Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A bit of hope

Hi ladies,

I don't know if any of you will remember me but I was a very regular member of this forum and from time to time other old member would come back to give a bit of hope to us. I always read them and prayed I would be able to do the same but never thought I actually would ever be in a position to.

My story is that 2 years ago today I lost my bean. I had an ectopic pregnancy, underwent awful medical treatment and went throught the worst experience of my life. We started trying again, I presumed it would happen quickly. It didn't.

Every month that passed felt like a year and I became sadder and more desperate. I hated anyone telling me to have PMA or to relax and it would happen. I actually could have smacked anyone who uttered this to me. I hated seeing pregnant people but was secretly fascinated by them. I dreaded pregnancy announcements as it was a constant reminder of what I didn't have. I genuinely thought it was never ever going to happen for us.

I was referred to our local hospital and we both had tests and were told there was nothing wrong with us. People saw this as a good sign as there was no reason why nothing was happening but to me at least if there was a problem we would know what we could do to try and resolve it.

I was put on clomid and was told that if nothing happened after 3 months we would start IVF. I was't expecting such prompt action! I prepared myself for IVF and everything that came with it. I didn't trust my body to do anything right.

Then on the 2nd cycle of clomid I fell pregnant and I am sat here holding my beautiful baby boy and can't believe how amazingly fortunate and lucky I am. I used to read peopel's hope stories and thought that will never be me yet here I am.

TTC was without doubt the hardest and most testing experience I have ever had. I know everyone loves their babies but I think when you have had teh experiences we all have it gives you a very different and special appreciation of your pregnancy and your baby.

I hope me sharing this will give hope when I know I felt like I had none when we were ttc xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Awww, MP, I was just thinking of you today and wondering when you would be due! I can't believe it was 9 months ago that you got your BFP! So happy for you and thank you for the happy ending story xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that, it's so wonderful and does give me a bit of hope that if I am patient enough, one day it will be me. Me and hubby have had tests too, and like you we both seem fine. I hope that we get a happy ending like you one day soon! Enjoy your little bundle x
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. Am sure your son will bring even more joy than he already has!
  • Options
    Hello, thank you for sharing your wonderful story it gives us all hope. Im going through similar to you, Ive been trying for 15 months since my mmc and on 4th clomid cycle so you've given me hopexxxx Enjoy your son xxx
  • Options
    Hey Mafia! We m/c just weeks apart (unfortunately I'm still here by hey ho) but can't believe you've had your baby - massive congratulations. It's lovely to hear successful stories, especially after you had such a nightmare time. Hope it's going well x x
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I used to read these "come back" stories and think how lovely but this will never be me and here I am. To the ladies on clomid I also had acupuncture for the month I fell pregnant, I really think that and the clomid helped. Lots of love xx
  • Options
    So wonderful. I actually remember you from ttc.Thanks for sharing, nice to read the hope story.

Congratulations!

xxx
  • Options
    Hey MP - i love success stories - i was lucky to post mine on here too.

I truly believe that our little ones because they are wanted beyond what you can put into words, makes them so differet to other children. Toby has something very special about him, people even comment about him. He has healed so much hurt and i thank every day i have with him.

I also beleive that clomid is a miracle!

I hope you all catch your dreams soon x x
  • Options
    Probably no one remembers me, been ttc for over 3yrs. I've had early miscarriages.

Had every test done and they couldn't find anything wrong.

Today a got a BFP, I feel this one is different (fingers crossed)