Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st IVF Cycle

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd pop on here to say hello.  I don't often come on here much anymore as I started to get a little crazy about a year ago. 

I'm currently 3 weeks into my 1st IVF cycle and everything seems to be going ok apart from the fact I'm feeling a little bit tired and down.  But this is always how I feel like on a weekend which is weird.  

I seem to be doing OK with the injections although my stimulation drugs seem worse to administer than the Down Regulation ones.

How's everyone else doing?

Love

Butterfly

www.secretbabyblogs.co.uk/home

Replies

• I am now day Day 8 according to my nurse (post ovum retriveval) but Day 5 (post Embryo Transfer at the Cleavage stage).

Had no real symptons so far apart from period like pain & lower back pain, but both of those have started to ease off.

Really can't stop thinking about things though.  Seems like an awfully long time until test day.

Love Butterfly

SecretBabyBlogs

• Hi Butterfly

I had 3 day transfer yesterday, I had a few mild cramping type pains last night but today have had no symptoms at all. I can't win, last night I was worried because of the pains and today I'm worried because I don't have any!!

When is your OTD??

• Hi georgie *waves*

I know what u mean, keep thinking I'm having symptoms, then next minute I'm not!

So confusing!

OTD? Is that test date? Sorry, had all TTC abbreviations down to a T but stayed away for a long while so not offey with the IVF ones!

I test on 16th of July xx
  • Yeah Official Test Date. Mine is 17th!!.

I'm driving myself mental! I've been reading far to much about the symptoms and then convincing myself that I have them!!

Whoever saidthe best way to handle 2WW is to  just chill out and forget about it has never had IVF!!! It's so hard not to get excited one minute and then terrified the next.

Let me know how your symptoms go, I'm hoping I'll feel something tomorrow x

• Hey *butterfly*

was just wondering how you were getting on then I noticed your post lol.

Hope the 16th comes round quickly for you, Ive got everything I can cross crossed for you image sooooooooo exciting!!!!

I absolutely detest the 2ww, Im in the final 1ww and its just killing me....witch could arrive any day....probably wont test till the weekend tho if she keeps away!!

Aw lovely to hear from you, hope you're doing ok image xx

• Morning girls!

Geordie - how anyone could forget abt IVF is beyond me, it's on my mind 24/7. Still nothing so far today! Just taking that as a good sign! Got to think positive!

Bryony - it would appear that it's the dreaded 3ww in IVF, as if the 2ww wasn't bad enough image fingers crossed she stays away, how long u been trying for no2?

In general, BFF just told me shes had a miscarriage image I was so jealous of her & now I couldn't be more sad abt it image I just want to give her a big hug
  • Hey girls,

How are we all today?

I'm day 13 post OR today (day 10 post ET) having a few period pains again today which I'm not sure are a good thing or a bad thing, but other than that nothing more. Still over a week from testing which is driving me mad.  Got a full week at work this week, which is filling me with dread also.  You'd think that I would need it to take my mind off things, but I just can't concentrate properly or want to either.

xx

• Hi Butterfly

Everything is good here, I'm getting a little more chilled out as time goes on. I'm 6dp3dt a whole week down but still got 11 days till I have to ring hosp with result so hanging out as long as possible before I test although I'm not sure I'll be able to wait that long, we'll see.

I think because I haven't had any symptoms it's made it a bit easier to forget about, just going to enjoy the fact that I could be for as long as poss.

Gx

• Hey...starting to get period cramps & spotting ???? I'm so so scared the witch is on her way :'( not sure I can cope with this!

Sorry had to type...get my feelings out, trying to stay positive but its so hard!
  • Hang on in there, not long for us now. Spotting doesn't necessarily mean anything. I was told to carry on with medication if spotting. I'm the opposite to you with same outcome!! I've had no symptoms (I'm 8dp3dt) at all and have a strange feeling that nothing is happening image. The 2WW really is a killer. I've got till 19th before go back to hosp. In a weeks time we'll both wonder what we were so worried about image.

xxx

• Well AF came overnight, feeling numb today, not really sure what to do with myself! Sat at work, in a world of my own ????

Trying to think positive but I just can't, I'm guessing this cycle is now over ????
  • Awww butterfly I'm so sorry for you, this IVF is such a rollercoaster. It's so easy for everyone to say stay positive but in the real world that just does not happen. I think I'll be joining you on Friday, too scared to test as want to hold on to the thought that  I could be for just a few more days. I only get AF every 6 months so even if nothing by next week it will mean nothing.

image awful that you're in work too, trying to concentrate must be so hard for you today. It's worse cos no-one who hasn't been through this rubbish just cannot understand how it messes us up emotionally. Hopefully OH can support you tonight.

xxxxx

• It was a BFN ????
  • Ooops not sure why all the ?'s
  • Hiya

I've been too scared to do test yet! OH has been away all week and he's not home till midnight so might do tomorrow, if I dare!!! I've got a really bad feeling though, they say you know when you're pregnant and I just don't, still no symptoms at all either. Before I was half excited and half terrified, now I'm just terrified!!!

Hope you're ok xxx

• I had a period so it was almost 100% to be a negative. There's always a chance & think positive honey, its always the best way!

I would never have tested early but that's just me, scared of getting my hopes up!

I'm ok, feeling very numb & not that upset! I'm sure there's gonna be an almighty crash at some point :/ just can't keep thinking what if it never happens image
  • I only get AF 3 or 4 times a year normally so just cos I didn't get one today means nothing really.  

It's so hard to be positive, I was ok in first week but second week has just got harder and harder!

Don't think it will never happen, I'm trying to tell myself if it doesn't happen this time then that's just cos that little bean wasn't strong enough and the next one will be, it WILL happen for us, we've waited this long, what's a few more months???

Maybe you need to get upset and get it all out and not bottle it up, I think I'll be in floods, probs blame him, throw things, be completely irrational for a while before I calm down.

I'll let you know outcome, might be Monday though, was going to do in the morning but I keep moving the goal post!! Tomorrow is 15 days post ER so might wait till 15 days Post ET (not that it will make any difference) ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH. I wish he could just do it for me when I wasn't expecting it, like he could just come home tonight and say "I did your test and the result was .................." then I wouldn't have to stress!

xxxxx

• I know it's hard to be positive but it's not over until it's over, so don't give up hope.

Yeah I guess you're right @ 'What's another few months', just hard to think that some times.  I'll be back on my feet again soon & looking forward to holidays, etc & be ready for the next cycle.

I'm still feeling a numb feeling...I've cried so much over the last 3 years, I'm almost immune to it as a coping mechanism.

I'd wait until day 18 post ER, that's when our unit told us to test, then you'll know for sure. I know what you mean.  Just wee in a cup & give it to him image

Good luck xx

• BFN, will do another Monday but I'm pretty sure that's it! image

• Bless ya, I'm so sorry! Is today your actual test day or is that Monday? Xx