Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gutted

Hello, For those who don't know me, I was diagnosed with PCOS in nov 2008 and got my bfp on 2nd round of clomid in may 2008 and my DS was born feb 2009. I've been off pill since dec with no sign of AF, dr referred me back to clinic and had appointment yesterday. To say it wasn't what I expected was an under statement. Firstly they said I need to sort my PCOS out using metformin as my hormones are all over the place and loose weight, I'm a size 16 and def could do with loosing a few pounds, but didn't think it would be an issue. I was then also to that as I have a child already I'm not eligible for free fertility treatment and would have a pay. I would need to referred again as private patient by my GP and every appointment, drug, scan etc would cost. My GP had not mentioned this at all!! I just don't know what to do now. The weight thing I will concentrate on for next month or so, but I'm desperate to get pregnant, but it's going to be so expensive. Has anyone brought clomid etc online before? Thanks for letting me rant! Jo

Replies

• Sorry to hear this I think it is NHL policy sadly, when we first got referred we had to sign a declaration that neither of us have any children! I think it's extremely unfair to be honest. I wouldnt risk buying clomid online, given that your last pregnancy was on clomid will the go not be willing to prescribe you the same dose as you previously had?
  • I just wanted to say that I understand how your feeling. I'm very lucky to have a 9yr old from a previous relationship. But hubs and I have been trying for nearly year and a half with no luck. Nhs have done the 'basic' tests and prescribed me clomid, for no medical reason, other than its 'all they can do for us'.

Hubs is really annoyed, he feels strongly discriminated against, that the nhs are denying him the ability to father his own child. And I feel guilty and sad as if I'm preventing him from having his own child!

We have been to a fertility clinic open evening but it's clear we would have to pay for everything from repeating all the same blood tests etc. it's unbelievably expensive from ??1000 for iui and ??4000 for ivf.

No wonder so many people struggle to conceive, perhaps the stress and impending costs are enough to hinder us getting those bfps!!!

Sorry for my little rant

Andi xx