Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are we all feeling?

Replies

• Oh no, Im sorry you are having a low day. There will be an end to this and one way or another we will have our babies!

I hate having ttc on my mind all the time. I am a teacher and have an assessment sheet which has "self assessment" but have abbreviated it to SA and every time I look at it I read Sperm analysis!

I think you're right about male pride. I think for them sperm and baby making is a masculine thing but for us it's not like we are any less female if we have a problem.

My colleague forgot to take her pill the last couple of weeks and is now "worried" she is pregnant and talks about how awful it would be and the worst thing that could happen etc etc. It takes all myself control to punch her in the head! (I'm not really a violent person lol).
  • Chickensoup, I'll gladly punch your colleague in the head for you x Its so hard at times when you just want to scream at them I want one and can't bloody get pregnant! Been there many a time!

Give your hubs a bit of time and he'll go and do the second sample, I think you just have to let the intial shock for him to where off, I certainly had to with mine! Its definitley a male pride thing - if it was me I'd have been back the next day, buy my hubs took acouple of weeks to pluck up the courage to do it again!!

I really feel for you ladies, I know that horrible place where you want to discuss this problem with your husbands but either they don't or you don't want to upset them! Having come through the otherside of it, I can say it does get better but it took quite a few frustrating weeks to get there! My hubs has now even told his friends about it and even a couple of work colleagues image On discussions with them its amazing how many know other people that have had problems too, its scary really!!

Loopy, I'm so sorry you had a down day, its very hard at times! I went to see my friend from work last night whos got a newborn baby girl and cried buckets when I got home - I just want one too!

I know we'll get there one day and I'm beginning to believe this process is only going to make us better mummies & daddies when we have them one day soon x x x
  • Thanks Vickster_77 I'm trying to throw myself into my uni work to take my mind of things but as I'm feeling down I have no motivation to do it even though I have to hand in the first completed draft on Saturday!! I'm meeting up with my uni tutor today as I'm stuggling with one part of the essay so that's worrying me too. It's just feels like everything is on top of me at the moment. I really hope I feel better about my essay once I've spoken to her.

Hubby will speak to me about it a bit if I bring it up, but he NEVER brings it up. It's good ur hubby is talking to his friends, I know my hubby would never do that though he keeps everything to himself and just puts a brave face on so you never know what's going on inside.

I don't know if you've read some of my other posts but hubby had a raised level in his liver a while ago so they told him to go back for a repeat blood test in a couple of weeks. He never did but then he started having pain in his lower stomach, I convinced him to go and the 2nd blood test came back fine and the pain went away. Well on the weekend he was struggling to dtd and he admmitted that the pain was back in his lower stomach and that he'd had it for the last three days!! He never mentioned a thing, so i'm going to keep nagging him now to go back to the doctor's can't help but worry its something to do with us not being able to get pregnant x
  • Oh dear Loopy, poor DH, defo keep nagging him to go to the GP about his pain.

My hubby went for his 2nd SA this morning only to realise that it was tomorrow and the receptionist had told him the wrong date. I literally had to drag him there this morning and now he doesn't want to go tomorrow and may not be able to get time off work to go. If he cancel's this one he wont get another appt till Jan. I hope he see's sense and sticks with it!! His GP told him his results last time were borderline for everything (don't know what that means) and that they just want another test to get another reading. I think he thinks that because my cylces are all to pot and my body struggles to do what it is supposed to do i.e. ovulate, then it is my fault we are not getting pregnant, so he doesn't see the point in going.

xx
  • Just read that back and it made my DH sound like he doesn't care and blames me. Thats not the case, he is very understanding and doesn't blame me at all, he just doesnt want to go through it all again when his readings were borderline and not seriously low.

Just thought I would clear that up.

Vickster, I have followed your journey from the KWA thread. I followed it right from before last xmas when it was I want a BFP for christmas and yep I'm still here aswell, I read everyday but just never post. Im glad your hubs has been referred to the clinic and feels he can open up about it now. I have got everything crossed for your appt next week.

xx
  • Thanks mrs86, you didn't make your hubby sound as if he doesn't care honest I totally understand what you mean.

I text hubby to remind him to make an appointment so hopefully he will today. FC your hubby goes for his SA tomorrow, how annoying that they messed the dates up - its hard enough to get them to go once.

Hope we all get our BFPs soon x
  • What are we going to do with our husbands ladies??? *shakes head and sighs* If only we could mind-read life would be a heck of a lot easier!!! :lol:

Funnily enough mine has just phoned me to say one of his friends has just phoned him to say he watched The Food Hospital on Ch4 last night (obviously not a football fan!) but there was a guy on there with a low sperm count and they reccomended certain foods to try and boost his count, so we're going to watch it on 4oD later!

Loopy, my hubs has always bottled up his feelings in the past, so I am completley in shock he's started being so open about things all of a sudden!! I don't know whether its the fact that after telling one person it kind of helped him come to terms with it, maybe by getting it out in the open, I don't know!! I'm fine discussing it all with you ladies on here, but I find it hard to talk to anyone in the 'real world' about it other than hubs, weird hey?!

mrs86, thanks for your post! My you must have done some reading to keep up with that thread for over a year :lol: I'm finding it hard to go on there these days with being one of the few left ttc, I love those ladies to bits as they've kept me sane over the last year+, but just can't wait to join them all as a mummy!!

Hope both your hubs get to their next appts very soon xxx
  • Ohh Vickster_77 The Food Hospital sounds interesting can you update us on the food's to eat? I would watch it myself but just had a meeting with my tutor and I've got loads of work to do to get my essay in on time so will be up to my eyes in books!

Feeling a little better than I did this morning I think TTC and uni work were really getting to me - a double whammy! I hope the time until your appointment goes quick Vickster_77 let us know what the same, I always wonder what the next step will be x
  • Vickster, I read the thread everyday to catch up but then never have time to post hence why I have never joined. Haha

I watched the food hospital as well, I cant remember what food they were supposed to eat, they did mention zinc is really good though.

Loopy- glad you were feeling better yesterday afternoon, hope it has carried through to this morning.

Hubs went for his test this morning, didn't have to drag him kicking and screaming either. Just got to wait 2 weeks for the results now. I hate all the timelines there are with TTC, waiting for ov, 2ww, waiting for AF, waiting for scans, waiting for results!! Its all just a waiting game!!

xx
  • Mrs86, glad your hubs went to the docs without persuasion, maybe the start of him coming to terms with things!

The Food Hospital was interesting but more so in the fact that the guy had a low count to start with 4.8 million/ml but on the re-test they did before they started the food treatment he was at 20 million/ml which is bang on normal for the WHO guidelines, so perhaps the first one was just a dodgy sample! Even his morphology and motility was fine, far better than my hubs anyway!

They did reccommend he eat foods high in anti-oxidants so tomatoes, broccoli, citrus fruits and blueberries etc And also as you said Zinc as well so lots of seafood like oysters and then nuts and seeds. Nothing I hadn't already read about but might encourage hubs to partake more. Also the guy was veggie and there's controversy over whether the phyto-estrogens in Soya can effect fertility but nothing proven.

Loopy, hope the assignment is going better, glad my Uni days are far behind me, but must be a good distraction at times!! Will let you know how we get on next week!

Lovely having you ladies to chat to about this!!
  • mrs86 sooo glad your hubby went to do his sample! FC the next 2 weeks go quickly for you hun. We've got to wait until the 29th Nov for my hubby's SA so you should be getting your results shortly after them - good luck!

Vickster_77 I thought my Uni days were behind me too just think I'm a gutton for punishment! It's a professional qualification so hoping another string to my bow will help me get a new job (as I really dislike my current boss). My tutor asked me if I'd ever thought of becoming a lecturer so may be something to think about if I lose my job as the industry I'm in is very shaky at the moment due to the economy/recession. The food hospital sounds really intersting so I'll have to try and find time to watch it, anythign is worth a go. DH's still having stomach pains so just been on the phone nagging him to make an appointment with our doctor - men!

Hope you are all well ladies, I wrote loads in my essay last night so feeling chuffed today! x
  • Looks like hubby will be having oysters with tomatoes and brocolli for dinner followed by some citrus fruit and blueberries!! Haha..I can see that going down really well.

Loopy i'm a bit like you thinking my uni days were far behind me but I have just finished an extra course through work. Im a children's dietitian and just done an extra module. I secretly enjoy doing it, I'm always looking for things to do now I havent got any uni work to be doing!! Didnt feel like that at the time!! We can be on countdown together to your hubs SA and my hubs results.

Vickster...I really is great to have other people to chat to, I have felt so much better about things since I have started posting and having someone to share my worries, etc with.

Yey its home time!!

xx
  • Hi mrs86 yay let's countdown together!

I'm the same as you, it's hard studying at the time but I do really enjoy it :lol:

Hope you are all having a good night x
  • Morning

Hope we are all well this morning!! Yay its friday!! I have had such a busy and hard week this week I will be glad when it gets to 4 pm today! May even finish early.

Got a busy wknd lined up ahead of me, going for a meal with inlaws and my parents which should be interesting to say the least!! Need to get some christmas shopping done tomorrow, then going to some friends to watch the england rugby final and then sunday taking my parents of for dinner as it is there anniversary!! No rest for the wicked!! :lol:

What have you got planned for the wknd ladies?

xx
  • Ohh mrs86 its sounsd like you've got a jam packed weekend! Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow but I don't mind too much as I'll be in the office on my own and I'll (hopefully)be able to finish my essay off for uni. Saturday night I'm going home to my parents, will have to watch x-factor have a glass of wine and a chinese takeaway mmmmm Sunday we'll be visiting my hubby's parents and grandparents and then travelling back to where we live (an hour away) ready for work on Monday. Ohh and I nearly forgot I'll have to have my mum's sunday dinner too - oh how I miss it!

We haven't manage to dtd at all this week, even though ov has passed I still feel like we should still be dtd just in case! I've been working every night and hubby has had to stay behind in work and has played a few footie matches so by the time we get to bed we're both shattered! Do you think it matters? I'm really hoping it doesn't mean we're out this month - feel free to look at my chart.

Vickster_77 any plans for the weekend? x
  • Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned, other than working tomorrow! Cant beat a homemade sunday dinner, I'm lucky as both my mum and my mother in law do very good sunday dinners.

Had a quick look at your chart, I think you are still in with a good chance as you dtd just before and just after ov so you could have caught it either way. I heard a lot of BFP stories from ladies with the 'less is more' approach. Got everything tightly crossed for you.

xx
  • Thanks mrs86 because we've been TTC for so long, I feel like I have to try my hardest every single month iykwim. It's sounds silly I know but just want a BFP sooooo much!

My mother-in-law can't cook :lol: and I'm sure she'd agree too. My sister-in-law still lives at home so she's sort of taken over all the cooking.

I'm shattered, falling asleep at my desk it must be from all the studying. I might have a night off tonight and just do a full day on it tomorrow. Hope you have all had a good day in work or whatever you've been up to x
  • Morning all,

How was everyone's weekend?

We had a very busy wknd, feel like I havent stopped and now i'm shattered, need another few days off!! We had a very food and drink orientated wknd so now I feel like the size of a house...I will have to work extra hard at Zumba 2nite. Well Ov is coming up for me hopefully so we are now Bd every other day until next wed so we can try and catch it. Hubs even rearranged a night out so that it didnt interfere with our schedule...haha...bless him!! He obviously didn't tell his mate what he was rearranging for tho!! ha

Not long until your appt Vickster, how are you feeling?

xx
  • mrs86 ahhh bless your hubby for re-arranging his night out lol!

Vickster_77 good luck with your appiontment, let us know how you get on.

Only a week tomorrow until DH's 2nd SA, I'm counting down the days now! I didn't have a v.good weekend, soooo emotional I seemed to be constantly crying :roll: Firstly it was due to seeing all the parents with children out Xmas shopping and secondly two of my old school friends both gave birth yesterday. Even though I am happy for them I couldn't help but feel sad too.

Hope you are all having a good day in work, I've got a really busy week ahead of me so hoping it will make the time fly by until next week x
  • Hey Girls, glad to hear you had a nice weekend Mrs86! Your hubs is very good re-arranging his night out, enjoy all the BD'ingimage

Loopy, my weekend sounds very much like yours! I had a major ttc breakdown out of the blue on Thurs evening after having a row with hubs, which then triggered a migraine. So was off work sick Fri and just spent the day feeling very sorry for myself image

Went wedding dress shopping with my sis on Sat, which did cheer me up a bit, but I just kept looking at bridesmaids dresses wondering if i'd be able to fit in one in 18months time - i.e. would I have had a baby or be pregnant!

Also went to see Twilight on Sat evening and that was all baby orientated too, so no escaping it :lol:

Feeling slightly better about things today, my Mum's sunday roast worked wonders yesterday! But very nervous about our appt on Thurs, but I'm guessing they'll just be taking our histories and arranging another test for hubs at this appt and it'll be the follow-up when we really know where we stand!!!