Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what do you do to cheer up after af arrives?

Was on 2nd clomid cycle and I thought i was 3days late but af arrived this morning. Got really upset. Trying to think how i can cheer myself up-what do you do to cheer yourself up after getting af? Really feel like a failure and scared it will never happen for me. Daydream all the time about announcing but only thing i ever seem to announce is disappointment. image

Replies

• Options

Hi Wifey, I'm afraid I feel about as good as you today, (af arrived this morning)image

CD1 is always the worst day I think so the only thing you can do is 'try' to be positive! easier said than done I know!!

I've just joined this thread as have been trying now for 14 months! how about you?

• Options
    I should probably be in here as we have been trying for about a year now although tbh we were only dtd a few times a month but have recently started upping the effort lol.

I'm in a bit of a vicious cycle as when af comes I eat junk food then feel worse as I'm overweight anyway which probably doesnt help ttc. My ds seems to be an expert at distraction tho lol xx
  • Options

I cheered myself up by buying a DAB radio in the end and painting the bathroom!! image

Neighbour has just had a beautiful baby boy, and just trying to hold onto the thought that one day it will be me. I have to stay postive like you say carioke.

Carioke I've been trying since i got married 2 years ago and found out had PCOS last year and finally managed to get reffered to fertility clinic at hospital earlier this year and just started on clomid. So now that i'm "normal" and now ovulating on the drugs, unlike before, really it's only been a couple of months in effect.

Alot of people say that they give up trying and then bam they concieve, whilst I believe this, I'm in the mind set that as long as i can try and de stress and stay positive through my cycle it will happen!

BryonyMcM i know what you mean bout the junk food-I made sure to indulge in a couple glasses of vino on sat and a number of chocolate biscuits too! But i know that it doesn't help!

Baby Dust to you both

xx