Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No normal sperm

Hi ladies dh did a soerm test after trying now for 14 months and his soerm count was 20 million which the foc said was fine but he said there were no normal sperm? Does anyone know what this means? He has to repeat this as he said it might not have been tested quick enough and he said its nothing to worry about but I am worried!! In the mean time my gynocolgist appointment has come thru, can anyone give me any advice on what will happen at this? Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry about the spelling ha x
  • Options

hmmm that is mean to just say no normal sperm, I am not a gp the only thing I am thinking of is he may be referring to the movement and shape? the motility and the morphology? try not to worry he has sperm in his sample which is the main thing. It can be effected by how long he/you abstained before he gave the sample.

Jo x

• Options
    Hey yeh the doctor just said none were normal he has to do another one next week but I'm ovulating now so will still go for it ????thanks for thr advice that's what I think he meant none were swimming properly x