Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Have had a rough few months

Hi everyone,

Just popped in to say hello. Haven't been on here for a while. I hope all of you are okay.

You may not remember I had a lap and dye in November, got rubbish results back in December and was sent away telling me that nothing could be done for me. I referred myself to another consultant and he said he could help me so I was referred for more surgery. The NHS couldn't fund me so we decided to go private. I was supposed to have surgery on 17th March but it got cancelled the night before due to staff shortages. I then rearranged to have surgery today but that got cancelled last week. This all private!

I was okay for a while and I just telling myself that it will happen but today I just want to go to bed and wake up when everything is sorted. Sounds dramatic I know but i'm so fed up of pretending I am okay. I don;t feel like I have a right to moan though because there are people are really are suffering.

I have no date for when my surgey will be (even though I am private). There is a problem with my consultant and the Portland Hospital in London and it will apprently be resolved in 2 weeks.

So all the above added with worry that the doctor was completely wrong with his diagnoses in November is stressing me out.

Apologies for the rant. I should be in hospital right now waiting to have surgery that was supposed to help me conceive naturally. It was supposed to be an exciting time.

xx

Replies

• hay laura,

bless you hun, you moan away, sometimes that alone can help you feel a little better. so sorry your havin a rough time right now, and especially with you going private, that really sucks.

i'm sending you a huge hug in hope that it makes you feel a bit better and that your not alone.

i'm sick of this whole ttc. never think we'll get there but i'm trying to focus on other things now just to try n stay sane!!!

keep your chin up sweetie and hopefully you'll get a date soon xxxx
  • Aw hunny sorry to hear your feeling poopy totally understand why you do and we all need a good rant every now and then so dont worry about that.

I thought private ment you could get it sorted quickly maybe need to push for more answers and for them to get it sorted asap.

I know how difficult this whole ttc thing is but just think of the end results of a beautiful baby of your own. It will all be a distant memory once you have your little bubba.

Big hugs lovely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks girls! It's amazing what a virtual hugband kind words can do. Xx
  • Hi Laura,

I dont come on here very often but spotted your thread and thought Id reply. Im sorry to hear youve been having a rough time of it at the moment. I went through exactly the same a few months ago as was scheduled to have surgery in Feb to remove my tubes and it was cancelled the weekend before. It took me ages to come to the decision to go ahead with the surgery as it seemed so drastic and final but after reaching the decision to go ahead I was devastated when it got cancelled. You expect there to be delays with the NHS (although it isnt always easy to accept them) but when you are paying for your treatment you dont expect anything to go wrong. I know exactly how you are feeling, Im so fed up of being on this rollercoaster, my whole life is on hold waiting for each step only to be told that we have to wait again!!! You are certainly not alone and please feel free to contact me if you ever need a chat or a moan.

Sending you massive hugs

Lizzy xxx
  • Hi, I'm sorry Laura. It really does knock you for six when things don't go the way you expect them, doesn't it? I hope the next few months are a it more straght-forward!

xx
  • Thanks ladies!

Lizzy - I emailed you ages ago on your personal email. image

xx
  • Hi Laura,

Sorry I didnt get your email :? .It might have gone into my junkfolder by mistake and I must have deleted it, so sorry. Please feel free to email me anytime,I will keep and eye out for it this time so it doesnt slip through the net. Hope you are feeling a little better?

xxxxx