Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Low sperm mobility??

Hello ladies. Hubby and I have been ttc for over a year now with no luck whatsoever image We've both been to see doctors, I've had the '21-day' blood test, which didn't show ovulation but not a surprise as my periods average 36 days. Have a follow p appointment with my doctor to discus...... Hubby has had his sperm checked. Apparently he has twice as much sperm as average ( image ) . However, half of the sperm is 'lazy'. Does anyone have any knowledge of his, had any success with this? The reading was 33%, and I think 40% is the norm. Wild really love to hear from anyone else in this situation. Neither of us have discussed this with anyone else yet, but really could do with some advice...... Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options

Hey Loobyloo,
    I'm guessing the GP might ask you to have another 21-day test done, if you've got longer cycles it prob best having this done 7 days before you'd expect AF to arrive.

My husband had severe motility issues on his first analysis, literally 0% moving! He also had a low count and poor morphology too, so its good that your hubs has got plenty of little swimmers, be them a bit on the lazy side!
    My hubs had been to see an andrologist and he said sperm analyses can vary dramatically each time they are done and they regenerate every 3months, so you could find this improves if he has it repeated! If not, all is not lost though, I've had my hubs on Wellman conception vits, as well as high dose VitC (1000mg), VitE(400iu), Zinc (30mg), Pyconogel (60mg) and CoEnzymeQ10 (60mg) and we have seen vast improvememts in both his motility and morphology. His andrologist reccomended the VitC,E and zinc. The rest I've added from googling, but co-enzymeQ10 has been shown to help with motility issues, so might be worth investing in to help speed them up a little!
    Also no hot baths, loose cotton boxers and no-laptops etc might help them too!

Any other questions fire away, as its about 9months ago since hubs first had his results back and I've researched allsorts since then!!