Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I know some people don't understand but...

... when my friend (who knows all about our problems) asked me today if I was "still enjoying practising" (for a baby) I wanted to scream! Yes, that's right, after 27 months ttc and not a whiff of a BFP I am just loving all this bd'ing! Honestly, I've forgotten what it's like to just have sex for fun. I really wish people could be just a tiny bit sensitive to our fertility problems. :x

Rant over, sorry girls. And breathe...!

Replies

• We understand!!!

I do think if you have never been through this long and tortuous journey (sorry that word!) then you cant even begin to understand. Its almost as bad as those people who say "just relax!!!" GGGGGRRRRRRR

Also your friends' statement implies that it is us who are doing something wrong! I dont know about you but I think after all this time we have got the hang of the whole sex thing!!!!

Rant away!!

xx
  • ha oh no what you mean. . Now i no don't matter how much we bd they still gonna be no babies lol. .

Its like you gotta try and remember to have sex now lol

if i get baby im gonna be so relieved lol im sick of this ovulation chart on my phone checking for signs pregnancy tests reading others bfp. . Argh someone through me a life line! Lol x x
  • I had a great one the other day. Had AF turn up unexpectantly and was pleased that I'm cycling, but annoyed that I had somehow managed to miss my ov! A friend asked me "shouldn't you be taking you temperature or doing tests or something so you know??!!" Hmmm, yes, I've been trying for a baby for 27 months, I wee in a pot almost every day, constantly ov-symptom spot and have a thermometer next to my bed. I'm sorry if you think I should be trying harder, but with cycles between 39 and 90 days long, it gets a little tricky to pin-point ovulation!!!
  • I loved that, I had "do you know you have to bd when you ov!" I tracked my cycle that much I could pi point when the bloody egg dropped and it made no difference!

We have forgotten what a normal sex life is and frankly it's a bit of a relief not have to perform on demand xx