Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Angry

If you're familiar with my threads you will know that I've just found out that my AMH levels indicate low fertility.

What I am angry about is that I can't believe this has only just been tested. I had Day2-5 and Day21 bloods on NHS in October 2009 and then I had to go private for further testing as I already have 1 daughter. My consultant was given the results of these tests but I have only just found out that NHS do not test for AMH. So surely he should have sent me for further bloods before anything else!

So since 2009 I have spent over ??3k on HSG, clomid, scans, consultations, homeopathy, reflexology, vitamins and god knows what else and it was probably all a waste of money. If only he'd tested my AMH first then I wouldn't have needed all that and maybe just the DHEA I'm taking now and perhaps the acupuncture that I am thinking of starting.

I don't suppose he will offer me a refund. Grrrrr!!!!!

Replies

• AMH is fairly new at the clinic I'm at, they only started using it as a measure late last year. Maybe it's the same case at your clinic.

I know that doesn't make any difference to you or the money you've spent, but it's the only reason I can think of as to why they never offered you the test.
  • Ok Wibblewobble, I'll go with that one. Thanks!