Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

smiley face on clear blue

Hi Ladies i done a clear blue ovulation test yesterday and it shouwed a smiley face what i want to know is will i def ov this month on second round of clomid had slight pains in stomach as well done a cheapy today and got to lines but not as dark as each other

Replies

• ok so i tested again just now no smiley just a circle im devestated take it wont ov this month just really confused thought id get it again today to show i will ov but no its pants and to make it worse all i get from oh is dont et upset we might be lucky next time very frustration with he would just show his feelings to i could do with someone to cry with me at times
  • hey

i don't use clear blue but as far as i'm aware a smiley face means you'll ov so i'd say you should be bd'ing lots now n for next 3 or 4 days!

good luck xx
  • Thats what i thought but didnt get one again today when i tested so i think im out
  • I'm not entirely sure, but I didn't think ov tests worked with clomid??? Too many hormones flying around, I thought?? But if you got a smiley, then it wouldn't necessarily hang around for long-your LH doesn't have to peak for long to make you ovulate. So get bd-ing just incase!!
  • U can get a smiley 1 day then 24 hours later on the next day not get one as when u get a smiley ur due to ov around 12-36 hours later so if u ov 12 hours after ur smiley then the next day u might not get a smiley. It's normal to have a smiley one day and not the next!

So get bding !!

Opks can and do work on Clomid the only thing if u have PCOS the Opk's might not work, but if ur on Clomid n don't have PCOS you should b fine

X x x x
  • Hi,

Try not to be too down hearted, I used those tests for 18 months and never once got a smiley face, but at the same time I was being monitored by the hospital and I was ovulating! I even bought one of those fertility monitors. It's been sat in the bathroom cabinet for a long time, as I don't trust it.

Keep trying, and sending BD!x
  • I spoke to a clear blue person and she explained that once you get your smiley face, if you try again testing to see if it is still there, you are likely to get a 0, because unless the 2nd time you check, your surge has increased from the previous time, it will not give you a smiley face (this does not mean the hormone is not present any more). So basically you cannot find out how long your surge will last or the exact time it started, as the holder will only show you a subsequent smiley face IF the surge has increased further. If you test at same time every day, you will catch your smiley face. You may catch it half way through, at the beginning or near the end but they say you ovulate 24-36 hours after the surge, they give this range because they know you won’t necessarily catch it right at the beginning. And the surge can last shorter or longer in different women. What I would like to know, is is it possible to still have the surge at the time of ovulation? I had very sore ovaries and got the surge…

• HI Ladies,

I got a smiley face on Nov 10th at around 4 pm and my husband and I BD maybe after 8 hrs of the smiley result. When I checked right after the BD and it was just a big circle!!! I am not sure if that means I am already Ovulating or what! it's the 2nd day today so not sure if that means I am pregnant!!!

I have serched many sites for it and I am still confused about the results. Any help??

• Hi

I only get a positive ovulation result for one day. It gets a bit darker if you are using the normal stick ones and not the digital ones as you get closer but when you get a true positive (smiley face or darker test line than control line) they you should ovulate in 24 to 48 hours. The LH surge is only really short and remember when taking chomid if you test too early in your cycle you can get a false positive so try and take your temperature too, if the ovulation test was correct your temperature should increase in a few days after the positive.

It can never prove that you will ovulate, it just says that if you do ovulate it will be about then.

Good luck fingers crossed for you.