Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

menstrual cups :S

im just wondering if anyone has any experience of these?

Replies

• Options
    What are they Hun??? Never heard of them! X x
  • Options
    well basically hun they are used for periods normally u just put one up inside u and it collects. they are said to be a lot more hygienic. but i have read reviews of ppl using them after doing the deed around ov so that the swimmers dont escape and stay close to the cervix :S
  • Options
    Wow never knew anything about those before.

Maybe one of the others might know a but about them

X x
  • Options
    I use them but they haven't worked for me yet. xXx
  • Options
    Areen't they called Moon cups? Never thought of using them for that purpose!
  • Options
    I use one! I've been using mine for about 5 years, mainly for AF and it's brilliant once you get past the initial icky stage. I figured that I felt icky when I first started my periods, and got over it, so I could get over this. I read somewhere that tampons leave bits of fibre inside you and it freaked me out, so I switched to the Mooncup - saves me a FORTUNE in sanitary products too.

I must confess, I have sometimes used it after we've DTD, if I have had to get up again straight away. No idea if it works, as I guess gravity works against it! But it gave me peace of mind at the time (didn't work mind you....)
  • Options
    Hi, I've used them after intercourse for a few months now! Just found out I'm nearly 5 wks pregnant after first round of clomid.... Can't say it was the cups but I personally felt they kept it in for a bit longer!!! Give them a go, nothing to lose!