Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

40 and still tic

sorry new to this so if i go on or lingo isnt right and spelling lol,is any one out there 40 and ttc? i have a child whos just turned 4 have been ttc since now at hospital and got clomid started last mth my problem lies with ovulation not very good anyone in a simular situation? x

Replies

• my cycle is any thing over 36 days to 45 can not pin point ovulation and its never showed up on test sticks, just hoping for a sucess story to keep me going and give me hope,

• i just turned 41 last week and ttc 1.  Have been on clomid since july.  Got pregnant on my second cycle of clomid at 50mg but unfortunately miscarred at 9 weeks and been back on clomid for 4 months (this is my last month) on 100mg and still no pregnancy yet.  Wishing us both positive and healthy pregnancies very very soon x

• hey pickles sorry to hear you too are having problems ttc

i am the exact same as yourself except age, i am 24

my son aswell is 4 and i havent ovulated since having him, first.month of clomid last month worked as i finaly ovulated but didnt get pregnant however i have male factor aswell, my partner has lower than average sperm count and i also have a blocked tube going against us aswel x

hope the clomid works for you x
  • thank you T M and Kellx bought myself a clear blue monitor to help,havent set it up properly yet but got very excited that a test stick showed two lines which means at least i ovulated YAY! day 16 so lets hope it works,

TM sorry to pry have you got other children? so sorry for your loss i have a twin she hasnt stryggled to concieve but lost a pregnacy 5mths which was trumatic for her but has since gone on to have a girl whos now 4mths old and perfect, she had to supostries to help keep the pregnancy lucky for her it worked.i know where ttc thats not all we have to keep the pregnancy too,trying not to stress about it,looking on the forums ladies are trying different things which you proberbly read like i have,i wish you all the luck in the world!! i have a friend that went right the way through to ivf 5years and nothing,then caught naturaly and has 2 boys,another caught on clomid for her boy then natural for secound a  girl, are you under fertility at a hospital? mine seams quite good and help full,let me know how you get on xxxx

• Kellx

thanks for reply i know it dosent help but wish i had more time my age is against me,is there not anything they can do for the blocked tube? and your partners low count? are you under fertility at a hospital? some are better than others my first consultant was a younge lad no older than 25 had no idear and said at least you have a child!! that was over 3 years ago so changed hospitals and took a while for an appointment at my new one but i now have a lady and she is fab she is quite well know in my area as being very good,thought i read somewhere they can un blocked tubes now is that not the case? at least thats one less thing causing problems,im hoping that i catch knowing i have ovulated but at least i know the clomid done its job and working. wishing you well dont be fob off keeping trying and as they say dont stress about it easier said than done xxxx

• i had a laparoscopy to determine the blocked tube, while they were in they tried unblocking it but it wouldnt work it was far too blocked image x

yeah my gp had refered us to gynecology clinic in the hospitsl we have been under a consultant for over a year now and thats us just been put on clomid its been a long road x

i cant believe he said that! there are too many insensitive people out there who jusr sont understand!x

i really hope it works for you xx
  • i'm 41 and ttc child number 1. i have been since July 2012. had 21 day bloods done seeing my GP tomorrow and have bought a cbfm which i have just begun to use! time isn't on my side and i really would love a child! didn't meet the one till i was 39 and been very career focussed! i want it to be me
  • thanks kellx thats a shame they couldnt un block it so sorry! i know men for you! where you at now then?waiting for day 21 blood test? i missed my blood test should have been last mon totaly forgot did test via my clear blue ovulation sticks and it was positive but how strong who knows,wishing you sucess soon x

Ebdteacher2013  bless you!!  try not leave it to late to get a appointment with fertility clinic at a hosplital mines been fab,after i spent nearly a year doing blood test,different scans, test ect at my gp she refered me to fertility clinic then took a few weeks to get an appointment so you might need to get pushy with your gp and say enoughs enough i want a fertility clinic appointment eles you will be waiting ages and getting no where,glad you've found a nice guy does he not have children? my partner has a girl whos 2 and i know ive got my boy 4 but we want one together, dosnt help my twin sister has a 4mth old little girl so broody,wishing you loads of luck let me know how you get on x

• My 21 day bloods indicated that I didn't ovulate last month. My GP said thatvdue to my age the NHS cannot support any treatment! Gutted
  • yeah pickles i was suposed to get my day 21done today but due to being really ill after having my gallbladder out i had to cancel and get an emergency home viait from.the doctor, itd shock me so much if i fell this month iv barely been able to let ither half near me and when i have its just been purely babymaking lol!

ebdteacher why wont they support you on your ttc jurney? they wont even cover bloods testing hsg or anything? thats terrible!! i think the nhs really should evaluate thier look on funding for assisting with fertility i mean they cover lypo and boob jobs etc which is alot of money spent on looks but to give someone help to bevomea mother isnt obv a high enough priority! its shocking x
  • hi ladies, have u googled for charities that help?

I had a look once and there are a few around. Dont know how helpful they are, but I guess its worth seeing if they  can help.

Good luck, wishing you all a happy ever after.

xxxxxxxxxxx