Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

NEW, Clomid advice?

Replies

• This is my first cycle on clomid. I have had all my tablets for this month, just have to see if it happens! I do feel very positive about it but I don't want to get my hopes up either but it's hard not to.

Ooooo maybe it will be this march u catch on?? Lets hope so! Xx
  • Not to sound like a downer but I got my hopes but to much and am now going on my third round... It's not a miracle drug. Sometimes it just don't work for some ladies but in both your cases I hope it does. I took my pills in the morning and the only thing I got were horrible hot flashes and headaches all three months. Good luck ladies, sending baby dust your way. I'm not getting my hopes up this month. Probably won't work again.
  • I know it's hard to keep positive but you have to try. I don't think I will catch on straight away with it. But I do hope that I will within the 6 month I can be on clomid. Lets hope it works out for all of us. Sending lots of baby dust!!! Xx
  • Thanks Leanne and my fingers are crossed for you too.
  • hopefully this will be my year leanne x

yeah im the same danielle not pinning my hopes on it but trying to stay in a positive mind frame that somethings better than nothing x

baby dust & hugs to you all x

p.s side affects of clomid kicked in not long ago, feeling a bit sicky and dizzy but other than that im fine image x
  • Yeah let's hope so, I am hoping this will be my year too. I just can't seem to shake this feeling off. Not sure if its worrie or not, I guess it's just overwhelming as a whole! It just seems like I just be waiting for it to happen forever!! Xx
  • im the same, think i had convinced myself it was never going to happen i couldnt tskr that feeling everymonth anymore, when i finaly acepted it the doctor pulled this out on me i think im still in shock that it may even be slightly possible im just very overwhelmed with it x
  • Yeah I know what you mean. I'm feeling the same way, even if I just have one child it will be fantastic. I just hope the man in the sky helps me too! X
  • really hope it happens for you leanne x

im on day 2 now of clomid due to take it in an hour, i.got really bad cramps through the night and some shooting pains in where my overies are this morning but not sure if thats the medication or just because im on my period lol!

when is it your supposed to *baby dance* then? im not sure i checked the clomid calculator but not 100% on it because iv not ovulated in so long!x
  • I think it's about 5-10 days after you take it. The thing with me I was on the pill for so long, I think I might have ovulated a few times but I'm not sure myself. I just looked on the clomid calendar, I just have to start and listen to my body and see what it's doing lol. I think the best thing to do is just make love ever other day though the month and hope we get it image xx
  • its really strange but alot of stuff has been happening lately and iv just seemed to loose my sex drive, think its the stress so need to relax and just go with it if its.meant to be it will happen x

i never planned on having kids & when i fell pregnant with my son it was a complete shock as i was on the pill, had a week off as it was making me moody just so happens the one day i had sex that week i fell pregnant! wish it was that easy this time lol

have u had any internals to make sure everythings.working?x
  • I've had a lot of blood work and the dye test and they said that's all fine. Just I'm not ovulating. And I don't have any infections or anything so I don't know. I'm going to see my GP on Friday to talk more about clomid because it was the hospital that put me on it. So ill ask her of there is anything else that can be done to see if things are ok other than ovulation.

It does take it out of you when ever month is another disappointment but let's keep our heads high and just hope that things will happen xx
  • thats all they done with me just bloods really but i had a laparoscopy which showed my left tube is completly blocked x

yeah fingers crossed for us all xx
  • Well when I went to the hospital they said my tubes were fine. So I don't really know what else they can do really. Just try not to worry about it too much because it won't happen If we do xx
  • thats even better then everythings nice and clear all you need is to ovulate and time.it right and hopefully youl get that positive test!x
  • Yeah thats the plan image just got to chill out about it and not put to much pressure on myself, it's the timing thats half the problem because my periods aren't always the same every month it's hard to know when I shoul be ovulating. Xx
  • im.the exact same mines are all over the place too so dont know when il be ovulatong lol! image x
  • guess i'll be starting the clomid on thursday.....  slept in this morning, and had the unwelcome surprise........not happy.

any advice?

• There isn't much to say about clomid really. Everyone is different I haven't really had any bad side affects. I have been feeling emotional though. All I can say really is just go with your gut QnBee.

I wish I knew more on when I ovulate but not really had much luck as of yet with it. It would be nice if my periods was regular xx
  • QnBee, this is my 2nd day on it and i really dont know if what im feeling ia due to pms or if its the clomid tbh, had a few hot flushes last night which i know must have been.clomid because im usualy freezing even when others are warm, was so tired in bed for 8pm lastnight, its now only 7.40 and im in bed again tonight lol!

few cramps here & there which again all this could be due to my period not the tablet x

supose it can afect everyone differently x