Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

NEW, Clomid advice?

Replies

• thank you, i'll see how it goes.  i have to remember to do my temp testing, as i keep forgetting in the mornings!  i have o-tests so i can fall back on those.

good luck to all.  please keep posting!

• With the temp thing. When do you start taking your temptiture? I haven't done it before but I'm wanting to give it ago to make me have more of a chance x
  • may sound a silly question but when and what do you use to temp? iv never done it but want to give it a go, i have opks so going to use them too x

as i have a blocked tube i found something online about fertility massage and how to do it yourself il give that a go & also have a fertility cd (sad i know lol) but its actually really relaxing, il give anything a go if it helps! image x
  • i was told to temp in the morning, and do it every day.  as you need to establish what your normal levels are, so you know when it is elevated.  and you can buy basal thermometre in the pharmacy, which is a super sensitive therm.  it'll note your temp to a couple of decimal places, and when it - i believe - jumps, briefly, it likely means that you have ovulated.  i have also been told that your temp only jumps when you ovulate, so the opks are also a good idea, as they will let you know you are about to ovulate - about 12-24 hours from a positive.  this is from my experience, so you may want to read up on it, or ask your doctor to get the info for yourself.

and thanks for the tip!

• yeah i am thinking of charting my temp but i have never done it before, there is so much pressure on us to get it just right, i just wish it was much simpler to catch on. i just need to learn to relax about it all, i think i put the most pressure on myself and then get all worried about it been right etc... and that really isnt doing me any good, i think i might have to look and that cd and hope it chills me out image x

• the charting seems to be beyond me, as i forgot again this morning.

yes, there is a lot of pressure on us women to get it all correct.  and so many times life gets in the way of it.  just try to remember that it takes two, and to have your significant other help out with support, etc.

• yeah mines trying his best to stop me from going crazy!! i guess sometimes i forget its not just me going though this. and that he is hurting too. xx

• how's the clomid going?  starting mine tomorrow....and i once again have a nasty head cold!

had to search for the thread, as my "followed threads" has deleted itself!  hope all is well with everyone.

• hey x

yeah all good, yesterday was horrible though the cramps u had were terrble dont know if thats normal or not?x
  • hey, i am about time to ovulate i think and i keep getting the odd little pain where i think my overies are. so i am hoping that the clomid is working. so fingres crossd image 

the only problem i am having is that i seem to be thinking about it all the time! and its begining to send me a little mad! my moods are up and down which isnt good but there isnt much i can do about it xx

• my moods been high then low today aswell leanne dont know wether im coming or going lol!

hopefully you are due to ovulate make sure you cover all bases image x im sure hubby wont be complaining! image x
  • hi ladies I thought I would join in your thread.

I have been on clomid and fell pregnant on my 2nd cycle of 100 mg and injection to release eggs on day 12.

I sadly mc after 7 1/2 weeks image

due to start clomid again in the next couple of days.

not looking forward to the hot flushes and mood swings though image.

I have polysistic overies and we have been ttc for 2 years x
  • yeah he wont mind im sure of it... i know im like that at the min all over the place.

im so sorry to hear that lottie, i am so scared that i will mc when i do finally get pregnent but i hope that wont happen. what is that injection? x

• hi lottie x

so sorry to hear about your loss no women should have to experience that x hope tgis next round of clomid helps xx

what is the injections you had? did you find clomid bad?x

im.also scared of mc or ectopic as i only have one gd tube xx
  • I have 100 mg of clomid then on day 12 they scwn me and if I have eggs big enough they give me an injection to release them so we just go away and bed for the next 2 days. ive heard not alot of people have this though. a few people I talked to on another thread before was just given there tablets and just left to it.

mc is really scarey. you spend agess ttc then having treatment falling pregnant is just the start of the long road ahead. I never thought it would happen to me. I think when I fall again ill be so scared image

but everything hapoens for a reason and im thinking positive.

did you have the dye test then? I found that not too bad , really wasnt looking foward to it and people were saying how much it hurt.
  • i am just taking the tablets, but i am at the doctors on friday and i might ask my doctor about it, i will be having blood test next cycle to see if i am ovulating. i have had the dye test and i hated it, it was so painful, my tubes are ok though. yeah i am trying to keep thinking possitve but its easier said than done xx

• id definatly ask about the injection. it saves stressing about if your ovulating or not and you no when to do the business image

are they scanning you? they told me that clomid thins your womb lining and to take asprin everyday. something they picked up during one of my day 12 scans.

also they told me to use a really good lubricant. I used sensilube I think its called.

I no its hard to stay positive and I have days I dont feel like being positive but itll happen.

its really hard when I go to the hospital and sit in the waiting room with all the antenatal patients image like today I had an apoointnent and I had to ask if I could wait somewhere else. x
  • iv been given the tablets and left to my own devices lol, i didnt go for the dye test with hsg i went straight for the laparoscopy and was told my left tubes completly blocked x i havent ovulated since having my son nearly 5 years ago x

i cant even imagine how that must feel i really hope this time it works for you x

i think il ask about the injections but dont know if id qualify for them since i have my son il need to ask how it works x
  • no there not scanning me, they didnt really tell me anything just to go back in 4 months. ill have a look at the lube it cant hurt can it? yeah i know what u mean about the hospital with all the ladies there that are pregnent, i am finding it really hard to stay possitve at the moment but i know i dont really have any other choises so i have got to keep smiling!! xx

• the is sperm friendly. theres a few you can get I think another one is concueve plus or preseed. all really good when ttc.

when ttc forva long time its really hard to stay positive image specially when others around are falling pregnant just like that.

but I no from ex perience clomid does work so lets hope we get our bfps soon image