Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any IUI expereinces and success stories?

Hi ladies just wondering if anyone has been through IUI and what their experiences were, also any success stories with it?

We have been referred for IUI treatment and should be starting it soon.

Replies

• Hi kelbel I haven't got any experience of IUI yet but I'm beginning this cycle. I've got my first scan on Tuesday ekkk! Can't wait to finally try something that will hopefully result in a BFP (fingers crossed). When do u think u will b starting? Hope u don't mind me asking but how long have u been ttc? We've been ttc for 21 months so far xx
  • Hi loopy thankyou for your reply.

We've been trying 'officially' since october 2010 but unofficially since june 2010. So not much different to yourself.

We have our information session on Thursday so I think we can start pretty much straight away when my nxt cycle begins. Good luck with everything and I really hope it works out for you. Its nice to be in contact with someone who will be going through the same sort of thing at the same time.

Keep me updated x
  • Kelbel good luck with the IUI hun, I hope all goes well for u.

I had my 1st scan on Monday which was all ok so started my first injection last night. Ive got to have two injections each night now and then back for a scan on Monday. I'm hoping and praying that we'll have some luck.

If u have any questions just ask it's a lot to take in the first time x
  • Thanks loopy, i really hope it goes well for you too, and you are so right, it is a lot to take in.

We had our information session today with the nurse. I have to have another blood test on day 2-4 of my cycle before we begin and we're away beginning of may, so we're waiting until the end of may before we start.

• Hi girls,

Just thought I would reply with my positive story.

We had been ttc for 2 and a half years - unexplained infertility. We had IUI in sept last yr and I am now 31 weeks pregnant!!!

So never give up hope girls, I too was very pessimistic about iui working as the success rates are so low, and honestly thought I would never get pregnant, not even a whiff of a BFF in that time, plus I'm an oldie so the odds were stacked against me!

Good luck girls and I will keep popping back to check on you!!

Xx
  • Hi there girlies,

my hubby and i have been ttc for nearly two years now, unexplained infirtility and 5 misscarriages later,,,, although i have a 6 year old girl.. conceived on the pill!! we are desperate for another baby now.... i am very scepetical bout the procedure, but i am releived there are other women going through the same x 

• I just wanted to tell you that IUI definitely works I got my BFP on monday on our first attempt! Can't believe it in utter shock but over the moon.

Sending you lots of luck  x

• Hi Loopy,

Sorry for the late response I havent been on here for a while. I am so so pleased for you. That is fantastic news. Hope it all goes ok for you, im sure it will. Keep me posted. Hopefully I will be able to post the same success story in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

x

• Kelbel it won't b long until you begin now Hun wishing u the best of luck for your IUI. We were totally shocked and over the moon that it worked 1st time image just so anxious now for our early scan I'm hoping and praying that everything is ok. It's hard not to worry when you've been through so much. time seems to be going so slow since we got our BFP. Hopefully I'll b able to relax a bit more after the scan. Xxx
  • When is your 1st scan Loopy? Let me know how it goes.

Just out of interest, how did you find the IUI? Did you have any side affects to the drugs. I start taking the Nor... something or other (cant remember the full name) on Sunday. This is supposed to bring on my period at the right time to enable to me to start taking the other drugs at the right time. All very confusing isnt it x

• Hi Kelebel2901 our 1st scan is on the 28th May so 10 days and counting image I'll let you know how we get on.

I found the IUI ok tbh hun. I was taking suprecur and gonal f injections, the only trouble I had was bloating and constipation (sorry if too much info). I didn't take anything to bring on my period I just had to wait for AF to arrive and then call the clinic. Good luck I bet you can't wait to get started.

Any questions feel free to ask, I think I ask a million and on when I was just getting started x

• Hi Loopy, Just wondering how your scan went? ok i hope x

• kelbel the 1st scan went great thanks hun we say the heart beating away it was amazing!!! It's starting to feel more real now.

How did you IUI go? X
  • Hi, MrsB, have you changed your name?

How are you going? ok i hope x

I went for my 11 day scan on Tuesday and it it turned out I had 9 follicles. The nurse said I have reacted too well the the drugs and am too fertile, so they wont go ahead with the procedure this month. I felt so disappointed i nearly cried infront of the nurse image, I'll have to start again nxt month but they will reduce the dosage of the drugs I take. Fingers crossed it goes better nxt time x

• Hi kelbel so sorry for the late reply I've been having trouble getting on the site. Yes I have changed my name (long story) lol!

So sorry to hear that you had 9 follicles, that was a worry for me too as I had 5 at one stage but they put me on a very low dose and it took me 30 days to be ready for the IUI but definitely think the slow approach is better rather than to risk having is abandoned. When I was reading up before my IUI a lot of ladies said to look at the first one as a trial at least now they know how your body responds so that next time they can get the dose smack on. When are u starting again??

I'm ok thanks I had my 12 week scan on Thursday and everything is looking great. So nice to be over the 12 week mark as you can't help worrying.

Good luck for next time keep me posted x

• Hi Mrs B, Really glad 12 week scan was ok. Time has gone so quick since you announced your bfp, cant believe its been 12 weeks already. I bet it seems even more real now?

Im going for an 11 day scan on Monday so I am hoping and praying that all is ok so we can go ahead this month. Ive only taken the clomid this time so hopefully will not have too many follicles. I couldnt bear to be disappointed again.

Take care

x

• kelbel2901 it seemed to go really slow in the beginning because I was wishing the days away to get to 12 weeks but things seem to be speeding up now I suppose its because the scans have put my mind at ease a little.

Wishing you the very best of luck for this month hun let me know how you get on x

• Hi Mrs B,

Hope you are well.

I had my iui today, but came away slightly disappointed image. It started off well... I had 3 good sized follicles and DH's sample was good, but the nurse had trouble getting the catheter through my cervix, she said I have '2 doors' so to speak. I have no idea whether that is normal or common. I did have a feeling that there would be trouble because I couldnt have to hycosy test because of the same problem, so had to have a laparoscopy. So anyway, to reduce anymore trauma she decided to implant the sample inbetween the '2 doors' (those were her words). She said its not the ideal place, but it is further than it would normally get. So I can still be hopeful. I realise now that this is prob the reason that I havent become pregnant so far although they havent said that in so many words. I have been researching and i think I may have a posterior cervix. I have to wait the agonising 2 weeks now, but the nurse said that if it doesnt work this time, then next attempt will be done in theatre where they have better equipment to be able to get round it. I was wondering why they didnt do that this time as they wouldve known the problems I had with the hycosy. I shouldve asked really at the time. But ha ho, it is what it is, im still gonna try stay positive x

• Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a fertility treatment that involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization. The goal of IUI is to increase the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes and subsequently increase the chance of fertilization.IUI provides the sperm a run but sperm has to reach itself on its own. We offer best IUI treatment in Hyderabad.

http://hyderabadfertility.com/iui-treatment-cost-hyderabad.html

• Hi! We passed rounds IUI with our previous clinic. Unfortunately they brought no result in our case. One cancelled because of cycts. Others - BFN. We had to move forward to ivf with oe. Currently getting ready for egg donation. I guess IUI option was chosen unappropriately for us, that's makes difference. If it's going about egg quality what's the use of IUIs..