Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC with PCOS

Hi all!

I've been trying to conceive for 8 months now. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 17 (I'm nearly 24.) My periods vary, I can be anything from 35 days to 70 days before I have a period, I'm currently on day 63 with no period and I took a test today but it came back negative image It's really getting my down now so I was thinking of going to the doctors to see if I can get any help. I have no idea what to say, where to start so I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or may know what they might suggest? I appreciate everyones responses! XXXXXX

Replies

• Hi Hollirosex,

I've just popped in  to see how folks are getting on.  I was ttc for 3 years with pcos and now I have a beautiful 11 week old baby girl.

Defiitely go to the Drs.  I was initially referred after 9 months ttc.  Its worth getting the ball rolling.  I think the NICE guidelines say people should be referred after 12 months ttc, but if you have complications, it should be earlier.  Its such a long, drawn-out process.  I was lucky that we didn't get as far as IVF.  I concieved after surgery (ovarian drilling), but we tried 4 months of clomid first and had all the tests and investigations.

They also insist you are below 30 BMI, so if you're over that, its worth trying to work on it before hand (although its difficult having pcos!)

Good luck xx