Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Acupuncture and fertility UPDATE :)

Well I asked for success stories about acupuncture and fertility a few weeks ago as I was thinking of giving it a go to help sort out my cycles, de-stress me and hopefully, eventually, help me to get pregnant. So I thought I would update you on how I have got on.

I have had 3 sessions so far, one which was the initial consultation, the other two were actual treatment sessions. I have already seen major improvements in how I feel and how my body is reacting.

1. My luteal phase for the past year has been getting shorter and shorter. It hasn't been 14 days for over a year now, and for the past 4 months it was 11 days, 11 days, 11 days, 10 days. This month (after 2 sessions of acupuncture) it was bang on 14 days.

2. My af (for the last 18 months) only usually lasts 1 and a half - 2 days of actual red bleeding with up to 9 days of brown spotting after the red bleed finishes. The acupuncturist said that she would be aiming to extend the red bleeding time so that everything was cleared out properly rather than coming out in dribs and drabs. This month I have had 3 days of red bleeding. I have only just finished this part of af so I will update next week about whether the brown spotting has improved or not.

3. I suffer quite badly from IBS and experience extreme constipation (only going to the toilet once every 4-5 days) and abdominal cramping. Since I started the treatment I have been going to the toilet everyday and I haven't had one IBS related cramp.

All in all, I am very pleased with how it is going so far and I have to say that I already feel much calmer and de-stressed...even hubby has noticed!!! Maybe it is a placebo type thing...but to be honest, I don't care as long as I feel better in myself and my body does seem to be start getting back to normal. I feel excited and optimistic for the first time in forever! Yay!

Replies

• Yay BibbyBobby really pleased that you are seeing results already! Hope your next update will be to say that you've got your BFP - good luck hun x
  • Haha...I hope so too!! Hopefully we'll both get that elusive BFP in the next month or so. You've been trying for a long time too, haven't you? We have officially been trying for the past 19 months but using the CBFM for the past 10 months. I have had various blood tests back and everything seemed ok at my end, although I have an appt at a fertility clinic just before xmas. Just waiting for hubby's sperm test appt to come through.

It will be our time soon!!!!!!

• Hi BibbyBobby yes we've been TTC for 16 months now. Just waiting for DH's 2nd SA test a week tomorrow, hoping we'll be able to go back to the doctor's before Xmas to see what the problem is and to get referred to a fertility clinic.

Ohh hope your fertility appointment goes well, are you classed as 'unexplained fertility'? We're guessing that there is an issue with my DH as the with the first SA there wasn't enough to test. All my bloods came back as ok x
  • That's great to hear how well you're getting on with accupuncture, long may it continue and evolve into a lovely long-awaited BFP!!

Good to have your fertility clinic appt through as a back-up plan too x x x
  • Hi bibby. I will be following you closely as i am really interested in accupuncture. I. Have endometriosis and intermittent short LPs plus other stuff. I heard It's good for endo and poor quality eggs as it improves blood flow. Yoga is good for this too. How much are you paying a session and how often the treatment? Good luck xx
  • Hi EckyThump! I've noticed that you are interested of acupuncture. Well, there are places  that offers acupuncture but make it sure that it is also recommended to your situation. If you'd love to know more and look for a trusted clinics that offers acupuncture, We at GlobalIVF specialize in helping people like you. We are a community of over 5000 IPs, clinics, doctors and lawyer. And it if FREE to use our extensive database. Plus you can ask questions to our very experienced team (free, as well) anytime. Hope you can find what your looking for on our site.