Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

No more Clomid :(

Well girls i went to the docs yesterday to get my repeat prescription of clomid for month 4 and GP has decided that because i havent ovulated on it and had really low results from day 21 bloods (0.4,0.4,1.2)she isnt going to give me anymore image Instead she wants me to try taking metformin to balance my hormones even though i dont have pcos!! Im just confused now as i didnt think metformin will help me ovulate!!

Im so gutted as i feel that these tablets arent fertility ones!! She has referred me now to see an endocrinologist as they cannot understand why my periods havent returned and im not ovulating. Just feel confused now and feel like it will take a while for body to get use to these tablets if they work and feel like time is just going on. Sorry for the rant just wanted to write my thoughts somewhere and am hoping that someone may have had similar experiences of clomid not working.

Replies

• Hi g/c from due in October... When I was trying to conceive I was on metformin it does help you ovulate it helped me but I gave up as it gave me terrible diarreah but if u persevere with it the side effect passes... Give it ago it's very good...
  • There is no point being on clomid more than 3 months if it's not making u ov. If it doesn't after 3 cycles on it then it's not likely too. Also clomid is not actually a fertiliy drug. It's job is purely to get u too ov the same as met so if clomid didn't work it's good they are trying something different. And fingers crossed that will work for u.

X x