Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

LTTTC Success Story....

Hi guys,

I don't recognise many of the names on here anymore (I stopped using BE when it all changed, as it seemed so complicated!).  But I wanted to tell you all my little story, as I alwaysfound the success stories good at keeping my going.

We started ttc in December 2008 and after 1 m/c after 9 months and a further year of infertility, we went through investigations and treatment for pcos, fibroids and some strange scarring on my ovaries (Gynae removed it, so I didn't ask any more about it!).  Finally after numerous rounds of clomid, scans, bloods and finally surgery for pcos etc, we were on the waiting list for IVF and had seen a private clinic about egg-sharing to fast-forward the process.  A few days later, I found out I was pregnant.

It wasn't an easy pregnancy, but I did manage to relax about the chances of things going wrong (perhaps if I'd had an easier pregnancy, I'd have had more time to worry!).  But 32 months after starting ttc, we now have a beautiful daughter who is worth every single moment of heartache and pain.  I truly believe the journey we have been on has helped me appreciate her more.  Its only 2 weeks, but I am still loving every minute!

I wish you all the best of luck, strength and patience to get through the tough times.  I know how easy it is to be convinced that motherhood will never happen to you and I hope this gives you some hope xxx

Replies

• Aw that's a lovely story windymiller, can't believe its gone so quick and now you have your daughter! congrats hun x x x
  • massive congratulations windy miller. ive seen lots of your posts on here and think we might have chatted a bit in the past. so lovely to hear you have your little girl at last.

booey how are you doing? I thought you'd stopped coming on here, glad you decided to come back x

• hi alfie, i pop on from time to time for a nosy image

Yeah am good thanks, we looking at doner egg next year all being well.

How are you doing and your little one? x

• Congratulations Windy!! What did you call her? Glad you popped back, was hoping for an update!
  • hi booey, that must have been a hard decision to come to i know things were up in the air for you last time i spoke to you in terms of the next step. henry turned one last week, he started with a few wobbly drunken steps a few days later. can't believe he is on the verge of being a toddler! im good thank you, back at work 3 days but the balance is nice x

• Oooo, some familiar names!  Glad to hear things are moving forward, Boooey xx

Our little girl is called Sorrel Connie.  She's just woken up for a feed, the little piglet barely stops eating!!

Love to all xx

• Beautiful name! Congratulations again, enjoy every second!
  • Congrats windy!

Idley thought today that you were due around August and thought I'd look in. Also don't come here anymore, partly due to the changes, but also because i don't think I have any thing more to ask, or any positive advice to give.

Best of luck to your family - Sorrel's a lovely name

Kx
  • Hello Windy! Congratulations! Thats fab news! You might not remember me but i was here a lot a while ago. Like most people here i just stopped coming. Maybe because nothing was really happening. So happy for you! Stories like yours give me hope.image

• Congrats, Windymiller!
  • Congratulations Windy, thats fantastic news. I recognise some old names too.  Booey, my egg quality wasn't great either, if you want to PM me for a chat, I'd be happy to chat. 

V xxx

• I recognise all the names, this site was such a massive part of my life!  Thank you for all the good wishes, I know its encourgaung, but difficult to hear about other people getting there.  Although its easier now, I still think infertility has changed me and I'm more judgmental than I used to be.  But I do think its helped me become a better mum (not necessarily better than other mums, just better than the mum I might have been!)

Baby dust to you all xxx