Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

NEW, Clomid advice?

Replies

• yeah it is the worst!! but there is nothing else we can do but wait! you foget how long 4 weeks is when your waiting for it to be up! if i dont catch on this month ive got a ovulation kit to use next month xx

• waiting is the worst, i agree.  well, done the clomid, so yeah!  going to ov test this aft to see where we're at.  did manage to get hubby to be "interested" last night - and this morning....- even though his sister came over and stayed until after 10 pm!  i'm still thinking i'm feeling o pains, but they may be in my head.

do keep us up to date please!

• sorry about the late reply ladies had a hectic day x

the gallstones are absolutely horrendus when they flare up just really wanted to avoid surgery il have a word with the nurse when i go for my bloods i really dont know what to do for the best x

ohhh fingers crosed for you all to be pregnamt this momth then all the signs are positive x

ladies - clomid is really not agreeing with me thats every day this month iv been really sore with bad cramping and pressure pushing down on my bladder (so it deels) im having a really bad day today feeling really emotional, im fed up already of feeling fed up lol! x
  • I know what you mean Kell I have had them days a lot, maybe it's the clomid that's affecting me? Did you do a ovulation test this month Kell? Hope your feeling better and try not to let it all get on top of you xx
  • just having a bad day i think lol x just feel.like im having extreme mood swings and yhese cramps arent helping x partners being really unsesitive to how im feeling aswell aswell which is making it worse x

yeah naybe it is the clomid leanne i know i really didnt expect it to hit me this hard maybe your bodys doing the same ajusting to it x

thanks hun, im sure we will all help each other through it x
  • hang in there ladies!

kellx, sorry if i'm being redundant, but maybe this means the clomid is working?  the emotions come along side the stress.  i hope for your sake.....i'm also, i believe suffering after affects.  sore a little, and severe "floating head".  but that could be the cold too.

tell the man to shape up!  he's not the one who had to take the nasty drug!  but he'll come around.  my hubby was like that for a while, and i confronted him over it, and he was just having trouble dealing with the situation.  

• hi ladies, really confused. image had a light bit of pink discharge in my underwear tonight. exactly what I had the day before I found out I was pregnant before!! ddone a test was negative used a tesco one.

I dont really no when my period is due as its never on time and ive only had one cycle since my mc anyway. that was on the 7th of last month.

when I see that pink discharge my heart was beating so fast! then when I see the negative it was like the worst thing ever image I did a clear blue on friday and that said not pregnant but dunno if it would of worked anyway? dont no what to think I might give it a few more days then do another clear blue. omg why does things like this happen to me. its not far and I really was getting my hopes up image x
  • im hoping the same QnBee that it is working fingers crossed x

have u? thats a shame hope you feel better x i read so much about it before i took it bit didnt antisipate it being this bad x

i think he just doesnt understand how ill its making me.feel with taking these tablets, working & running a house and brininging up Liam while Johns doin 12 hr sjifts its exhausting x hes getting impatient aswell i think lol x

did your husband take long to come round?x
  • it was a bit of time.  a learning process, if you will.  he had to learn a little about the reason for taking the drugs, and what their side-effects would be.  talk to your hubby about this.  i'm sure the outcome means as much to him.  ask him to do a little bit of research - got to love google!  and, with my hubby, he really likes to know what he spending money on!  not very romantic, but gave him a little more to work with.

and lottie, i'm sorry that you're struggling so much!  i hope things regulate for you soon.

• Sounds like its overwhelming for all of us!

Lottie maybe you should just give it a few more days and test again but do it in the morning because your wee is stronger then. And just try and stay calm about it. I know it's hard it would be driving me crazy!

I didn't think that the tablets would still affect me now though as I haven't had any since the start of the month? Xx
  • oh lottie im sorry it must be driving you mad! i agree with the other ladies here maybe wait a few days and test in the morning to make sure x it may be your body getting back to normal again x again it may be too early for a posotive to show even on a clearblue, i hate pregnancy tests lol it took me nearly 3 weeks late before i got my bfp x

QnBee, my partner john is usualy really supportive and comes to all apointments with me so the dr explains to both of us the pros and cons plus im always on google reading things and share it with him, in all honesty i think it was my erratic mood swings that caused his bad mood today iv been like a women possesed lol! made up though so all good x plus checking clomid calculator saod i should ov between the 11th-16th bit then a normal ov calculator said itd be the 26th! just going to dtd every other day this month and hope for the best x

leanne i was the same i expected the side effects to only be while i was taking them (2nd-7th) but the last 4 days iv actually been worse than when i was on them bit confusing but i googled other forums and theres lots of women with the same as me and you after taking clomid, aparently it should get better once we ov? wating game x
  • Hi,

I just took clomid for the first time.  My hubby and I have been trying for more than 2 years.  Im 34 and he's 37 this year. 

have done all bloods and hes done the swimmers test...he is fine, whereas I think i dont ovulate regularly.  Well, several bloods done didnt indicate ovulation but one showed slight ovulation hormone.

I had a lap for endo done at the end of July...which was bad coz it turned out i was actually preg at the time.  Ironic huh.  It ended up as a m/c in Aug...i was 7 weeks.

so now...the new ob/gyne has given me clomid to try, hopefully it will help...

scared now image

• Hi Ladies....

Well af arrived this morning so looks like ill start my clomid tomorrow. Looking forward to it as we are now back on the road to starting again and hopefully getting a bfp soon! Just booked in with the fertility clinic for my day 12 scan so thats all done. Lets just hope the side effects are not as much this time! x
  • hey mztkal x

sorry to hear about your mc image x hope ur feeling a bit better now x

clomid seems.to be working but the side effects arent too nice but im.not generaly a tablet taker so anytime i so they tend not to agree with me x

thats good lottie starting again hopefully this month is your month x
  • Im hoping too but ive herad so many stories of people trying on clomid for ages after a mc and nothing image they did offer me iui this time round but i said no to it as i was positive with the clomid , sort of wishing i had took the offer.
  • what actually is a iui? iv heard of it but dont know what it is x

all we can do is hope the clomid does its job and we time it right x itl happen just try stay positive... feel like a hypocrit saying that lol had a bad day yeserday its carried on to today aswell lol x
  • i hate bad days image feeling really stressed today and i havent even strated the clomid again yet image

Hubby is going on a stag weekend 9-10 march and i wasnt very happy about it really.

Now everytime it pops up it causes an argument and its poped up again today because he dosnt no anything about it his paid the money but dont no where his staying or anything. So when i txt the girl whos getting married and said where are her fiance and that staying, hubby says it was out of order of me and i like to be in control?? just wanted to know where my husband was staying is that a bad thing? Really dont need all this sit right now image
  • iui is when you take clomid then they scan you on day 12, they insert your partners sperm in you my a small tube.

They flush the sperm through first though so only the good swimmers are there.

Sorry about the above rant had to get it off my chest lol! x
  • i dont think your out of order at all! my mans the best man for his cousin whos getinf married next year, his cousins said he wants to go abroad for the stag which iv made my feelings very clear about i do not want John going but hes the best man!? il need to wait and see but im sure if the shoe was on the other foot and u wer going to a hen abroad ur partner would be a little anxious, hes acting this way because hes not in the bad position its you, its really insesnsitive of him to act this way and if anything id say hes out of order! your puting your body and mental state through alot in order for him, not just you, to have a baby and hes being like that? if anything i think your acting calm id be livid lol! (rant over sorry lol)

my consultant offered us that option but i think id need to pay for it because i have a kid already?x
  • Thats exactly it! Now all this have just expanded and out of preportion all over me asking where he was staying?

I didnt matter what i said about the stag do he was adiment that he was going even though if before he was asked to go if i wanted to go on an all girls weekend i would of got a no your not going and i wouldnt of gone. Its always the same he does what he wants and i always take him in to consideration.

Now his saying his gonna stop putting me first?? i asked him what does that mean. How can he say stuff like this ? image really upset. really dont need all this.

I mean i no we are going through this beucase i have polysistic overies so it is my fault but to say his gonna stop putting me first. whats that all about?