Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are we all feeling?

Replies

• Thanks Mrs86

Can you give me some help with what to do on here? Do you have a list of friends like facebook or just post on these threads?? Just looking for support really from people in same boat as men are rubbish and don't understand at all.

Gx
  • Welcome Georgie hope u get ur scan appointment through soon can't believe how long it's all taken for u to get to this stage x
  • Thanks loopy. It's good to know that you're not on you're own sometimes. Me fella keeps telling me not to worry as we have other options, it doesn't help at all!!!

I've been told the egg collection is really painful tho so not looking forward to that at all. If I do start the process in March how long will it take??

Thanks for replying

Gx
  • Hi georgie76 I can't help with your question sorry hun we're waiting to go back for my hubby's 2nd SA results in less than 2 weeks so we haven't been referred to a fertility clinic yet. There is another board on here for IVF and assisted conception I've popped on there myself and I know quite a few ladies on there are currently going thorugh IVF so it may be worth looking on there too.

I know my hubby is being positive too and all I can do is worry x
  • Sorry Georgie, I don't know anything about egg sharing as we havent got that far yet.

Hope you have all had a good wknd. I had a lovely shopping day with my mum on saturday and then went and had a girly night at a friends sat night. Was feeling slightly ropey yesterday but hubs took me out for a lovely breakfast and then we did abit more shopping so had a lovely wknd. Feeling very tired now though.

What have you all been upto?

I think I am in the 2ww now, I thought I was due to ov yesterday going from last months cycle but fertility friend has put me as ov for last tues and due af this sat 3rd. So im totally confused, just going to keep BD as dont want to miss it if I havent ov'd yet! I wish my body would just do as it is supposed to.

xx
  • Hi mrs86 sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I had a nice weekend with hubby too we went out for a meal on Friday night and shopping on Saturday and Sunday. The only downside was that we ended up having a row on Saturday night about TTC so I felt a bit rubbish on Sunday. I think it's really getting to us both and we're both worried about the results of the 2nd SA on 8th December.

I'm trying to stay positive for hubby but I'm a worrier, he's Mr positive or he just puts a brave face on. It all came out in the row about how much he is worrying about us not being able to have a family. I'm not going to mention anything else to him, just try to be there for him but I can't help but worry what the outcome will be so hoping you ladies can put my mind at ease x
  • Georgie, hey hun, I can't help with the egg collection thing either as not that far, but as Loopy said there is the IVF board on here and can I also suggest another site called Fertility Friends that is a lot more geared towards fertility issues and assisted conceptions so you may get more support on there hun x

Mrs86, sounds a lovely weekend hun and def a good plan to keep doing the every other day BDing as your cold could have affected your temps and thrown your chart this month!!

Loopy, I sincerely hope you get a good outcome from hubs 2nd SA, we're having our ups and downs and its definitley not an easy thing to deal with, just have to take each day at a time!

AF got me this morning, I start every month with a hopeful outlook that this will be our month and a miracle will happen, only for it to be dashed again and again! I've resigned myself to IVF now, which scares the bejesus out of me! I just find our roles have generally reversed now and its me constantly re-assuring him that things will be alright which is very strange!!

As for my weekend though my Spa day was fabulous on Saturday, then went wedding dress shopping with my sister on Sun which was nice too!

Hubs and I decided to book a holiday last night to console ourelves this month so we're off to Mexico for 10nights on the 25th Jan, the day after our follow up appt, so good news or bad we'll at least be able to get away from it all for a while!!
  • Loopy I know its hard but try not to worry about hubbys 2nd SA. You just have to take each day as it comes like vickster said. My hubby is the same and puts a brave face on and he too only showed his real feelings when we had a blazing row. I know its a male pride thing but wouldn't it be so much easier if they could just open up and tell us how they are feeling!! Argghhh!!! You've only got a week to go hun, try and stay positive!!

Vickster, sorry AF got you hun. Glad you had a good wknd though and so exciting that you are going to Mexico. You watch it will be sod's law that you have booked that and then you will get pregnant!! What a lovely time to go aswell, we went on holiday the day after my initial consultation at the fertility clinic and found it so much easier to deal with being away from everyone and spending some quality time with hubby.

As for me, still haven't got a clue what my temps are doing, so still bd'ing every other day. My cold seems to be on its way out now though so no more vicks seduction techniques!! haha. Got a 1st birthday tea party 2night, going to be surrounded by all my friends and their kids, as much as I love them, it's not what I need right now!!

xx
  • Vickster_77 thanks for the kind words. DH did his SA retest today so just a matter of waiting now for the results. I think both me and my DH are feeling really nervous for the results just don't know what to expect as we didn't have any results from the 1st SA. WOW holiday to Mexico, that's one place I have always wanted to go I hope to get there one day! And what a lovely time of year to go, get away from our rubbish weather. Glad the spa day was really nice, I'm looking to go somewhere for a long weekend with DH in Feb next year not sure if it'll be in the UK or a little further afield I'll cost a few things and see what comes up. I've resigned myself to IVF now too and I couldn't help feel sad the other day that we won't be able to do it on our own, I've never felt like this before as previously I just felt as long as it happened I didn't care how we got there iykwim.

Thanks mrs86 hope the 1st bday party isn't too hard for you tonight. Yes men really like keeping things to themselves, I find it hard being there for hubby when I'm second guessing how he is feeling. FC you get your BFP this month and your chart sorts itself out x
  • Loopy, I def know what you mean! Never in a million years when we started ttc did i think we'd end up in this position and can't help thinking how bloody unfair it all is image

The more I read about IVF/ICSI the more it scares the life out of me, thinking how we could go all the way through that process and it still not work, just don't know how people cope with that, it must be so heart breaking!

I have days when I think maybe just resigning ourselves to be childless would be the easier option, but then I see friends with their babies and think we have to at least try or we may regret it :? It really does suck at times x

Hope hubs little swimmers were tested this time x

Mrs86 hope yesterday birthday tea was ok x
  • Hi Georgie,

I have been reading this thread and wish you all luck in your TTC journeys. Me and hubby have been TTC for 2 and ha;f years. Have just had fallopian tubes removed due to hydrosalpinx and will be moving onto IVF this month. So Georgie if you are looking to go onto IVF maybe we can support each other as this will be my first attempt. I have had an eptopic pregnancy earlier in the year.

As for egg collection I havn't heard that it is painful and have been to presentation at our IVF clinic all about process. They sedate you for egg collection so you prob wouldn't know what was happening or feel pain(hopefully) image

Hope I have been of help.I will be starting A NEW THREAD FOR ivf as soon as we start. Should be this week

Em xx
  • Hi all,

I haven't been here for a while and there is loads to catch up on so for now I will just say hello and I hope everyone (and their oh's) are doing ok.

Loopy, how did the 2nd SA go? After a bit of a row I finally got something out of oh (common theme going on here?!). He attempted the 2nd analysis but didn't get anymore of a sample than last time so he didn't bother taking it in. He was going to try again this week but I'm due to ov at the weekend so no abstaining for the required 3-5 days!

I have been looking at the assisted conception requirements for Berkshire and it turns out you cannot get Ivf on the nhs until you are 30! I am currently 26 and do not want to wish the next 4 years of my life away if it comes to that. Also looked at iui as throught that may be an option if, as i suspect, volume is the problem and that's not covered here on the nhs at all.

I said to oh, I just want to know where we are with it all. I want to know what the problem is and what we have to do. I can't stand this waiting around. I have no pma at the mo and can barely be bothered to BD as I can't see the point. I tried to trick my body into thinking we were having a month off last month but that didn't work :lol:
  • Hi Chicken_Soupuk

I have just read your entry on thread. OMG I am appalled that you would have to wait until you were 30 to get IVF on NHS!!! There is no equality across the board what so ever.

I am in shock. I am in Hull and here you only get one shot of IVF on NHS but criteria is very strict. You have to have been TTC for 2 yrs before being considered and if no medical reason for unable to concieve you have to wait 3yrs. And if either one of the couple has children already you have to pay full costs. Unfortuatley the latter is the situation me and oh are in. My husband has a ten year old son from previous partner so we have to pay full.

Hope you succeed without having to consider IVF. Lots of luck.

Em image
  • Hi guys,

Bit of a gatecrash, as I seem to have missed most of the posts on this thread (I've been trying to take a relaxed approach and not obsess so much!).

I'm also on the IVF road, we had our nurse "chat" at LWC Cardiff on 14th Nov and I had my AMH repeated. That was ok for egg-sharing, so we have our first consult next week. The nurse says it could take up to 4-5 months before they start giving me the meds, but I'm really excited!

My boss has had IVF and she said the egg collection was a bit painful, but not awful, its just the feeling you have when they over-stimulate you that she hated- said it felt like she had a bunch of grapes hanging off her ovaries!!

Good luck to all xx
  • Hi Windymiller

Good luck with your IVF journey. Hoipe yopu keep me up to date as I found out in Sept we start ours in Dec which is this month!! So I too am very excited as feels like we may finally be getting somewhere on our journey of achieving a successful pregnancy.

I do not know much about how you came to be on IVF route?

I have low AMH so am unable to egg share but as long as there is enough eggs for IVF thats all that counts

Lots of luck and let me know when you start.

Em x
  • Hi!

I've got my consultant appt on 28th dec now, as dh couldn't get time off work. Gives me times to lose a bit more weight, though. I'd rather be comfortably under 30BMI.

Emrob, I have polycystic ovaries, have had all investigations and that seems to be my only problem. Tried clomid & it did the trick, but still no BFP, I had ovarian drilling in Sept and I am now ovulating on my own, but still no BFP. The NHS want me to wait 12 months for one cycle of IVF, So we looked into private IVF and realised we might be able to egg-share. I'm worried that the longer we leave it for NHS, the lower my chances are and I would have to get my BMI below 25 for that too!

I've found now that removing the "last chance" aspect of IVF, I am much more comfortable with it. Also, ths way,I get to help another couple have children.

Obviously, I'd still love to have children naturally, but I just want to be pregnant, so I don't mind how!
  • Sorry to gatecrash just wanted to say to Windymiller that it is sooo nice that you are willing to egg share, there is such a shortage of donors at the minute. A friend at the fertility clinic I'm at got told this week that there is an 8 year!!! waiting list for donor eggs on the nhs there x
  • I didn't realise it was that bad! But I didn't think it was bad at all until I went for our appointment and the nurse told me. She also said I can donate until my 37th birthday, so if all goes well, I might be able to donate again. My sister has done it twice, too.

We have to have counselling to ensure we are aware of all the possible outcomes. DH isn't too keen on a stranger knocking on our door in 19yrs time, though. But I don't mind. xx
  • whao windy, that's so lovely of you, xo I miscarried in April after TTC for 22 months, and m now nearly 15weeks! I would like to give you all some baby dust!!
  • Hi Windy

I know how you feel about just wanting to be pregnant. I wanted to egg share too to give other women the chance to be mothers but am unable due to my low amh!! Such a shame as there is such a shortage. We were the same if couldn't get quickly through nhs would have gone private. However due to our nhs clinic we have to fund privately anyway as OH already has a son. Very unfair but on the other hand on waiting.

Do you know when you will be starting ivf then?

Lots of luck and let me know what happens

Em xx