Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Newbie needing advice!

Hi ladies,

I am a newbie! We have been trying for over 18 months and are just awaiting a gynae appointment to start the process of trying to find out what is wrong! Hubby has had the all clear, the doctor said his sperm were perfect which he has told any one and everyone who will listen! what is it with boys and there sperm eh?

I was so sure last month was it! We bd'd at the right time, i took my folic acid, excerised, ate healthy etc. I thought there were a few symptoms like tiredness, gagging feeling around some foods, cramps in my legs, twinges and a full feeling down below. AF was due on the sunday and i started to spot that night, very light pink spotting... I was devasted..i had built it up in my head, which i have to learn to stop. Anyway I spotted on and off the next day and on tuesday i had the worst cramps and slightly more bleeding, reddish this time. I carried on spotting on and off until the friday with no real period. I held on to the fact I may be pregant for a good week after, reserching implantation bleeds but I had to accept that it wasnt and move on with this month and try again. (i did a few tests all bfn)

I just don't understand what went on, why was AF so light, its usually so heavy lasting up to 7days. And do I count my first day as the spotting or as the first day of the light bleed?

Has anyone else had this? Any one any ideas what it is?

I have never been on the pill and my periods are usually like clockwork.

xx

Replies

• Hiya,

Have you done a test? I guess it's the only way you'll really know? It does sound like maybe implantation bleeding, but it could just be a light period - I have them, and it's very frustrating!

Good luck! x
  • Homemaker, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're on the road to helping you start your family.

I have to say, the longer I was ttc, the more irregular my cycles became. I do think our bodies play cruel tricks on us and if you're heading for the fertility clinic, you might find that there is something pretty straight-forward that they can help you with.

On the other hand, it might be a shy BFP??? So worth testing again in a few days- have you tried first response tests? Good luck xx
  • Thanks for the advice girls. I have took a few tests and they all say NO! image I think you are right WindyMiller its playing tricks..i think its because I am so aware of every little change in my body that i notice it now where as before TTC i was blissfully unaware.

Oh well onto month 19! We will get there one day..got to think positive.

xx