Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC 18 months - new to this site!

Hi Ladies,

I've just joined this site, looks like there are some good threads and lots of good advise and support. I'm 32, hubby is same age. never been pregnant, TTC for 18 months, bloods normal. scan showed cysts but lap & dye was normal! hubby's tests are all fine. Any of you had this experience? It's getting very frustrating now as seems 'unexplained'! Thank you xx

Replies

• Hello,

I've been ttc for 21 months now, been through all the tests and we are also 'unexplained' which is incredibly frustrating so I know how you feel. We are not entitled to any further treatment from the nhs as I have an 8yr old from a previous relationship. So are going to start saving in the new year for ivf! Never imagined it could get to this.

Have the consultants been helpful? What are they going to try next for you?

Andi xx
  • Hi Andi30, Thanks for your reply. We changed consultants as the first one was very unhelpful and basically told me I was too old (?!!) for him to do much with. The new one was lovely, just had op so waiting to find out what next. Don't know if they will try clomid or just go straight to IVF. So sorry to hear you have to start saving for this, not what you need to add to pressure of trying! 

I don't know how long to wait before trying again after the op, I've read on here you can be more fertile post op and I don't want to miss the ovulation time this month!! Sorry to moan - it's great to hear other experiences! Rosie xx

• Too old!!! So glad you changed docs, mine have all been saying I'm still young, got plenty of time (I'm also 32) but the the funding for nhs ivf is cut off at 34 in my area!

When do you have procedure for the cysts to be removed?
  • Had the op a week ago and healing well. Anxiously waiting for the post every morning to get the hospital letter to go and see the doc again but not arrived as yet. I seem to get very impatient sometimes and then a bit blase at others as it feels like it will never happen, arrgh!! Cut off is 34?? Gosh I thought it was 39 or 40. 34 seems far too young (unless you're seeing my first consultant!!). xx

•  Hi Ladies, i am very new to this site and to forums. So please be gentle lol image.

I am 32 years old and  my partner is 30 (toyboy) we have been ttc for 2 years. I have 2 boys from a previous relationship, and my partner has a son anda daughter from a previous relationship.. We went to see the doc and he did the day 5 and 21 blood tests and it showed  a problem. I was then sent to the hospital for a hsg and it showed that my left tube was blocked... the consultant said she would bookme in to have it removed if need be, i am due to go for the op on 5th nov (iam very scared of needles so not looking forward to being put  to sleep) but hopefully it should go okay and then she is going to start me on clomid because apparently it will help me conceive she sed ??? i know nothing about any of this even though i already have 2 children already. has any1 else been through anything like this and then managed to conceieve....i am so anxious and worried and am desperate for another baby xx