Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tips for Semen Analysis Collection

After a long wait, we have hubby's SA appointment in just over two weeks. The doc gave us the sample pot when he first did the referral two and a half months ago. We were a bit surprised how small it was and had a few concerns about a successful collection. We bought a similar sized pot for a practice and it's been a bit of a disaster by the sounds of it, with half of it missing the pot or coming back out. From what I understand it's important they have the whole ejaculation and I'm really worried that we'll have a problem on the day. Have any of your hubby's mentioned the troubles of collecting their sample and how they managed with these silly small pots? Any comments very much appreciated. image

Replies

• Options
    Hey Dudders, Definitely think they need 'whole' sample as they measure volume and mass that's produced. My hubs was told to collect sample pot from docs and he was just given one of those thin urine sample pots! Hubs didn't mention any probs. When do you find out results? Hope you don't have to wait much longer x
  • Options

They will need the whole sample to give them a true idea of his semen quality.

My hubs was concerned but managed it on the day. Maybe just keep encouraging him to practice then he's more confident on the day?

Good luck and hope all goes welL!