Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid Thread... Lets All Share And Stay Positive :)

Replies

• Thanks froggy, yes two months before he stats new job. Think I probably feel worse having listened to my sis in laws birth story for the 100th time yesterday. I love my niece to bits and are so happy for them but...

Thanks froggy x
  • I know how you feel. My sister keeps saying things like "when you have a baby you'll this and you'll that". I know she is trying to be positive for me but I just want to scream "what baby and when am I having it!!!". People who are not experiencing it just have no idea what it's like!

• Completely agree! X
  • Went for a day 19 scan today and it showed the two follicles still there so no ovulation this month. But I got a positive OPK on day 13...confused.com - anyone have any experience with that?

Nurse said that one of the follicles looked like it was deflating today so I might be ovulating today/tomorrow but my cycle is normally 28 days so I am totally confused...

• Very confusing froggy x
  • Hi all,

Well for now we're still on the Clomid train. I saw the consultant on Thursday and he says I have pcos. The scan showed plenty of eggs and pcos aside good looking young ovaries, so that's good. On norethisterone again and will be starting 100mg once af arrives. I'm also having an hsg this cycle to check my tubes are clear, but as long as they can get me to ovulate then we should be good and hubby's results are not really a problem. I think I might pay for some follicle tracking scans this time, so I at least know if it's doing the job.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx
  • Hi all ,

me an my partner have been trying for over 2 years we finally went to the fertilty clinic where my bloods were taken and a scan on my overies which came back clear my partners sperm was average haha bit like him joke ,i then has the HSG now ladies a bit of advice make sure you have the highest pain killer available 20mins prior as this procedure really hurts im sorry to say and dont go bk to work either i was in so much pain the cramping was awful and lasted all day n night and the next day i was still uncomforable so go prepared not like me.hot water bottle eases it.i am in my first phase of clomid now had my last tablet to day and go for my scan to see if there doing the job on 14th june so fingers crossed .can i ask or am i being a complete weirdo is anyone else obsessed with pregnancy and baby stuff im cutting out baby mags info hints n tips and is producing a scrap book with wish list ect or is that just me haha x

• Hows everyone doing?

Well haven't picked up ov with opks this cycle but was quite lazy with them. Fertility friend has plotted ov as cd 16 which I hope is correct as we only dtd cd16 and 14. Have been rediculously tired and over worked!

Lauralouiseburns, sorry to hear you found the hsg that bad, I think I went expecting it to be painful then was surprised it wasnt as bad as I thought. I'm defifinatly finding it hard to think of anything other than getting pg.

Ele09, hope your feeling a bit better hun xx
  • I am thanks Andi, just taken my first clomid of this cycle. AF finally arrived yesterday afternoon, I've had pains (very strong) since Friday and had a tiny bit of spotting on say night but then nothing until mid afternoon yesterday, so counted that as day 1.

I had a bad hsg experience too. I had been for warned so took the day off work and had take ln the ibuprofen 45 mins before. The procedure it's self was fine but about an hour later I was in agony, it was so painful I cried and cried. I ended up on cocodamol and ibuprofen for around 36 hours. I also had side effects for about 10 days after, I had a reaction to the due and ended up back at my gps a week after the procedure.

Good luck everyone. X
  • Hi - noticed this thread when found this site when searching for something else and felt had to post - I have two children 7 and nearly 4.  I was diagnosed 2002 with PCOS when came off pill and no periods gave cause for alarm and had ultrasound.  I did have 6 cycles of clomid which did give me some of the side effects mentioned including bad dreams - it did not work for me initially tho who knows why.  For those of you with PCOS you wil prob know that it is linked with diabetes and insulin resistance.  For that reason a drug called metformin is also often used to induce ovulation as it can have a postiive effect on insulin/glucose balance and therefore ovulation - i conceived within a few months after trying for a baby for 18months and this was once had finished 6 months cycle of clomid !  I took it with no clomid when I wanted to get pregnant again  with my daughter and was preg in 3 months!!! None of you have mentioned this on here particularly those with PCOS, whilst the drug isnt "licenced" for fertility it is used widely and there are plenty of studies about it - one exert is as below from the following website - just do some other googling to get more info - there is a lot of evidence and if your docs are not discussing this option with you then raise it with them xxxx

http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/NeLM-Area/Evidence/Medicines-Q--A/What-effect-does-metformin-have-on-anovulation-pregnancy-and-live-birth-rates-in-women-with-polycystic-ovary-syndrome/

A large metaanalysis concluded that monotherapy with metformin is significantly more effective than placebo at improving the ovulation rate in women with PCOS. More recently, a Cochrane review concluded that although clomifene is more effective at improving ovulation rates than metformin, adding metformin to clomifene therapy significantly improves ovulation rates, particularly in clomifene-resistant patients.

• A friend of mine took that for three months (she was due to start clomid too the following months) she never got that far. After two years of trying, 3 months on it and she got her bfp!
  • Hey ladies I was just wondering how people found the 2nd cycle of clomid? I've just finished taking my tablets for the 2nd cycle and have had no side effects this time, not complaining but just wondered if this was normal?
  • Very low day 21 progesterone results (even lower than the month when I wasn't taking anything). So, dose is upped to 100mg now and started to take it yesterday.  

The thing I am really struggling with is the time out of work to attend scans, my boss isn't fully aware of what's going on - she knows it's a gynae problem. I am trying for promotion so I don't want to be announcing my intention to get pregnant. 

How does everyone else cope with the time out from work? What are you telling your bosses?

Elo09, did you have side effects the first time?

Good luck and lots of babydust. Stay positive everyone - maybe this will be our month! 

Froggy x 

• Hi all,

I'm due tomorrow to start my first cycle of clomid, feeling slightly nervous about it and I'm not sure why! I am going to take it just before I go to bed and see if I can avoid the worst of the side effects.

Good Luck everybody xxxxx

• I had lots of side effects last time froggy, night sweats, vivid dreams also dizziness. This time nothing at all, will be interesting to see if I get the pains I had last time around ovulation time, never had pain before around ovulation so was quite surprised. My period was also heavier and lasted longer so myst have had some effect last month. Im suppose to be having day 21 bloods on month three, I may go this month though, as we may now be away on day 21 month 3.

When will they check your levels again froggy? Are they doing it every month?

Rosapenny I felt the same on my first month. Good luck!
  • Good luck Rosapenny!

Elo09 they will check my levels and do three or so ultrasounds for each cycle until they have proved that ovulation took place. When they're happy it's working I'll be off on my own for a couple of months. 

I didn't ovulate on 50mg so the dose is increased this time 

Can you get your day 21 bloods done somewhere different from your normal hospital so you know if it worked?

Froggy 

• We're off on holiday abroad froggy. The doc wanted me to have day 21 bloods on month 3 (last month of initial prescription of clomid) so may just have them done month 2 instead.

Sounds like you're been monitored really closely, no wonder you're struggling to explain the time off to your seniors at work. It's very hard because its a personal thing.

I made the decision to tell my boss, advice from my dad because he said it would be easier to tell her now than if there were more problems in the future. She was also asking lots of questions (which she shouldn't have done) I wish now I'd stood up to her and told her that my hospital appointments were a private matter and all she needed to know was the time, date and likely duration of my appointment (I'm a teacher so cover is needed) Her lack of discretion means all my colleagues had to be told because she would put things in the communal diary, like Ele having scan, Ele having bloods. Ele hospital appointment. Now whilst she needed to know I had a hospital appointment (unavoidable appointment) she didn't need to tell everyone else where I was and why! I had colleagues asking me if I was preg and some worried it was something more serious like cancer, after she put MRI etc on.

I was unfortunate, she is leaving in four weeks and the new head taking over is a good friend of mine, I had to tell him my circumstances a few months ago because I didn't want him to hear from anyone else (like outlet current indiscreet head). I know if it had been him in charge my confidence would have been kept. Anyway all done now, it does mean though tht hen I'm having time off now for appointments, no one asks me awkward questions. The only people that ask are genuinely interested because they're good friends.
  • Elo, I'm so sorry you'v had such a tough time at work, really sorry about that. Hope you get much better support from your new head. It must be very difficult to get time off especially when teaching with class cover and everything. Hope it works soon for you.

I think I am quite lucky with the monitoring, the clinic I am at has a really good reputation and they do a lot of tests for each cycle. It's obviously bad for work with all the appts but good and reassuring from the TTC point of view.

How are all the other clomid ladies doing? Hoping for some BFPs on this thread this month!

Froggy x 

• Hiya ladies hope your all getting on ok image

well i got my blood results back today and they were 61.5 i am very excited but dont no what to make of it

Anyone got there BFP yet image

Dannii

xxx

• Hi ladies.

Dannii, glad your bloods came back good.

Just an update from me;

I'm no longer on clomid, I hated it and fertility special said there is no point me being on it as I ov fine. She said that my hsg showed up smal fibroids but she doesn't think it has any effect on ttc, and was going to send me on my merry way. I had to have a bit of a disagreement and insisted that they do further investigations. So in next couple of months I'm going in for an examination to see if it can be treated.

I'm so fed up with living in limbo, so we are stopping that. We've bought a house, I now have something to distract me from ttc! I've thrown the rest of my ov tests away. And we are going to try and not think of babies.

Good luck to you all. I will be popping in to see how everyone's getting on though xx