Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Clomid Thread... Lets All Share And Stay Positive :)

Replies

• Hey andi, I'm sure I read somewhere that Clomid often increases your lp - in fact in some cases that's specifically what it's prescribed for, so you might have a bit longer. When are you planning to test? I'm just so glad we're finally getting somewhere! I realised I probably need to wait to start my norethisterone and then Clomid so I'll be starting tablets on Wednesday so af will be due around 7th may. Hubby has his SA on the 15th so I was a bit worried I'd end up ov'ing around then when we'd be having to abstain! Baby dust to all xx
  • Hey Dudders, we had a badly timed sa one month, it was so frustrating. Hopefully that won't happen also clinics seem to vary how long they want them to abstain for. If its just a couple of days you should still be in with a chance. I am going to a wedding today, so was going to test before so I know if I can have a drink but because of the cramping I didn't see the point, sods law af would arrive straight after. I would like to restrain from testing for as long as I can but I doubt my willpower will hold out long x
  • Yeah, we'd probably get away with it, but there's a couple of unknowns, so waiting a few days means there shouldn't be any problem - we've waited almost nine months to get this far so a couple of days is no big deal image With the norethisterone you get af 2-4 days after the 10 days of tablets - last time it was four days, but it could always be earlier! And then with the Clomid ov should be 5-9 days after last tablet, so there's around a week either way that ov could take place! And it means we'll definitely be home at the right time for blood tests! Good luck with testing if and when you decide to. Don't worry about having a few drinks - we all need to carry on and enjoy life.
  • Well onto month 15, clomid cycle no.2 Feels like its never going to happen!
  • Hi girls, Can I please join you all... A bit of background about me - I came off the pill July 2011 and between then and April 2012 I only had 1 AF. The doc said blood tests were fine and even though my ultra sound showed some follicles & cysts they could not diagnose PCOS due to lack of other symptoms and said my problem may just be a lazy piturity gland from being on the pill for 14yrs. I was prescribed norethisterone and clomid (wich I took CD3-7). I am now on CD16. I had terrible night sweats when taking the clomid but they've gone now. But I am so very bloated (this began around day 3 of the clomid). Also yesterday I had real discomfort (almost pain) in my ovary area which I'm hoping might be ovulation pains?? Good luck girls and baby dust to everyone!x
  • hello girls sorry i aint been on here for a couple of weeks hope your all well image

got a bit of bad news clomid didnt work that well for me this month so now i have to take 100mg instead of 50mg really hope this helps me image

baby dust to you all

xxxxxxx

• Hi ladies  can I join you? Dudders pointed me in this direction from the you and your wedding website.

Bit about me. I'm 32, my husbands 33. Trying for our first.  We got married April 2011 and have been ttc for 15 months.  We got clomid this week.  After lots of tests (all the usual) they can't find anything other than my hormone levels seem to be low at times and when they are within normal ranges they are apparently still on the low side.  I have also got fibroids in one area.

I'm cycle day 17 at the moment, so around ovulation time but Clomids in the cupboard ready for day 2 of next cycle. I'm determined to try and stay relaxed about it all now after a difficult 7 months of tests, (we had Feb/March off from trying whilst I waited for test results.)  Feel better for having a break.  I've started having reflexology and am contemplating starting accunpuncture too.

• Hi chezza, I know what you mean about night sweats. Although the hot flashes hit me at random times. Dannii21, sorry to hear the clomid hasn't worked yet. Has your doc said how long they want you to try clomid for? Hi ele09, How are you finding reflexology? I would love to try that or acupuncture.
  • Hi andi30xx I've had two sessions so far, third one this week, it's good, definitely helping me relax. First two sessions have just been general whole body relaxation, with no particular focus (although she sorted a problem with my shoulder out). We're starting to focus on the fertility on wednesday, now I've had all my results back. It's a colleague from work that's doing it for me. I'm on the lookout for someone to do acupuncture, I found one lady, but ironically she's on maternity leave. I'd definitely recommend reflexology though! Xx
  • well till june then back we go back to see the doc really hope i get a BFP before then :/

Just to say i suffer with really bad hot flashes on clomid aswell as been tired all the time hope ur ok xx

• Hi can i join you?

Hubby and I are both 25 and have been trying for 4 years with no joy. I have known for some time that i probably have PCOS and after a long battle with my GP we were finally referred to the hospital for tests and it was confirmed last week that i have PCOS. 

I have been given provera to start in two weeks and then Clomid on day 2 of my cycle. Im happy that we appear to be making progress FINALLY!

Kate xxxx

• Dannii, think I'm supposed to be going back in June as well. Doc gave me 3 months of clomid, not sure if they would up the dosage or keep me on it for longer. They made it clear nhs won't do anything else for me. Mrssmithy, can't believe your docs haven't done anything for you until recently. At least with a diagnoses you can start getting treatment then hopefully your bfp won't be too far away x Think I'm going to see if I can book a reflexology treatment at the end of this week. I've worked 7 days straight so far I'm physically exhausted!
  • Andi, my dr was pretty rubbish and said we should let mother nature do her thing and not to worry too much as I have age on my side! Ridiculous woman! Looking forward to starting provera and clomid and gettig things moving!
  • Finish norethisterone on Friday, so should be starting Clomid by this time next week. It seems to be going soooo slowly, although having waited nine months to get this far, it's such a relief to almost be there and actually even have a chance to get pg!
  • mrssmithy, ive heard a few ladies on this site saying docs dont take them very seriosly because 'time is on their side' which I do kind of understand, but surely if you have pcos then you have a medical condition that needs treatment whether or not you are trying to conceive, and waiting 4 years is an unacceptable waiting time for any treatment!!!! sorry bit of a rant... I have issues with NHS!!!

dudders, not long now before you start clomid... it feels good knowing that you are actually trying to do something towards getting that bfp (other than lots of bd'ing of course)

I had my first reflexology today, Im always abit skeptical but was pleasantly suprised. I told her about issues with ttc and stress and tension because of that. but when the treatment finished she said she noticed areas of tension in the lower back... which is spot on, ive been moaning at hubs cos i want a new sofa, my lower back and hips are constantly aching and im finding it so uncomfy... so im off to buy a new sofa at the weekend... its been proven a medical necessity!!!

• What vitamins do u girls take? xx

• I am just taking iron tablets (as I'm a vegetarian) and folic acid image
  • I'm taking Zita Wests vital dha, vita fem and vita fem boost. X
  • I've been taking pregnacare although I think I'll probably switch to just folic acid when these run out. Well just sitting here waiting for af to turn up now so I can get started. Hubby's SA is a week today and then we're off on holiday, so should be nice and relaxing and with any luck we'll come back with a bean on board!