Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

do i dont i???

well i went for my first fertility appointment in oct. i was a stone heavier than i am now and at the time i had not had a natural period in 2 years. I got a bit scared at the appointment as we were told that we would only be funded for 6 rounds of clomid because i already have a daughter. I held off after that appointment and have concentrated on loosing weight and exercise in order to give myself the best possible chance.

Well since then i have lost over a stone and recieved my first natural period 2 weeks ago. i have been using ovulation sticks but i dont think i have ovulated.

I am now wondering whether i should go back to the fertility clinic and start the clomid.

It will prob take me about 3 months to get an appointment image i mentioned to hubby but he thinks i should let nature take its course. but i was thinking that i could still end up loosing all my weight (i dont have that much to loose) and still be no closer to having a bun in the oven. grrrrrr any help or advice would be really appreciated xxxxx

Replies

• If you're under 30 BMI, you should def go back- you've still got 3 months to ttc naturally? Clomid works better on women under 30 BMI. But even if you have the clomid, you don't have to use it straight away???

If you are having natural cycles, then you have ovulated! I didn't pick up ov on the month I concieved, either. I found it was always good to have a plan, and if I concieved in the mean time, all the better!

xxx