Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Babies on the brain 24 - 7

124»

Replies

• Options
    Hi. no i didn't see it. wow that's great news, im so happy for you!!! image I can understand why you'd be worried hopefully things will be different this time. let me know how your doing!! massive congratulation hug!!!! image
  • Options
    Congratulations devon_mummy! Brilliant news!

How are you doing tigerlilly? I am struggling at the mo. a good friend has just told me she is pregnant and I am not looking forward to going back to work after the summer holiday as I know of 2 people who are ttc and one other I suspect is.I just know they I'll have got BFPs over the summer. Also coming up to our 2 year ttc anniversary next month.
  • Options

Hiya,

Aww chicken_soup I am sorry to hear your having a hard time at the moment.  It's not easy when people you have to see all the time are pregnant.  Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think and if they know what you are going through they are sensitive towards you.  It really sucks doesn't it when we have been trying for years and others can do it just like that.  A lady at my clinic told me that everyone has a story and that I shouldn't be jealous of others but sometimes I just can't help it!!!  We went to the zoo at the weekend and I kept seeing people with their babies wishing it was me. 

I'm alright thanks. I'm trying to relax about Thursday (my transfer day) but I'm starting to get nervous! 

Sorry I am not sure if you have told me or not but have you been to the doctors?

Deven_mummy, I hope you are ok and things are going well. 

• Options
    Hi Tigerlilley 1,

Long time no speak. I hope all is ok with you? I've only just been able to bring myself to log back on to this site as the last post from me was to say I had got my BFP. Due to my 3 previous miscarriages the doctor sent me for an early scan at 10 weeks. My man was in Afghanistan at the time so my friend Amy came with me to the scan. I was convinced everything was going to be ok as I'd has no bleeding or signs of blood. They delivered the news however that I had miscarried again. This time I had been pregnant with triplets. I went back a week later to have this confirmed by another scan then returned the next week for a D and C.

I'm undecided as to weather I can face going through it all again so I'm not sure where this leaves me now really.
  • Options

Hi Janey 7,

I've started this post at least 5 times already as I can't find the right words to say. Saying I'm sorry just doesn't seem enough considering what you have been through over the last few months.  I'm sending you a huge hug though and I'm hoping that says it all.  I'm here if you want to talk about things. x 

I'm alright thanks, I finally got my body ready but my last two eggs didn't thaw. The next step for me is keyhole surgery to have my cyst removed and then I can start over in the new year.  

• Options
    Hi tigerlilley and thanks. Yes it's been really crap I have to say. They were really matter if fact about it at the hospital and very unhelpful as to what may have caused it. They just said it was most likely just 'one of those things'. I have an appointment to go and see the fertility doc about it but I don't like him to be honest. He was the man who did the scan and he was really unhelpful and grumpy. I'm going to see my doctor about it before hand to get some info as it seems that unless I already know about things to ask them they don't tell me. It's really strange like they are being cagey or something. I'd say perhaps I was paranoid but my friend Amy who came with me agreed. She said "what is it with these people? They seem reluctant to help or explain anything!" As I say though I'm flitting between wanting to try again and giving up now. I can't bare to say it out loud but I'm not sure I can go through it again.

Hey new year new start for you though! You are so going to get there eventually an it will be worth all you're going through now when you do. Xxx
  • Options

Hi, How was your weekend?

Some doctors can be so insensitive and why is it that they are the ones you have to see the most?!?  Hopefully seeing your doctor will help you figure out what questions you could ask the other guy.  If they can find out why and possibly give you a solution do you think you will feel differently about trying again?  Sorry if thats not a good question to ask.

Thank you, I'm feeling positive at the moment but not sure how long that will last!!! lol I'm going in to have my op on the 16th November and maybe that will answer a few unknown questions for me. image

• Options
    Hi there, good thank you I was at my mums being spoilt image.

Yes if they could give me a solution and whilst there are no real guarantees, some kind of % of it being less likely to happen, I think I would feel differently. I can't see that happening though to be honest. I'll wait and see what he says I suppose.

It's good they are getting on with your op. You can have a good Christmas then crack on in the new year.
  • Options

Hiya, image How are you doing?  Have you seen the doctor?

• Options
    Hi ya, no not yet. 23rd Nov is when I see the grumpy doc at the hospital so I need to see my nice doctor some time before then.

I'm having lunch with my heavily pregnant friend tomorrow. Her baby is due any day now. I'm feeling a bit jealous really. She is about 15 years younger than me mind you.

Not long till your op now!
  • Options
    Hi Tigerlilley,

I've had an unexpected acurrance since I last posted. After my d & c in August it took me 9 weeks to get my AF. This month my cycle got to 6 weeks and I really didn't think anything of it as I just assumed it was the same as last month and was going to take a while. Randomly a couple of nights ago just before going to bed I thought I'd take a test as I had a cheapy morrisons one in my wardrobe. Well, I'm pregnant again! I'm 6 weeks according to my calculations.

Obviously it's very exciting news. I'm trying to be cautious about it and think if it's meant to be it will be. It's crazy how I can go from thinking we probably won't try again (which we havnt, this is literally from a one off, no ovulation sticks or anything) to being back to babies on the brain 24/7.

I've got my appointment to see the grumpy guy at the hospital next Friday and I'm armed with questions I've looked up on the Internet. I'd like to get some hormonal support possibly to support the foetus in early pregnancy. We'll see what he says I guess. What I'm dreading is the scan and him saying the pregnancy hasn't progressed or that there is just a sack or something like that. I've not been able to book for a scan while I'm there next week so I'll have to be referred for one and go back when they can put me into their system.i thought they could just do a quick one while I'm there but that would be too simple. I've spoken to 3 secretaries who act as if I'd asked if Gary Barlow was available to do the scan! I'll just have to wait and get referred for one I suppose.

How did your op go yesterday? Did you have to stay in over night or were you in and out in a day? Has it given you some answers?
  • Options

Oh wow thats great news!!! Least the decision has been taken out of your hands whether you should try again or not.  Hopefully the mean doctor is a lot nicer this time and can answer all your questions.  I would like to think they can give you something to help you in the early stages.  They offer drugs like that in IVF so I don't see why they can't for you.    It must be so annoying for you have to go back for a scan, You'd think for the sake of 5 minutes they could fit you in for peace of mind.  I hope everything goes well and you stay in touch.  I'm keeping everything crossed for you. xxxx

It was quite painful if I'm totally honest but it's settled down now.  I was meant to come out Saturday morning but stayed until about 5 because every time I moved it hurt.  They washed out the cyst and found I've got serve endometriosis on my left.  Which means more injections and another op!!! Boo image

• Options

Hi janey 7,  How are you?  I hope everything is going well.

• Options
    Hello there! Sorry for taking an age to reply! I'm fine thank you.

I've been having fortnightly scans from 8 weeks. I had a bleed at 8 weeks, stomach cramps then a bleed. I was convinced I'd lost it but when I went for my scan 3 days later they said it was fine. I was so shocked to still see that little heart beat on the screen. They then put me on hormone support, Progesterone pesseries. I had to use them every night until I was 14 weeks so last night was my last one.

We haven't really told anyone yet, well I've told a few close friends lol! But mostly we've kept it to ourselves. Dave is away in Afghan for another 9 days so when he gets back we'll probably tell people then.

I'm seeing a friend on Friday who lost her baby at 20 weeks pregnant a year or so ago. I want to tell her personally rather than her just finding out as we have really been there for each other and talked lots about things. I hope she will feel ok about it as I know I've found it hard when friends have been pregnant if I'm honest. I really love seeing her and I don't want her not want to see me because it's too upsetting. Do you know what I mean?

What's the latest with you? Do you know when you might have your operation? Xx
  • Options

I thinking about you the other day!! That great news that they finally gave you something to help and scanned you on a regular basis.  I've been on those pesseries, mess little bu**ers aren't they?!?! lol So when is the little bundle of joy due to arrive? image

I know exactly what you mean, it is hard because you are happy for others but it can be upsetting.  I'm sure she will be delighted for you as you have been through alot too.  I hope it goes well.   

I've not got a date yet for my op, they think it might be the middle of February so in about 4 weeks. Last time I saw the doctor he told me that I am in no position to think about babies/IVF for at least 8-9 months, It could happen naturally in that time but I'm trying not to plan anything.  If it happens it happens but for now I am trying to think of other things and I'm feeling really positive about this year!! image

• Options

you're not crazy, I feel the same way, we've been ttc for 9 months, I am 29 and feel like we're way more ready than a lot of couples that are getting pregnant (like my sister in law, who has depression and anxiety, doesn't work, her husban's lazy and they depend from the gov.) so it does crush me when I hear others get pregnant.

We might start looking into adoption soon to get my mind off of this.