Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can't believe it's nearly a year!!!!!!!!

I came off the pill last sept and I can't quite believe it's not happened for us!!

I go back to work after the summer hols in 2 weeks and feel really down that I won't be making an announcement!!image I thought we'd cracked it this month!!

Hubby doesn't even realise how down I am because he's always said "If it happens it happens"! easy to say when you start trying but after a year I'm worrying it will never happen and time is running out for me as I turned 40 in May!!

I really didn't want to have to start down the route of going to docs for tests but not sure what else to do now??!!

sorry to be a downer but you're all so supportive and hubby just has no idea how I feel  each month when af arrives!

hope everyone is well xx

Replies

• Hi,

I've been off contraception for well over 2 years, and I've been ttc for just over a year now. I know how you feel. Each month I feel more and more down about it all. I'm 28, and healthy. The majority of my friends either have a small tribe now, or are announcing their pregnancies and I try to feel happy for them, genuinely I am, but I'm also gutted that it's not me! I was in Waitrose the other day, found myself in the baby aisle and I started crying. It's got that bad. But, it's going to happen for us one day, we just need to keep trying.

Good luck x
  • Thanks for your reply, It is sad when it seems to happen for eveyone else; my cousin got pregnant and they were trying to be careful!! how crazy is that?!!

I put off coming off the pill until we'd had our holiday abroad last Aug, I really wish I'd come off it sooner now!!

I do hope you get your bfp very soon xx

• It's heart breaking, I know! We were trying for 9 months with our son, who is now two and a half. And trying for 7 months this time and my cycle started again today, much to my disgust!

I hope you both get your BFP's soon.

xx
  • Are you doing anything to help with conceiving? I only ask as it took 22 months to conceive DD (we'd had all the tests by this point) and it was only when I invested in a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor that I fell pg (first month of using it). Although I 'thought' I knew my ovulations symptoms I never got my peak on the monitor until a few days later therefore I had been missing the boat each month. I found it took a lot of the stress away as I knew when was best to go for it. I have just conceived again after a year of trying and it was the first month of the monitor again - along with conceive plus and the SMEP method. I'm sure if can't have been a coincicence twice?! Sending lots of luck and baby dust to you. I know all too well how heartbreaking TTC can be for some people -  it will make it all the more special when it happens for you x

• hi ladies, thanks for replying, I've tried to just get in tune with my body like looking out for signs of ov and just tried to be relaxed and just enjoy bd'ing as and when but obviously we're not catching that egg!  I've tried the ov sticks but didn't have much luck and never really got a positive. The monitor does sound good, like you say I may not be ov'ing when I think I am? I bet it's expensive?

I went to docs yesterday as I've had cystitis (sorry tmi) this week and I mentioned we'd been trying for a year so looks like they will be sending me for tests soon!

thanks again xx

• I think you can pick one up for about £60 ish - very cheap if it gets you pregnant! Good luck with the tests xx

• Thanks Lolopop and congratulations! hope you have a H&H 9 months.x

sorry af got you judithchalmers, try not to feel too down!x