Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Still no period since microgynon.....

Hello....just thort id start this thread off as it would be good to talk to some ladies who are in or have been in a similar situation to me... I came off the pill last august (nearly 6 months ago) i had my break through bleed but since then nothing. I have been back and forward to the doctors who eventually gave me a blood test and evreythin cams back fine. He told me to wait until feb (the 6 month mark) and if nothing changes go back. Im assuming he will give me clomid to kick start ovulation. But what if this doesnt work? Im so frustrated and feel helpless! Ive tried angus castus but that didnt help. I feel like this is driving me abit mad and takin over my life abit! Any1 any advise or experiences? Xxx

Replies

• hiya,

Similar story -stopped microgynon in feb 2012 had withdrawal bleed but then no period visited docs in Aug 2012 hormone tests showed ok so was referred, waited 3 months for appt at gynae who referred me to infertility clinic. meanwhile they gave me provera challenge at start of Dec 2012 to check I could bleed. I did. scanned pelvis for PCOS and was all clear. Infertility clinic appt was on Mon 28 Jan. My first normal period arrived on Sunday night before the appt. Would you believe it?! So now I've to wait for 6 months to see if develops into normal cycle again. I'm pleased periods back as its a step in the right direction, but hope there are no other problems. So I waited a year, which I think is at the top end of the timescale for expecting it back.Hope it arrives for you soon.xxx

• Thanks for your reply....glad it came back for you but yeah sods law the night before ha ha! I went to the docotors last night as ther has been no change with me and hes refferred me for a scan....sp pretty much the same as what happend with u. 3 months is a long time to wait tho isnt it...what part of the countey u in? Im in manchester. I think all this is just a waiting game isnt it....which is hard coz im really bad at bein patient...my otha half is constantley tellin me its not a race haha! Its frustrating aswell coz u have at least 5 friends who have all got pregnant last year and they just came off the pill and got caught within a couple of month! Have u tried angus castus? Supposed to be good fpr regulatong cycles and now u har yours back might help xxx
  • Got some on my lunch break thanks for the tip! I'm in fife, Scotland..12 weeks is standard wait for appt. well....one of my friends has only just conceived after 3 years trying and the other ones have found it a bit easier so its pot luck I think. Let me know how u get on with scan x
  • hi im in a very similar situation as you i came of the pill in nov 2011 had a break thru bleed then a bleed 6 wks later then nothing until nov 2012 when i spotted for a month (have been under doc since june 2012) went to see doc about spoting she put me on noretheststeron however you spell it which halted spotting but break through bleed was hurendous!!!!! while all this has been happening hubby has had 2 sperm tests both fine and ive had bloods all fine!!! being only 28 its all rather scary but i guess its scary at any time!!! im now booked in to see a gyno on 20th of feb which in terrified about but hoping to get anwswers and hopefully clomid!!! i tried angus castus and had no joy but ive read so awesome stories and anything is worth a try!!!

its frustrating and you keep having the converstaion in your heard of when you tell people you are unable to have children but dont give up hope i feel extremly lucky that ive not had to wait for the year of "trying" to concieve but i have learnt through this that you have to keep pushing at the docs and shout the loudest and longest to get heard!!!

i really hope you get your happy ending and bundle of joy very soon xx

• Hi....thats weird i also have my appointment with the gyno on the 20th feb and i also am dreading it but kind of looking forward to it in a weird way coz i just want some answers and then maybe solutions. Its a stressfull time all of this image so have u had any "normal" periods then since being off the pill?Ive just baught some new vitimins called womens health thort id give them a try! Hopefully we'll both get some good news on 20th eh image xxx
  • Hi chelley

no normal periods ever to be honest,the pill was my cure and infact its made everything worse!!

my doc has edged towards pcos but obviously wont say for sure till ive had more tests!

its seriously stressful and the trouble is its not something you talk about all the time and no one can prepare you for the difficulty of ttc you just assume its a given that you can have a baby!!!

fingers crossed for your appointment!! id love to keep in contact and c how you get on as our situations are so similar xx

• Ther are symptons with pcos arnt ther coz ive reserched this coz it was mentioned by my doc aswell..have u had any synotoms to suggest that cud be it? Its very hard image and yeah its nothin sumthin that u talk about with people so u kimnd of keep it bottled up. I had no idea it wud be this hard ttc. Its crushing wen u do tests and ther negative all the time, especially when u kno people who litrally come off the pill and are pregnant within a couple of month!

Do u eva have period like pains wer u think ur gunna get your period then u dont? I do so god knows what that means image

Id love to stay in contact with u image wer the same age aswell. Xxx
  • i looked it up to and i dont have any symptoms other than my irregular cycle but apparently you can still have it with out symptoms!! all very confusing!!

yeah i know what you mean about the period pain feelings you feel gutted but relieved at the same time cos you think tour body has finally kicked in but then it doesnt!!

my best friend came of the pill and was pregnant the following month its so hard to be happy when your tinged with so much jealousy!!!

has your doc given you any ideas other than pcos that might be causing your lack of periods xx

• I was at my best friends babys christening yesterday, that was quite hard even tho im proper pleased for her aswell so i do know what u mean.

Erm no not really to be honest only that the pill does have this effect on some people and hes assured me that its actually quite common....still doesnt really put your mind at rest tho does it! Has yours? i actually remember goin on the pill in the first place tho to regulate my cycles (this was like 10 years ago) so maybe that has sumthin to do with it. Have u eva done the ovulating sticks? I started but then stopped when i kept gettin negative results! Im just counting down the days to the 20th but also really nervous about it aswell. Mixed emotions!! Ive got a bloody cold today!!! Feel awful! Hope ur okay xxx
  • i went on the pill 2years before i got married as i have always had seriously irregular cycles!!

no all the doc has said is not to worry i love it when people say that!!

im hoping the 20th will give me some answers just so scared that its not the answers i want!!! image

aww thats pants bout the cold!!! 

yeah im all good apart from being baby mental!!! xxx

• Was u on microgynon? Haha i kno yeah i luv that one aswell when they say dont worry! Like your not gunna worry about sumthin this serious! The 20th will be here before we know it, only like 2 weekends away so when u say it like that doesnt seem to far haha! Wer abouts u from? Its refreshing to talk to someone with the same problems as me.....men just dont listen the same do they! Lol xx
  • no i was on sumit being with o cant remember what it was called!!

i know im wishing it to hurry up but then im scared as hell what they will find!!!

im near milton keynes how bout you??

xxx

• please dont stress too much. when I came off depo it was 14 months before I had a bleed. it took alot to get a doc to listen i went to 3 different gp before i got referred! after all testss came clear i was eventually sent for internal ultrasound which showed pcos. i was gutted and relieved at the same time, but at least i had an answer.

this was 3 years  ago, my bleeds are still everywhere and we're off to the docs on 14th to see what next step is. my sister in law is the same and i now have a 2 year nephew so   he keeps us positive! 

good luck xxxxxxx

• Hi franks2....thanks for your positive post image i was given provera which i did bleed off once id stopped the medication. Im just hopin that jump starts my body into havin periods natually and ovulating. So hve you bedn ttc for over 3 years then? I dont think people realise how frustrating it actually is. It kinda takes over your life i think xxx
  • it really is frustrating and the want to smack people in the face when they tell you they're preg and fell without even trying is unbearable or when people who have never been through any concieving probs say they understand!!!!! i have found this forum such a big help so stick with it.

we stayed really relaxed for the first year and half then started ov tests and doing everything the books tell you to do became very obsessed and have tried to relax again but its hard so we're off to docs next week to see whats the next step.

have you had any tests done for pcos? dont let docs put you off! i did for too long, in the end i sat in docs office and refused to leave without a refferal! my hospital notes  doc said, "patiant very distressed and demanding gyno ref" didnt even write why! but you have to stay strong, your entitled to all the help available so dont let them tell you otherwise.

i hope you get it all sorted very soon, xxxxxxxx

• Hello ladies, I just wanted to post a little message to say I had the same when I came off cerezette (which I had been on for about 6 months, before that I had been on Mycrogynon for 10 years) and it turned out I had PCOS, I did some research and changed my diet / took vitamins/ upped my exercise and I got my cycles right down to nearly normal length in the end, my hubby had sperm tests during that time and has really low count and reduced motility, we were told we would need IVF but we managed to conceive naturally and my little boy is now 19 months. So please try and keep positive, I know how it feels when you think it will never happen for you and it is so frustrating when something you want so badly takes such a long time, but when it does happen you appreciate every single second so much, good luck xxx

• Hello all, I am brand new and have never posted on anything like this before but I find myself in a very similar aituation to Chelley2. I came off the pill in September , had the usual bleed and then from Oct nothing ( apart from mid nov a couple days spottign) So 6 months now with no period !At first i thought oh ok it may take a little while but now 6 months later its starting to get to me. Mr Dr referred me early Jan due to some problems i had back 8 years ago with irregular bleeding. So this January I had blood tests which she said were all pretty much normal apart from one which showed a slight imbalance in the hormones but nothing that she was overly concerned with as she said it was marginal. I also had an ultrasound scan and dont have polycystic ovarys or anything else in there that would cause concern yet still nothing. I used Ov Sticks in January to see if i was ovulating but gave up as i always had a image face on them so basically i dont even know if i am ovulating or if i am when i am. I keep feeling twinges and sometimes i am convinced I have my period and then when i check i havent. I just want my body to be normal and sort itself out. Everywhere I look at the mo there seems to be pregnant people and babies and i keep thinking will that ever be me image . Good luck to everyone on here with your journeys, would love to see some good news for you all xx

• Hiya jl80, thanks for writing. I used to use ov sticks aswell but like u i stopped coz i was sick of getting a negative result. Was it microgynon you was on? Have u been told whats going to happen next or anyhing? At my last hospital appoinment i was given provera, what this does is induce a period. I think it checks if u can actually bleed. I did 5 days afta stopping it. Since then i still havent had a natural period. Ive just started accupuncture aswell. I had my first appointment last week. I have the attitude that i may aswell try it as nothing else seems to be working!! I also have my next hospital appointent on the 17 april. I really want to walk away with clomid but i dont think they will prescribe it to me so soon. I think that i will need a test to check my fallopian tubes first. Its just such a long drawn out process. Its really frustrating to. I will neva take the pill again!! Xxx
  • Hey Chelley2, thank you for responding. Yes i was on Microgynon.I started my periods late as was almost 16 and when they came they were so irregular i got put on the pill and been on it for 16 years. My Dr didnt seem fazed about my situaion and said its quite normal so just to come back in June but dont think i can wait that long! I think he mentioned Provera as next step. He said he wanted to wait rather than start to treat me as if they treat one thing it may be masking something else so better to let nature take its course within reason which in a way does make sense but on the other hand isnt going to make me a baby soon! It is so frustrating, one of my close friends is pregnant and one of the others has just had a baby and im so happy for them but it still hurts a lot inside everytime i see them. Hope you get on well on the 17th, keep me posted xx

• U kno what i was really late starting my period aswell!! Im sure was 15 nearly 16 and i actually remember starting the pill coz my periods wer so irregular and so was put on the pill to regulate them. Obviously i knew i wudnt just fall into a 28 day cycle but i dont even have a cycle to speak of! I dont even kno if wer ovulating, i dont think we are if wer not having periods. I kno what u mean about people close to you being pregnant. About 5 of my friends are either pregnant or just had a baby. My best friend came of the pill and 3 days lata she fell pregnant!! Some people dont realise how easy they have it and how lucky they are!! Im beginning to think it will be a miracle if eva get pregnant! So r u just gunna wait till june then till u go back to the doc if u havent come on by then? Xx