Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

14 years and no baby

Hi,

I'm new to the site and hope someone will be able to help with some advice. I've been married for 14 years this month and have been trying for a baby for the best part of that time. Apparently blood tests now are potentially showing that I'm not ovulating (still getting more bloods done).

Can anyone advise on how I can improve my fertility levels and chances of miraculously falling pregnant? I do have an underactive thyroid, anaemia and Vitamin D deficiency but have been on treatments for these for a while. I would class myself as relatively fit and healthy - I'm 34 but feel like time's running out fast.

Please can someone give me and my husband any and as many tips. I've heard Agnus Castus is good for ovulation? and Evening Primrose Oil? I thought they were only for PMS?

Looking forward to some advice.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi and wow, can't believe you've been trying on and off for 14 years.... (I can't imaging being married at 20!!!)

I would definitely get all your blood tests back and get your hubby checked out as well.

Have you tried using ovulation predictor tests?

Alison xx

PS 34 is still young as long as you've got a good egg reserve.
  • Options
    Hi,

First of all I am so sorry that you have been trying so long. It must be heartbreaking.

I imagiine if you've been trying for 14 years you will have had all the tests?

If not, then have you been scanned/testd for PCOS. When I realised I wasn't ovulating (thanks to a CBFM) I went to the dr, got diagnosed with PCOS, put on metformin which then made me ovulate. It worked and I not have an adorable 19 month old. So if the problem is not ovulating then there is hope - clomid can also encourage ovulation.

Have your doctors discussed your options - IVF etc? You would think you must qualify after trying for 14 years?

Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Hi Hun, if your not ovulating then surely they would be putting you on ovulating inducing drugs ?? I had clomid, I wasn't ovulating due to pcos, good luck xxx
  • Options
    that is so sad you still have the hope .
  • Options
    Hi hon,

I'm so sorry you've had to go through 14 yrs of this. I'm struggling with 27 months of ttc unsuccessfully!

I would recommend evening primrose, as I had no cycle for 8 months and was told I wasn't ovulating (pcos), but after taking it, I have had 2 "almost-normal" cycles! I don't know if it was a coincidence, as I also lost some weight, but it doesn't hurt. I read that you should take 500mg, but 250mg seemed to suit me better and you only take it from day 1 of cycle unti ovulation, as it can cause muscle contraction.

Hopefully, you'll be getting some help soon and its straight forward for you xx
  • Options
    PS there is a long-term trying to concieve thread too-if you want to join us? We're a bit thin on the ground sometimes!