Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid Thread... Lets All Share And Stay Positive :)

Replies

• Hi, I'm new to the site and thought I'd share my Clomid experience with you all. At 35, after years of trying with unexplained fertility I was prescribed (Pergotine) Clomid. I lived in Sweden at the time. My consultant advised taking it day 5-9. I was sooo grateful and fortunate to fall pregnant the first cycle. I now have a beautiful wee girl. We then moved back to the UK where we had to start the whole process over again. After finally being prescribed Clomid again, this time Dr advised taking it 2-6. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I went back to my Swedish consultants advice and next cycle took it day 5-9. BFP. We are now coming up 20 weeks. Stay strong ladies. This can be a truly miraculous drug. Xxx
  • Thanks for that KiwiGirl, it really gives us a boost of positivity when feeling down about ttc and clomid!x
  • Hi ladies, how is everyone doing? I finally had ov confirmed on fertility friend, on the date I thought so pleased we didn't miss it! Also we went to a fertility clinic open eve on Monday, which was interesting. Hubs was a lot more positive about the treatments available as he used to say he wouldn't want consider Ivf etc. I've also just received my follow up appointment with the hospital at the end of June. Not sure if they will suggest higher dosage of clomid or say that's it???
  • Hi girls, I'm currently on CD9 of second round of clomid (50mg). Last months I suffered terrible side effects and then aches and pains in ovary area from day 7 until ovulation. However, this time I'm feeling nothing and haven't had any side effects (apart from a few mood swings!) Does anyone know if this is normal? I'm worrying that it's because it's not working this time around.... Thanks.x
  • The first pregnancy with clomid I called it the Devil Pill. Moods were HORRENDOUS! Aches and pains in the ovary area... Second pregnancy I took the pill at night and I had no symptoms at all! All the very very best baby dust x
  • Chezza, this is my 2nd month and I haven't found the side effects as bad, I'm just hoping af won't be as horrendous as last month!
  • It's the weekend ladies! Yippee enjoy! Hopefully it won't pass too quickly and someone will discover and share the secret of stopping time to makes it last a little longer... We can live in hope!

I took my last clomid last night. On day 7. Have started with the ov tests, got 45... also ordered some Pre-seed. Feel like its going to be a long week until my usual ovulation date. Feel quite nervous about it all again, which is daft.

My hubby's just got a new job, starts in 3 months and he'll be off to Spain for the best part of 6 months minimum, so this first three months of clomid is going to be quite significant, just hoping if works for us before he has to go to Spain.

How are you all doing?
  • Hi ladies,

hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend?

I've had to work it all so absolutely exhausted and can't wait for my day off ( few more days to get through yet!)

Ele09, hope you get your bfp in the next few months. Will your hubs get to come back often?
  • Hi All, just a little message to say keep the faith, hope is always there, even in the darkest hours image

I was TTC for 3 years and then put on Clomid, on my 11 moth of 50mg (don't recall the days) I got my BFP and my LO is nearly two and I am PG with my second.  Second time round I conceived without even 'trying' but I remember just how hard it was so sending lots of hugs and hope your way image

• Well, onto 3rd month of clomid now! Af arrived this morning.
  • This is my first month on clomid and have been taking it for three days. I only have one ovary and don't seem to ever ov but I do have regular AF - last month my D21 Prog was 13.5. Anyone else here have reg AF but not ovulate? The consultant seemed to think that was quite unusual and seemed hopeful Clomid would work for me.

Only thing is that last month I had a few cysts on my ovary and apparently clomid can make them worse (they've gone this cycle but worried they may come back). Anyone else taken clomid with ovarian cysts?

Excited and nervous. Fingers crossed

XXX

• Get my progestrone results to dead nervous as this is my 5th cycle but my first one at 100mg

Hope you girls are good image

Xx
  • Thanks Kiwigirl that does give me hope I have had several mischarges but do have a 11 yr old I have been on clomid for 4 mths know and nothing I have 50g I take them 2 to 6 x I think I may try different days next mth can't do no harm ! Do u ask to change days or just did it ? How longer are yr cycles ?? X

Froggy123

I have endimitriuos in my left ova don't ovulate every mth I also have 2 blood tumours on my womb I should be shot really lol xx

Gd luck x
  • Sorry thought I had posted this first lol

Hi I am Jane I am 41 and have a 11 yr old daughter from previous marriage I have had 7 mc over a period of time first 1 at 19 last one at 34

I am about to get married again to my lovely hubby dave we have been trying for 2 years know I have been on clomid for 4 mths but feel my time is running out xx

Gd luck ladies
  • Sorry ladies on my phone so spelling is bad lol x
  • Hi ladies,

Can I join? I've been reading through all your stories.

I'm 30 and hubby is 31, we've been trying for 11 months for number 2. I have a daughter who will be 3 in October. We went to the doctors this morning and have been prescribed clomid to start in the next cycle. I'm due af 10th June. She has told us to take it from cycle day 5-10. When my daughter was born my thyroid went underactive and I haven't had really regular periods and def not ov every month. Worried about the heavy periods that come with clomid as mines can be really heavy as it is. Really hoping this works for us all xx
  • hiya ladies image

got my 21day bloods and they where 41 image xx

• That's brilliant news Dannii21. You must be very pleased

I've got pretty sharp pains in my side since I've been taking it (on the side where I have an ovary) has anyone else had discomfort while taking it - what does it mean?

• I've had lots of pain in my right side and a little pain on my left, much stronger on my right side than usual never have anything on the left. Hoping it is a good sign. Just got my smiley face on my opk. Fingers crossed x
  • Fingers crossed! Looking forward to doing an OPK this month and hopefully getting a positive result! I am going in for a scan on Thursday (day 12) to look for ripening folicles, worried/frightened/excited!