Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Chylamadia :(

Ive had chylamadia three times and had PID (pelvic inflamatory disease once), im really scared that it has affected my fertility! has anyone else experienced the same as me and still got pregnant? ive been trying for over a year now.

Replies

• I had it when I was a teenager at 18 and I managed to get pregnant fine with my son... I had antibiotics to clear it up but when they did all the tests they said that you could still tell that I had it in the past, so Im guessing that it has affected you.  Sorry hun x

• I would go see the doctor and they will perform tests on you to check this out, I am not a doctor so can not give you professional advice but this is just from my own experience.   

• do you know how long you had it for hun? well my partner has to do a sperm test before tests are going to be taken out on me, its scaring me so bad that I wont be able to conceive x

• I showed up positive for exposure to chlamydia, although I never knew I had it and didn't have it when they swabbed me.  No way of knowing how long I had it for or when it was.  But I had no lasting effects.  A scan and Hysterosalpinogram (xray with contrast media to check for blockages in tubes) showed my tubes were clear, so even if there was scarring, it didn't affect my tubes.  Good luck xx