I haven't been around for a bit- keep trying to distract myself but always end up back on here!! Nice to see all the new faces - though at the same time it's sad thinking about how many other people are stuck with frustrating bodies!!

I know how you feel munchie- I am also on three months and counting since last af. So so frustrating isn't it!! I'm just back from Egypt for 10 days which was lovely- but finding it harder to keep my mind away from babies! Off to the docs on tues and gonna really stamp my feet! I don't care what she says anymore- this is not normal!! Any tips about what I should ask for?

Good news about the clomid windy- fingers crossed it's your turn now. Heard such good things about it.