Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC 6years, due for IVF, miraculously found out i was pregnant (w/o IVF!)

Hello All - I posted this to to welcome section but thought i'd put this on this forum too as some positive news for others in the same position....

New to this forum today and wanted to introduce myself!

My husband and I have been TTC for nearly 6 years. I have PCOS and have been prescribed in the past metformin and chlomid with no luck. Ended up having ovarian drilling last October and that didn't appear to work. Have now been referred for IVF and went to the first seminar last week.

I had been feeling 'weird' though for a few weeks - very tender breasts and bloating so did 2 asda home pregnancy tests - one was negative and one didn't work Knew I was being optimistic but as breasts are getting even more tender I 'splashed' out on a first response test and it was positive!!! Now going for early scan on Thursday!

I just feel so anxious and confused and excited and argh! Just want to get to the scan so they can tell me more!

Anyway, that is my story - oh also, meant to be going back to hospital on sunday for next IVF meeting (not treatment) and dont know what to do as dont want to lose my space if I'm not 'lucky' on this occasion, but dont want to lead them on either.

Anyway, look forward to 'meeting' you all on here

Sxxxxxx

Replies

• Thats wonderful news. Congratulations.

Thank you so much for sharing it helps to keep us all positive. It's been 18 months for us so far so still not a ridiculous time so your story will keep me going image
  • Congratulations that is lovely news!
  • I am so over the moon for you, I wish you and your husband a happy and healthy 9 months and that if you want more babies they will be easier to conceive after this miracle baby too.xx
  • Ah thanks for all your lovely messages!

I really do hope this gives hope to everyone else that may be in the same or similar situations. It is very early days for us and every day is a living panic / worry etc for me and I'm also in shock that it's even happened image

Going for yet another scan (I dont mind, i think I'd rather live in the hospital for 9 months so they can keep an eye on us!) on Thursday as will hopefully find a heart beat (please oh please).

If I can help anyone, please contact me. I've had that many tests, treatments, months of waiting etc like I'm sure mostof us have ....xx :cry:

x image
  • Wonderful news- similar to my story, but we were "only" 3 years!! (doesn't sound much compared to 6, though!). I was convinced ovarian drilling hadn't worked for me, as I had ovulated on clomid and after ov drilling and still wasn't pregnant. So we had an appointment with a private clinic for IVF- I was sure there was something else going on that was stopping me concieving. Found out I was pregnant before the 2nd consultant appointment (we'd only paid out ??95 for blood tests, fortunately!!)

I explained everything to the fertility clinic and they were happy to keep my appointments until I reached the 12 week mark and was confident in cancelling them, so I would just be honest. I don't believe in tempting fate, but when it comes to your baby, you don't risk anything!! xx
  • Hello all

Just thought I'd update with news that last Thursday they found a heart beat! yay! I know it's still early days but I feel 'slightly' more confident now they've found that. Go back again in 6 days - argh I want to go every day just so they can confirm 'they're' still in there! image

WindyMilleruk1 - so pleased for your news too! When are you due? My clinic told me to concentrate on this pregnancy and then contact them if things dont work out.

Still feels weird saying I'm pregnant! can't get my head around it!

Sxxxx
  • Hello All

If anyone is interested, I went for my scan on monday - they couldn't find a heart beat.  They said it could still be too small (but they saw one th week before) and that i should go back in a week.  They said there is a chance but you know when you know its not going to be good news, well i just know.  I haven't have any bleeding or cramping.....  but have heard this can happen too.

Anyway, i just feel so desperate.  On a separate note, my cat died yesterday.  I just feel like this has been the worst week of my life and dont know what to do with myself.

Sorry, not looking for sympathy, just thought that sharing this might make me feel 'better'?!.....

Hope everyone is well?

Sxxximage

• Hello FloAnt

Thanks for your message - means a lot.  They've called me in for a scan today as they didn't want me to wait all weekend not knowing.  I've prepared myself and hubby (as much as you can) for the worst and will see what happens and report back.

xx

• just an update for anyone who's been reading.  had scan today and they confirmed my worst fears that my embryo has died and I am suffering a miscarriage..... 

Devastated..... think I need join the miscarriage forum too now

Happy weekends everyone xxx

• Couldn't read and run, just wanted to say I'm so sorry, after trying for so long you must be heart broken, life can be so unfair. Look after yourself and do whatever you need to do to get through it, I hope you've got lots of people to look after you xxx
  • hey sweetie, didn't want to r& r. awwwww hunny i'm so sorry for you. you've had quite a week haven't you. i'm sending you a huge hug. like magpie says i hope you have people looking after you and do what you need to to get through this. take care lovely xxxx

• I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and I really feel for you.  I've also just had IVF and went for my first scan only to be told I've had a bio chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage).  I know how lost you must be feeling right now. 

Sending you a huge hug. xx

• hi schmoohflo

i read your initial message on the live feed after you'd written it - should have said congrats but got sidetracked - so sorry to hear today that you were so close to what you've waited so long for, and that this has cruelly happened.

I don't have much to add as i don't know a lot about fertility problems but just couldnt read and run image the only thing i have heard is that your body can be fertile after pregnancy - i know another pregnancy won't take away the grief of losing this one but i hope so much you get there again soon.  xx

• Thanks all for all your supportive messages - I feel bad that I dont know all your 'personal situations' but you have all been helping me - thanks image

I am now booked back in at the IVF clinic and will start treatment end of July - have to go back on the pill for 2 months (to have a couple of AFs as they dont always come naturally) which will feel odd after being off it for so long, but feeling optimistic about the treatment.

Thanks again for all your messages image

xxx