Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid Thread... Lets All Share And Stay Positive :)

Replies

• well i have folical tracking tomorrow :/ very nervous fingers crossed i have some good sized eggs image xx

• Good luck dannii, hope the 100mg clomid has worked better for you. Whereabouts in your cycle are you?
  • Thanks andi im on Cd 11 tomorrow how are u getting on xx
  • Well AF has just made an unwanted appearance... On CD28 image On the plus side, at least I know clomid has made me ovulate! So now looking forward to trying again next month but not looking forward to the next cycle of clomid and the night sweats...x
  • Well produced like 20 eggs but my biggest one is 10mm and it has to be 16mm hope it grows some more i am on cd11 today :-\
  • What day do you usually ov on dannii? Are they just monitoring your ov?
  • all different my cycle is all over there place i ovulated cd16 last month i am just praying that they mature some more :/

• Hi girls! i've been off the pill for nearly two and a half years now, my cylces were very unregular, being that i had one period in about a year. They then started to become regular after i had my first natural one, but are now becoming more and more unregular again, around 6 weeks at the moment. I have been going to see a consultant who have said they think i have polycystic ovaries. I am not overweight, if anything on the slim side and am waiting for my results of more tests in July. My consultant said if my results come back how they expect they will perscribe me Clomid, however if my periods are starting to become less regular will this work for me? 
    I am taking pregcare conception and my partner is taking wellman.

Any advice would be grateful image xx 

• so went back to the hospital today for another folical tracking and one of my eggs have grown up to 17mm in just 1.5 days very excited image

• That's good news dannii, so will they keep you on 100mg of clomid if that's working better?
  • Karla, I have unexplained fertility although my test results didn't completely rule our PCOS they weren't happy to diagnose this. I also had very irregular periods after coming off the pill - only 1 in 9 months - so Dr prescribed me norethisterone to induce a period (which worked) so I could then start taking Clomid on CD3-7. The clomid also worked by making me ovulate... We didn't conceive on the first cycle of it and it resulted in a 28 day cycle with a period on day 28. I started the second cycle last night so crossing fingers that we will be successful this time!
  • Yer andi they are gunna keep me on them but i hope it works this month image How are u getting on?
  • Day 1 of my clomid adventure has begun. Af arrived yesterday. Doc said day 2-5 for me. Feeling nervous now the time has come. Got two sessions of reflexology this week too. When did you all start feeling the side effects from them. Was it straight away or after a few days? Did they last all cycle or just whilst taking tablets?
  • Hi ela, good luck starting clomid. I noticed some mild side effects after a about cd 5-6, then nothing else until build up to ov. I'm confused this cycle, my temps are all over the place. Ov hasn't shown up on my graph yet! Even though I've had a positve opk and cm has definitely changed, and the ov pain has stopped! Oh well
  • Thanks andi, that doesn't sound too bad. I've just been told to use ov sticks. Hope the ov stick was right got my fingers crossed for you x
  • Thanks Chezza, I have not been told that i need anything to help me have regular periods as i do get them, but they can vary from 4weeks to 6weeks, do you think i will need anything? They started becoming 4weeks and 1 day so pretty much spot on, however it is now 6 weeks ansd nothing. I am just worried that if i don't get given anything to help my periods, when will i know to take the clomid. As if things aren't stressful enough! It's just a waiting game for me now though until the end of July for my appointment with my consultant so hopefully things sort themselves out by then!

Fingers crossed for you hun! Let me know how you get on! 

When you take the Clomid, do you have to go back for checkups or anything?

xx

• I don't know what your doctor will suggest but I would guess they may say to wait until your period turns up and then start taking clomid (this will hopefully regulate your cycles and make you ovulate) but if you go for a long time (or haven't had one from now until July) they may give you something to force a bleed so you can begin clomid. I currently live abroad and the doctor here does not monitor me as much as I know some do in the uk. I know girls who have to go for day 21 blood tests to see if they've ovulated or even for scan to see if there any developing follicles. My doc however, just says for me to go in if I get any bad pains, sickness, etc etc and other than that I'm to give it 4 months on clomid.
  • ... Which I've also heard some uk docs do too so I guess everyone's different.x
  • Yeah i'm going to wait and see how my periods go, hopefully they will sort themselves out! it just seems so much waiting around. Yeah i have heard some people go for scans, i have had afew day 21 blood tests before, so maybe i'll have to hav them done again, will just have to wait and see! 

Well good luck for you this month, look forward to hearing how you get on! Fingers crossed image xx