Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are we all feeling?

Replies

• Options
    WindyMilleruk1 ohh sounds like things are really moving forward for you and like the others have said, so nice for you to egg share. I live in Cardiff, you'll have to let me know how you find the LWC, hope all goes well on the 28th.

Congratulations mad_about_bump!

Well three days until our doctor's appointment, won't be long now. I've had a manic couple of days I handed my first essay into uni on Thursday, London Xmas shopping on Friday, hair done on Saturday and then I went out for a meal/drink Saturday night. I'm feeling a little fragile today and I'll be in Uni until 9pm tonight so I think its going to be a long one! I'll be glad to get home tonight. Can't believe I'm on CD11 already, I've been so busy that we haven't even managed to bd yet image I think we'd better get our skates on lol!

Hope you all have a good day x
  • Options
    Morning

Windy - egg sharing is a lovely thing to, Hope hubby comes round to the idea of the possibility of a stranger knocking on the door in 19yrs time.

Loopy, sounds like you have had a jam packed few days. well done on handing in your uni essay!! Get BD hun!!

Not long till your appt now, got everything tightly crossed for you.

xx
  • Options
    Thanks MrsM I'm looking forward to the doctors tbh now it's better than worrying after speaking to a friend who is going down the ivf route she's reassured me that there will b something that they can do for us. I just want some answers now I'm sure I'll b on here looking for more advice lol!

How is everything with u? Have u read Windy's other post I think she's got her BFP so may b no need for egg sharing after all!!! Fantastic news x
  • Options
    Just read her other post, i'm a bit behind!!

Aww im glad you are feeling more excited rather than worried now.

No change here for me, AF should arrive tomorrow going by last months cycle but then fertility friend has put me down as ov'ing late so think we have missed it if fertility friend is correct. Also had niggly pain in left ovary 2day and and EWCM today so maybe im ov'ing really late this month.

Hubby has got appt on friday to get results of his SA. Fingers crossed there isn't something wrong with him aswell, other wise we are both screwed!! That would be major bad luck!!

Sick of hearing the 'I shook hands and got pregnant' stories aswell and facebook

xx
  • Options
    mrs86 good luck with your hubby's appointment on Friday.

This is my DH's 2nd SA so I'm expecting some bad news tbh but just hoping that it means that we get forwarded to the fertility clinic.

I hope AF stays away for you hun, last month my CBFM and fertility friend didn't agree my ov day so don't know which one was correct.

Hope you don't mind me asking but what problems have you got with TTC? Have you had your cd21 bloods done etc? x
  • Options
    I don't mind you asking at all hun. I have got secondary infertility due to excess weight loss. I had an eating disorder for a few years, I didn't go really skinny like the horror stories you see but it wasn't a healthy weight, and I was on the pill so it masked the fact that it had messed up my hormones. I came off the pill in June 2010 and didn't have a period until last month when they started me on Clomid. I have been over the eating disorder for over a year now and back to a healthy weight. It makes it so much harder knowing that I have done this to myself and I'm sure Hubby must secretly blame me.

Always expect the unexpected Looby, you never know you might get a surprise at your appt.

xx
  • Options
    mrs86 I think we've all done things we regret in our past but its just part of growing up so try not to be too hard on yourself hun and I'm sure your hubby doesn't blame you at all. Glad to hear that AF arrived, things must be improving!

Well I've gone from being nervous to excited to nervous again for our appointment tomorrow - talk about rollercoaster! FC its not all bad news, I've had really bad nausea for the last three days I'm fed up of people asking if I'm pregnant - I know its not a possibility as I'm only on CD12.

FC AF stays away for you hun and you get your BFP this month x
  • Options
    Sorry to G/C your thread just wanted to say good luck for your appointment tomorrow loopy x
  • Options
    Ahh thanks so much wibblewobble1 I'm sure I'll be on here tomorrow evening to share the news be it good or bad x
  • Options
    Loopy, just wanted to say good luck for your appointment tomorrow, will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    Thanks chicken soup I'll update u all tomorrow evening keep ur FC for me x
  • Options
    Good luck Loopy. Will be thinking of you today!!

xxx
  • Options
    Sorry I've not been around much recently ladies, been busy at work and trying really hard to distract myself from this whole ttc nonsense as it just upsets me to even think about it at the minute image

Mrs86, I'm sure your husband doesn't blame you either! I know my hairdresser took nearly a year to have a period just coming off the pill without having had an eating disorder, so it might not necessarily be all attributable to that! At least clomid kick started things for you now image any sign of AF yet this month or have you resisted testing??

Loopy, I really just came on to wish you the very best of luck for your hubs results later, will be thinking of you x x x
  • Options
    Hi Vickster,

Good to see you again.

No sign of Af yet and I haven't tested either, 1) because I'm not sure my cycle length is the same this month because of the clomid 2)beacuse I would rather not know than get a BFN and 3) because I have no tests!!

I think I am going to wait until the 16th dec to test if AF hasn't arrived which will be day 34 as I have got a christmas party so will want to know whether I can drink or not!!

Hope the countdown to your appt isn't dragging too much for you. Just enjoy the festive season and then it will come around in no time!!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Mrs86 and Vickster_77 I'll be glad to go now, just watching the clock in work.

My idiot of a boss has come into work early I was hoping that I only had to stick him for half day and he wants to 'go through a few things with me' which is usually him having a go at me so getting myself all worked up for that now - nightmare! I'll be glad to get out of here tbh.

Hope you all have a good day, I'm sure I'll be on later to update you all. Just hoping its not too bad news - Fingers and toes crossed please lovely ladies x
  • Options
    Hi ladies well we went to the doctor's for our results. I'm a bit annoyed because we were told that the first SA wasn't tested as there wasn't enough but she had our results on the computer!!! All the results were fine such as volume etc but on both readings the Sperm Morphology on both was really low only 2% and 5% on the last one.

The doctor didn't seem bothered and sort of brushed it aside but said that hubby has to do a 3rd SA!! We pushed to find out what the result should be and she said 15% or above. I've since looked on line and our results mean that only 2% or 5% of DH's sperm is the correct shape so it looks likes the chances of us doing it on our own are pretty slim even with a normal volume. I've looked online and people with low Sperm Morphology seem to have had ICSI for treatment.

We asked how long the waiting list is, she said about 6 months for the initial fertility appointment and then a year-year and a half for treatment. She went onto say that I'm only 30 so people who are older are at the top of the list so to speak. I can't how she can say 'only 30' its not as if I'm 21 and they advise you to have a family before 35. So we're on the waiting list for the fertility clinic and Dh has to do another SA just feeling really frustrated at the moment I feel like we're going backwards and annoued that the doctor more or less shrugged it off I'm now feeling that there is no chance of us doing it on our own.

*Sigh* x
  • Options
    Aww Looby i'm really sorry hun. The dr sounds like a right t**t, it always annoys me when they cant see how important these things are to us, we are just another pt to them!

One step closer now though being on the waiting list for the ICSI, I know it seems like a long time away for ur initial appt but if you think about how long youve already waited, its no time at all. I know its on 2 or 5% chance of it happening naturally but thats better than 0%

Im probably doing a rubbish job of trying to cheer u up, but keep smiling hun.

X x x x
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your appointment didn't go well; your doctor sounds like an insensitive b*tch. How dare she treat people like just another patient. She obviously has no idea what it is like for people in the situation / doesn't care and so has no business being in the profession. What a cow.

Also, they had his last results?!?!?!?!?! :x They could have saved you 3 months of heartache by just telling the truth or reading the screen properly! OMG I am so angry for you!

I am sorry to hear about the low morphology, but like mrd86 said, there is still a chance of it happening naturally, it just may take a little longer. Would IUI be an option because they clean up his "juices" to just leave the good stuff them put it in you?
  • Options
    Loopy, Hubs has just had his 2nd SA results and his morphology was only 6%. His doctor told him this was normal. He said that the highest level is usual about 14% and that on average most men only have a range from 2 - 6% of normal shaped sperm. I'm not sure why GP's are telling them completely different things. :?

Still no AF for me but feeling very crampy, think she may be on her way! :cry:

xxxx
  • Options
    Also forgot to say we got the printout of his report and in brackets next to your result it tells you what they class as a normal range. The figure in brackets was 4%. Hope that gives you a little bit of hope that it still might happen naturally hun.

xxx