Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Our Appointment Is Booked....

Just an update that our appointment is booked fot April 21st so not too long to wait!

I can't believe we finally have an appointment to see what is going on and what can be done - if anything!!!

I keep waiting for them to say you have two children go away!!

Well fingers crossed that over the next few months I can have some good news - it has been a very long time coming!!!

Has anyone been referred to Kings Lynn at all and what was it like?

Will keep you updated xxxxx

Replies

• Did you have to wait long for your appointment? I don't live in the same area but I suppose most clinics would have the same kind of system for bookings. I think I'm just being impatient my GP only said he was referring us on friday... The journey hasn't really started and I'm already a mess :roll:
  • hiya ladies im in same boat! we have our fertility clinic appt in two weeks and i cant wait to get the ball rolling and investigate whats going on as my GP is not very good with this kinda thing!

It has taken around a month or so to recieve our clinic letter.

We have been TTC for two and a half years so am ready for some answers, SA results were good and ive had bloods to show im ovulating so whats going on?!?!

hehe am praying for any answers xxx
  • Morning ladies, Im the same as you dummy_mummy with the results and I think that makes it more fustrating. I'm getting very annoyed with my fertility clinic aswell as they have cancelled on us 3 times now so starting to get very upset with it all. Would love to have the money to go private but even then I don't know how much that would cost.

Hope every one gets the answers and help they need

• Me and my OH have been ttc for around a year and a half (offically... we've never been careful and just thought we were lucky that we never got pregnant in the 10 years! imageopsimage our GP was really good and arranged my bloods and the sa more or less straight away. My result was good but as for OH (he's calling himself a jaffa) no sperm in the sample :cry: we were both shocked didn't even know this could happen until then. The doctor advised not having hot baths or wearing tight undies... yes I'd heard of this to improve the little swimmers but how will this help if there is none at all :? I've done some researching and there is things the clinics can do for him/us I'm just dreading getting more tests and then finding out I've got something wrong with me (the ovulation test is just the starting point) I'm 29 OH is 31 so we've got a little time but when I want something I want it now... and all I want is an appointment letter image

Steph I've read that private costs can vary depending on what you need and where you go some cycles can cost up to ??8000 :roll: most nhs will only fund 1 attempt too. Hope you get your appointment soon.

dummy mummy hope you get the answers at yours
  • Fab news! I'll be waiting for your update, my lovely! x
  • think thats all we ever want is answers to why as a healthy young couple- we cant do/have the most natural thing in the world. Its so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks for all the replys!

My appoint has come through really quickly, I finished all the tests just over a week ago and then the letter came to book on Saturday!

We have two girls, my oldest is not hubby's she is 14 and our littley is nearly 6, we have been trying since she was born and had a mc just over two years ago.

Our appoint is a long time coming as we have been told to go away so many times, we are not entilted to be seen etc, well a new dr came to our surgery and I was in talking about my migranes and mentioned it, she asked more I burst into tears and explained the whole story and she said that we can have tests but not IVF etc....

Well after the tests seems I'm not ovulating and hubby's result was mixed he had very high amounts of everything but a low amount that swims!

Well now at least we are going to see if we can get the help we have waited for!

Dummy,it must be hard to be told there seems no reason why it isn't happening its all so frustrating!

Wibble,that must have been a shock, I hated waited fr hubby's results too, I've heard vitamin C is good to help with sperm, I'm making hubby take it everyday, I'm not sure it would help in your case but if the dr says things about the hot baths etc you never know!

Steph, I hope that don't cancel us I just want to get on with it now!!! Hopefully they won't cancle you again!

Let me know how you all get on xxxxx

KC, I am so excited maybe just maybe our time is coming xxxxx