Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A success story

I dont post very regularly on these forums, only on occassions. But I understand all too well just how hard battling with infertility can be. I just thought i would tell you my story.....

We started ttc and believed it would happen reasonably quickly (as you do!) But after a year nothing had happened so we went to our gp who took bloods which were fine, organised a SA which was also fine.

We were then referred to an infertility clinic where they repeated what the gp had already done and got the same results.

I then had a HSG, which showed my right fallopian tube was blocked. The consultant explained the next step was IVF. I was quite surprised at this!

We went ahead with the IVF, the daily injections, internal scans and the waiting. It was sooo hard. We got a grade 1 embryo, (the best!!) and i looked after it and me for the 2 weeks. Unfortunately the IVF failed and i think that was the hardest BFN i have ever seen. I wanted to try again straight away but in the end we waited a while and decided to get a second opinion. I went privately to see a gynaecologist who was surprised i had not been sent for a lap and dye. We then went on holiday and on return I had an ultra sound and a lap and dye. (In this time numerous people had fallen pregnant including my two best friends which i found really difficult to deal with.) We then went on another holiday (!!) When we got back the consultant told us that my tubes were fine, there were no blockages and we had 'unexplained infertility'. I was very worried that was it, but luckily he wanted to trial Clomid and afer the first month of clomid we got our positive pregnancy test!! We couldnt believe it!! After 3 years of trying we've finally done it!! I am now 33 weeks pregnant and still cant quite believe we've actually done it!! I dont believe all this crap of 'relax and it'll happen' if it was that easy infertility clinics wouldnt exist. My only advice is that you should all be proud of yourselves because what you are going through is heartbreaking but try to keep in mind that one day it WILL happen and it will make it all the more special after what youve been through. I hope this helps you see that it can and will happen. Any questions you may have i'll try and answer, i'm no expert but have been through it.

Tink. image

Replies

• aaahhh tink your story is so inspirational. thanks for sharing hun and congratulations to you. not long to go now. bet you can't wait to meet your little one now.

i'm on my first cycle of clomid and hoping it works. had all tests, lap n dye (with endometreosis found n treated) n never had a bfp yet and we're 2 1/2 yrs ttc now

had my 10 day scan on monday n got one fat follie in there mesuring at 18mm and had an injection too to make sure i ov. me n hubbie have been frantically bd'ing al week in hope that it works. think i've tired him out tho, he had to go to bed at 9.30 tonight through tiredness hahaha! i was all ready to bd again. pfffft!

again thanks for sharing your story. it does help us ladies out know that clomid might just work

han xxxxx
  • Thank you Tink, its always sooooo lovely to hear about the success stories. Makes me realise it does happen eventually.

Congratulations hunny and not long now and youl have your little bubba with you

xxxxxxxxx
  • aw tink I'm never on here any more but congrats to you chick xx also on teh positive stories me and the oh were put forward for ICSI after 18 months of trying and 2 SA's form him showing 1% morph but htat month we fell pg naturally and now have a little miracle aged 1!!!!!