Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

happy ending

Hi all,

Just thought I would share my story with you as reading about happy stories always made me feel better about my circumstances and gave me hope.

After over two years of TTC with no joy, I found out yesterday that I am pregnant. Its very early days as I am only 4 weeks and the docs dont want me to get too excited just yet as 'anything can happen' especially since I am experiencing severe pain in my back and lower abdomen and apparently the foetus is lodged a bit too far down from where it should be, but I still cannot stop crying and feel incredibly overwhelmed (IN A GOOD WAY!) by it all.

The reason I wanted to share this with you is because I have PCOS and had been trying to get pregnant for years.

This month however I didn't bother planning when to have intercourse etc because I was so excited that I would be starting clomid on my next AF that that was all I could think about. We also had guests a couple of times so very little time to ourselves and ended up having sex only twice, at very random times.

I didn't think anything of it until i started to have really bad cramps and period like pain and started to get impatient because my AF was late and couldn't start on clomid!

Ended up seeing the gynaecologist on call because my pain was so bad that they thought I may have had an erupted cyst (due to my PCOS), little did I know I was already pregnant! When the doctor told me I just couldn't believe it and the doctor must have thought i was really upset about it because I couldn't stop crying!!! Obviously they were tears of joy!!

I dont know how this is going to turn out and I dont want to get too excited as very scared I may have a MC, however I am pregnant and will keep positive as much as I can and hopefully my story will give hope to women like me who had started to lose hope.

All the best to all of you, I really hope that you all experience this amazing feeling very soon.

Mxxxx

Replies

• Thank you MI5!

I had a tear in my eye reading that, as I know I will be just the same if/when I ever get my BFP. I hope we're all there someday soon

xx
  • I definitly love happy endings image

I pray that its a sticky baby for you and you have a h&h 9 months!

ConGraaaTsss imageimageimage
  • thank you girls. I really hope all goes well for you. xxx
  • Here's to a very sticky bean in exactly the right place for it to thrive image
  • That's brill Hun

Lovely news, congratulations x x
  • What a lovely story! Congraulations and here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy x
  • Thank you so much!! I really hope it's a sticky baby! It's crazy but I am talking to IT every day asking IT to stick and in return I promise IT that he will never regret it!

PS: I think this pregnancy has made me a bit bonkers!!